Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Sodaboy's PSO Server (SPSOS "Tethealla" )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey -cYcLoNe-, thanks so much for posting this up. Do you have this running on your pc? If you do what settings do you have? I run a server offline so it works with no internet connection and SPSOF gets through the patch process with:

Code:
Proxy server IP: 127.0.0.1
Opening TCP port 11000 for connections.
Waiting for connection.
Attempting to accept connection.
Sending No patches packet..
Begin data parsing.

But then it gets stuck on:

Code:
Patch process complete.
Opening TCP port 12000 for main connection.
Accepted connection from 127.0.0.1:[COLOR="Red"][B]XXXX[/B][/COLOR] on port 12000.
Closing old proxy client socket.
Closing old proxy server socket.

...with XXXX being a different four-digit number each time I try to load the game up. PSOBB then comes up with an error:

Code:
(No916)
The server is full.
Please try connecting again later.

I tried a bunch of different settings with the serverip2.txt file but I don't know if my game server IP address is wrong or something in there. Tried 127.0.01 and my internal and external IP with no luck. I don't know if any ports need to be forwarded but I havn't done that been as it's always been working as an offline server for me up to now.

Any ideas? Thanks for posting anyway. Im sure these will be helpful to non-noobs straight away :p:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes iam running the server on my local machine.

I guess your problem is that your are running your psobb server and the proxy under the same ip e.g. 127.0.0.1

first go to your login server directory and open the file tethealla.ini

Code:
# Server IP address to bind to (your private IP)

Change this entry to your local LAN IP adress (not 127.0.0.1, localhost or your internet ip)

then goto your shipserver directory and open ship.ini

Code:
# The IP address or host name of the login server to register the ship to.

change the ip to your local lan ip

then goto the spsof_bb folder and open the file proxyip.txt

Code:
# If you're unable to bind to the loopback IP, change the address up top to your
# LAN or public IP.

the ip should be 127.0.0.1

open the file serverip.txt

Code:

Change the two IPs to your local LAN IP.

In the third line is the patch server port and the 4th line the shipserver port.

When you dont change the ports in the teth.ini and ship.ini you dont need to change it.

Start the PsoBB_Localhost.exe from sodaboys release.

Now you should be able to connect to you local psobb server.

I forgot something:
You dont need to change the serverip2.txt
Its only for the connection to the japanese servers when you start the proxy with the -j parameter.

It should look something like this:

Da_GPer - Sodaboy's PSO Server (SPSOS "Tethealla" ) - RaGEZONE Forums

Da_GPer - Sodaboy's PSO Server (SPSOS "Tethealla" ) - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey -cYcLoNe- thanks, I finally got it working!

I tried editing the settings to exactly what you said but was still getting the same problem with it not being able to connect. I went and found an older localhost.exe though from a different version of the client I downloaded (I have a load of versions in all random folders on my pc) since I realised I hadn't tried that when you said "Start the PsoBB_Localhost.exe from sodaboys release" ...and it worked! Guess it was a problem with the settings and a conflict with the exe I had.

Thanks so much, I thought I'd never get the thing working, it's much appreciated :thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I made a new version of the ship server with some small improvements and a new gm command.

Before you use it make a backup of your database and dont overwrite your old shipserver with this new version.

I tested it and it works fine for me but sometimes ... :grr:

With GM rights you can change your section id in the game with the command /sectionid.

It should work without a client relog but the client still shows your old section id until you make a relog.

