Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Sodaboy's PSO Server (SPSOS "Tethealla" )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys, we are trying to make this server 100% how Sega had it or even better then how Sega had it. In other words, if someone has info that would help improve the server and bring the server closer to our goal, then why hold on to it? Thats not helping anyone and only holding back progress. Please, dont be one of those people who clings on things that can help others. Its selfish and not good for your rep. Dont you want to see this server succeed?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Guys, we are trying to make this server 100% how Sega had it or even better then how Sega had it. In other words, if someone has info that would help improve the server and bring the server closer to our goal, then why hold on to it? Thats not helping anyone and only holding back progress. Please, dont be one of those people who clings on things that can help others. Its selfish and not good for your rep. Dont you want to see this server succeed?

ive done 99.9% all i need to do is fix the points and maybe tweak challenge mode. i don't care about rep and my server is doing fine as it is lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ive done 99.9% all i need to do is fix the points and maybe tweak challenge mode. i don't care about rep and my server is doing fine as it is lol

You should get the rep though. By the way, I know -cYcLoNe- said he would work on it when he has time, but I thought that I should ask anyways. I was wondering if you can look at Fuzziqer's source to find the info that allows you to make each lobby be a different event, for example, one lobby can be a Sonic lobby and another can be Halloween, and then figure out how to add it to the server.

http://forum.ragezone.com/members/803904.html

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thats too easy but whats the point in that the events set the drops.

I want to have that because then I can change the music in one of the lobbies that I have set as my Ep 3 lobby to the music for the Ep 3 lobby.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want to have that because then I can change the music in one of the lobbies that I have set as my Ep 3 lobby to the music for the Ep 3 lobby.

just copy the event packet used when u use command /event and work out what it sends to clients and make it send on move to that lobby. quite easy really.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just copy the event packet used when u use command /event and work out what it sends to clients and make it send on move to that lobby. quite easy really.

I dont know how to do that nor do I have the programs to do such a thing. I cant code at all. Sorry.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow a lot has happened here since I last checked the forums. Great to see so much progress being made and you guys have almost got challenge mode fully operational? :w00t:

broomop and -cYcLoNe-, will you guys be releasing the server files with your fixes and challenge mode in them when they're ready? I'd like to play challenge mode through lan and that's the one thing missing at the moment.

Much appreciated whatever you guys release!

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've been looking a bit at the source that was released by sodaboy and I'm considering porting most if not all the text files into sql so that there isn't 200+ text files floating around.

I was wondering under what conditions would you share the source that you have edited so I don't run into merge issues later down the line.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been looking a bit at the source that was released by sodaboy and I'm considering porting most if not all the text files into sql so that there isn't 200+ text files floating around.

I was wondering under what conditions would you share the source that you have edited so I don't run into merge issues later down the line.

I thought there already is a SQL version around as the one Im using uses SQL.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The drop rates, battle data etc are still all in either txt or in PMT format, migrating them over to SQL would help development and organization. If I'm not mistaken, only the login and character data is stored in the DB

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The drop rates, battle data etc are still all in either txt or in PMT format, migrating them over to SQL would help development and organization. If I'm not mistaken, only the login and character data is stored in the DB

Your talking about those parts of the SQL list that cant be edited manually?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yea I guess if that's how you want to put it. Some of the stuff's hardcoded into the header files, some of the stuff's in PMT files, other stuff is in heaps of TXT files.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yea I guess if that's how you want to put it. Some of the stuff's hardcoded into the header files, some of the stuff's in PMT files, other stuff is in heaps of TXT files.

If you can make the parts that cant be edited editable, that would help a lot in customizing characters, techs, Lvls, etc. Also, maybe we can be able to figure out how to make custom made techs, characters, weapons, armor, etc. I say go for it!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you can make the parts that cant be edited editable, that would help a lot in customizing characters, techs, Lvls, etc. Also, maybe we can be able to figure out how to make custom made techs, characters, weapons, armor, etc. I say go for it!

you can do small edits its possible to make new characters but nobody seems to have made any except for one guy making a mini chao.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
there is alot of things that can be customized thought that i know of, such as music,skins and textures. For adding new things you'll have to edit the client side and then work with adding id to the server side.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
there is alot of things that can be customized thought that i know of, such as music,skins and textures. For adding new things you'll have to edit the client side and then work with adding id to the server side.

I think what they are trying to do is make it so you dont need to do it all client side, but my editing the info in the SQL part of the server.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think what they are trying to do is make it so you dont need to do it all client side, but my editing the info in the SQL part of the server.

won't happened at all XD, pretty much any server that needs customs, needs client side add-ons as well. Nothing is server sided only, unless it's something like a browser server. If there is a way to make an updater for the client then it should be easy to manage. In the end it's gotta be client side, and then added server sided just like ragnarok.actually minecraft has alot of server sided addons which effect addons on client side.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
won't happened at all XD, pretty much any server that needs customs, needs client side add-ons as well. Nothing is server sided only, unless it's something like a browser server. If there is a way to make an updater for the client then it should be easy to manage. In the end it's gotta be client side, and then added server sided just like ragnarok.actually minecraft has alot of server sided addons which effect addons on client side.

If Im not mistaking, doesnt PSO have an updater in the server as well as the client? Ya know, after you enter your user name and pass and then press start game?

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If Im not mistaking, doesnt PSO have an updater in the server as well as the client? Ya know, after you enter your user name and pass and then press start game?

im pretty sure there is, im not sure how to set it up though. I haven't really tried at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back