Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Page 1 of 19 12345678911 ... LastLast
    Hardcore Member

Rank

! Sodaboy's PSO Server (SPSOS "Tethealla" )

Since Sodaboy shut down his site to get the PSO server he made, a nice guy from Schthack named pmpjr downloaded the server files and the client as well as a few of the pages from Sodaboy's web site for instructions and made a link for everyone to download it. I dont deserve any credit for this as it was pmpjr who did this and not me. Have fun! :D

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

If your wondering where the post that I got this from is, here it is! SCHTServ PSO Server Forum • View topic - pioneer2.net?? ?

EDIT: Here are the links from the other posts.

omnija's link to one version of the source code: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9OOQSXZZ
    Another link I found of the source code (seems more recent): http://www.mediafire.com/?6z109r6fmo5bopp
    Link I made to make a sign up page for your server: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WL2K4UQO
    wolfking's link to the GM command list: http://forum.ragezone.com/attachment...a-commands.txt
    My link to the PSO server client: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KVY50SWM
    Mirror to the same client: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KVY50SWM
    My link to the official Sega server client (Not to be used for the server. Just here for special purposes.): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XTAYDLVA

EDIT 2: Sodaboy reopened his site but in read only. If you want, you can go to his site at http://pioneer2.net/forum/viewforum....8716ebea5ac166 and download the stuff there. Since his site is now only read only, you can use this forum post to ask questions, get help, or anything PSO server related.
    Last edited by Da_GPer; 25-12-10 at 05:18 PM.

2. # ADS
    HyperFilter
    RaGEZONE Sponsor

Rank
      Sponsor  

Rank
    Alpha Male

Re: Sodaboy's PSO Server (SPSOS "Tethealla" )

Quote Originally Posted by Da_GPer View Post
    Since Sodaboy shut down his site to get the PSO server he made, a nice guy from Schthack named pmpjr downloaded the server files and the client as well as a few of the pages from Sodaboy's web site for instructions and made a link for everyone to download it. I dont deserve any credit for this as it was pmpjr who did this and not me. Have fun! :D

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

If your wondering where the post that I got this from is, here it is! SCHTServ PSO Server Forum • View topic - pioneer2.net?? ?
    wow what a coinscidence, i checked 2 days ago to see if the site was still up since last time i checked he said he has moved on. im not sure if i had gotten the lastest release but thanks :),this is still the best psobb emu out there also.

also not sure if your release has the source in it, but here it is anyways
    if anyone would like to continue his project

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9OOQSXZZ
    Last edited by Omnija; 07-12-10 at 01:16 PM.

-o)
    /\\
    _\_V
    The Penguin is "ALWAYS WATCHING".. HEHE

Hardcore Member

Rank

Cool! Thanks for putting the source up. The files pmpjr put up didnt have the source so you might have just given others a chance to make this server even better and fix any bugs that may exist. By the way, is the source the most current version and is it both the login and ship servers?

Rank
    Alpha Male

Cool! Thanks for putting the source up. The files pmpjr put up didnt have the source so you might have just given others a chance to make this server even better and fix any bugs that may exist. By the way, is the source the most current version and is it both the login and ship servers?
    yea it should be, since the files i had kept on my external were the latest as well, so im pretty sure it is. Since i grabbed them from soda boys forum a while back when he was saying he was gonna stop updating and working on the project. i honestly think there aren`t very many bugs in it and works extrmely well compared to all these other emulators who also huge community working on them which is sad, since soda boy did it all on his own i think and works really well.
    Last edited by Omnija; 07-12-10 at 03:17 PM.

-o)
    /\\
    _\_V

Hardcore Member

Rank

I would check the source to see if it is up to date but I dont know how to read code. I just hope that it is. It would be great to see this server be continued to be worked on as its my favorite online game. :D

Rank
    Alpha Male

yea, it really is a good game, not very many ppl today understand why it is or don`t bother to try it... i think its the whole new age era `WOW WOW WOW WOW` dats all i ever hear even to games which aren`t even related in anyways ppl manage to compare it to every online game. im not sure which language he wrote it in either.
    Last edited by Omnija; 07-12-10 at 03:55 PM.

-o)
    /\\
    _\_V

Hardcore Member

Rank

Ill agree with you about kids these days and WoW. I never really got into WoW that much. Played it when it first came out and quit shortly after. I always love playing PSO though. I have also played PSU (Check out Essen's server for a PSU private server) and also Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2. Dont like PSZ though. I cant wait for PSO2 though. :D

Ya know, lets hope that the admins to RageZone will make a section for PSO on there server list.

EDIT: I found another source code link. http://www.mediafire.com/?6z109r6fmo5bopp
    Last edited by Da_GPer; 07-12-10 at 04:34 PM.

Rank
    Alpha Male

ill take a look at see what language its written in, also yea i basicly thought Wow was really unorginal and boring and exactly like all mmorpg nothing special (PPL just love it due to blizzard title). i also have psp - phantasy star portable and wanna try out psp2. but ill check it out right now.

edit: it`s written in VC++
    Last edited by Omnija; 07-12-10 at 06:08 PM.

-o)
    /\\
    _\_V

Rank

is this the refreshed release of the emu? cuz sodab0y always put an updated revision of his emu on his board...not included on the repack he stickied

Rank
    Alpha Male

Quote Originally Posted by karl7 View Post
    is this the refreshed release of the emu? cuz sodab0y always put an updated revision of his emu on his board...not included on the repack he stickied
    yea, this is his last release

-o)
    /\\
    _\_V

Hardcore Member

Rank

I took a look at both the source that omnija has and the source I found. I dont know how to read code or anything but looking at the files called login_server.c and ship_server.c, I found what may be the version numbers to the servers. If it is, then omnija's source is login server V. 0.046 and ship server V. 0.137 and the one I found is login server V. 0.046 and ship server V. 0.144. That means that, if what I read is correct, that the source I found has a better ship server then even the binary files I originally posted in the first post. :o The login server though would be one version out of date though. :(

Rank

@Da Gper

yeah the one stickied on pioneer2 board is his repack version, there is a topic on pioneer2 that has some fixes and updates on every posts that is not included on the repack version, as far as i remember they have alot of conversation and fixes on that topic

Rank
    Alpha Male

it`s hard to say since he`s not around to ask anymore, but it is built in VC++ so if you know anyone who knows C++ language they can take a look at it.

-o)
    /\\
    _\_V

Hardcore Member

Rank

Well, lets hope that someone does take over Sodaboy's work. It be nice to see this PSO server live on.

Rank
    Alpha Male

Well, lets hope that someone does take over Sodaboy's work. It be nice to see this PSO server live on.
    there's also another project which was made by fruzzer or soemthing like that. but had soo many problems with it, and i think he just purely gave up on it. even if nobody else continues it, it's still extrmely stable and still so worth having . i also saw somewhere that there are people working on PSU emulator as well.

edit: http://psumods.co.uk/forums/comments...iscussionID=84 i think this is it
    Last edited by Omnija; 08-12-10 at 09:16 AM.

-o)
    /\\
    _\_V

Page 1 of 19 12345678911 ... LastLast