Usage /sectionid number

0 Viridia
1 Greennill
2 Skyly
3 Bluefull
4 Purplenum
5 Pinkal
6 Redria
7 Oran
8 Yellowboze
9 Whitill

For those who want to compile their own shipserver here is the source code. Just copy it into the command section (search for "if ( !strcmp ( myCommand, "npc" ) )")

Code:
if ( ( !strcmp ( myCommand, "sectionid" ) ) && ((client->isgm) || (playerHasRights(client->guildcard, 7))) )
{
  if ( myCmdArgs == 0 )
  {
    SendB0 ("You must specify a Section ID (0 - 9)", client);
  }
  else
  {
    target = atoi ( myArgs[0] );
    if ((target >= 0) && (target < 10))
    {
      debug ("Old SID %u",client->character.sectionID);
      l->sectionID = atoi ( myArgs[0] );	//leader Section ID
      client->character.sectionID = atoi ( myArgs[0] ); //Character Section ID
      debug ("New SID %u",client->character.sectionID);
      switch (target)
      {
        case 0:
          SendB0 ("Section ID changed to Viridia.", client);
          break;
        case 1:
          SendB0 ("Section ID changed to Greennill.", client);
          break;
        case 2:
          SendB0 ("Section ID changed to Skyly.", client);
          break;
        case 3:
          SendB0 ("Section ID changed to Bluefull.", client);
          break;
        case 4:
          SendB0 ("Section ID changed to Purplenum.", client);
          break;
        case 5:
          SendB0 ("Section ID changed to Pinkal.", client);
          break;
        case 6:
          SendB0 ("Section ID changed to Redria.", client);
          break;
        case 7:
          SendB0 ("Section ID changed to Oran.", client);
          break;
        case 8:
          SendB0 ("Section ID changed to Yellowboze.", client);
          break;
        case 9:
          SendB0 ("Section ID changed to Whitill.", client);
          break;
        default:
          break;
      }

else
      {
        SendB0 ("Please enter a correct Section ID (0-9)", client);
      }
   }
}

Rapidshare:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know what bit of code would need to be altered to make the door switches always act as if the game is one person even when it is normal?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know what bit of code would need to be altered to make the door switches always act as if the game is one person even when it is normal?

I don't know about changing code, but if you download this: then it's simple enough to do with that.

All you do is rename your exe you use to load up the game to PSOBB.exe otherwise the trainer won't recognise the game, then load the trainer, then click launch at top-left and select your exe and the game loads. While in game just press any of the shortcuts listed in the trainer (e.g. Alt+1 to make multi switch doors open solo) and it should work. To turn off any cheats you put on just use Alt+D.

Hope that helps until someone can give you the code you need, it does exctly the same thing anyways :blush:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
When did this forum post become about SPSOF? LOL

EDIT: -cYcLoNe-, what changes did you do to the new ship server other then section ID editing? I should check it out, sometime.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know about changing code, but if you download this: then it's simple enough to do with that.

All you do is rename your exe you use to load up the game to PSOBB.exe otherwise the trainer won't recognise the game, then load the trainer, then click launch at top-left and select your exe and the game loads. While in game just press any of the shortcuts listed in the trainer (e.g. Alt+1 to make multi switch doors open solo) and it should work. To turn off any cheats you put on just use Alt+D.

Hope that helps until someone can give you the code you need, it does exctly the same thing anyways :blush:

I know a better way. When making a game at the lobby, choose Play Mode and then pick One Person. It should play as single player mode until you go back to the lobby. Have fun!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
With GM rights you can change your section id in the game with the command /sectionid.

It should work without a client relog but the client still shows your old section id until you make a relog.

Thanks for this, it's a nice addition. It is missing a closing brace before the last else though.

I've been working on it and getting it all building using VS2010 and also making sure it's using all the secure function calls (like strcat_s and such). We're playing on this version locally and so far so good. The release build version are super fast too.

So tempted to rewrite in full c++...so tempted.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for this, it's a nice addition. It is missing a closing brace before the last else though.

I've been working on it and getting it all building using VS2010 and also making sure it's using all the secure function calls (like strcat_s and such). We're playing on this version locally and so far so good. The release build version are super fast too.

If you can rewrite the server and make it work just as good or better, please, feel free to. Im sure others would like to see a server written in a language they may be able to understand better or easier.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, however if I want to do the online/multi story quests then going one person will not be very effective.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes, however if I want to do the online/multi story quests then going one person will not be very effective.

I see.... Well, it was a thought. I do know that if you had control of the server files, you can always copy the quest files to the solo folder. Youll also have to edit the quest.lst file to show those files too.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think ultimately removing the forced grouping from the game all-together fits our philosophy & gaming style much better. ;-)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

If you're interested and have the knowledge is it possible for you to implement Challenge Mode into the game? It's one of the biggest parts still missing and I know a lot of people who would love it if someone was able to get it working. A lot of people over at pioneer2.net were always asking about it but it never got implemented because Soda got bored with the project.

I don't know how difficult it would be but if you have c++ knowledge then maybe it might be worth a look. It would be incredible if this got added!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you're interested and have the knowledge is it possible for you to implement Challenge Mode into the game? It's one of the biggest parts still missing and I know a lot of people who would love it if someone was able to get it working. A lot of people over at pioneer2.net were always asking about it but it never got implemented because Soda got bored with the project.

I don't know how difficult it would be but if you have c++ knowledge then maybe it might be worth a look. It would be incredible if this got added!

Id agree about wanting to have challenge mode added. It would complete the server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Id agree about wanting to have challenge mode added. It would complete the server.

It definitely would and from what I've heard it wouldn't even be that difficult to do. Lee over at SCHTSERV said in a couple posts that it only took him about two weeks to get challenge mode working from scratch, and that most of that time was spent testing.

Whether he was just bragging or not, the basic framework and challenge quests are already there. Just needs someone to put it all together in the right way. Lee used the xbox version of the game and logged the commands that were going through the server as various actions occured like enemy spawns, creating a gravestone etc. and used that understanding of how that version worked to build up the blue burst challenge mode, at least I believe thats what he did, could be completely wrong though.

It just needs the right person to take a look at what's already in place and then provide some feedback on what would need to be done...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It definitely would and from what I've heard it wouldn't even be that difficult to do. Lee over at SCHTSERV said in a couple posts that it only took him about two weeks to get challenge mode working from scratch, and that most of that time was spent testing.

Whether he was just bragging or not, the basic framework and challenge quests are already there. Just needs someone to put it all together in the right way. Lee used the xbox version of the game and logged the commands that were going through the server as various actions occured like enemy spawns, creating a gravestone etc. and used that understanding of how that version worked to build up the blue burst challenge mode, at least I believe thats what he did, could be completely wrong though.

It just needs the right person to take a look at what's already in place and then provide some feedback on what would need to be done...

lol its not so easy

i played arround with challenge mode this evening

i got the server to start challenge mode quests and i fixed crash when i die in challenge mode

i havent played challenge mode on pso yet but:
i cant level up in challenge mode on sodaboys server
can i level up in challenge mode?

i cheated with a friend to see if it works but at the boss stage no boss was present

i think there is a lot of work to do to get challenge mode running

when levelup in challenge mode is possible, i must change all the levelup functions, so that they work with the temp char files that the ship server creates ... omg

this will be a lot of work and i dont have the sparetime for this

the server runs fine for our lan purposes and we will have fun until the pso2 release

i think i will only fix bugs and make some other improvements to the server but challenge mode is to time consuming

my next goal will be to remove the mat limit from the client and some other cool gm commands

when iam wrong with my suggestions i maybe must take the time to understand all those pso server and client stuff but i think this will take to much time, that i dont have

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
this will be a lot of work and i dont have the sparetime for this

the server runs fine for our lan purposes and we will have fun until the pso2 release
That's what I'm dealing with too.

It's working fine on our LAN and we are as well just biding out time until PSO2. We might open it up for friends, but it's really just a fun little project to do in my increasingly small spare time.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was assuming it would be straight forward to get it working, guess I was being a little optimistic. I know how hard it must be, I've been trying to learn the basics myself and it's way beyond me at the moment.

If you guys do pick it up as a side project though whenever you have chance then I'd settle for that. I don't mind waiting another year or more if I knew progress was actually being made, however slow. Of course I'm not really in much position to ask been as I havn't really got anything to contribute myself to it. Thought I might as well suggest it though, it can't hurt to try lol :laugh:

Anyway I'm still grateful to finally have SPSOF up and running so thats good enough for me for the time being :thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back