Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[soulworker japan] full last server + database

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello jivori

First of all, thank you for the release of Soulworker. I've gathered my team and we've started doing research on the files to see if we are able to get it running.

After repairing the configuration and doing a little bit of reverse engineering work. We have successfully been able to get the latest client to connect to the server and login without any issues.

There is a small issue however. We're currently not able to create any characters. Upon further investigation we've discovered that this is due to missing data from the database.

It appears that, while the DB files contains structure and procedure 100%, it is missing critical data in order to continue with the server files. This includes but not limited to Character Creation, Skill Data, Achievements data, Items, and lots more.

We've discovered that there is alturnative RES loading method in the configuration, this would bypass the DB data requirement. However this requires the server side version of RES files. As porting the Client RES files to the server was not successful.

Ultimately, there is a dead-end for the files.
There are two ways to progress, in which we kindly request from you if possible

1. Reprovide the Database with full data. If possible please remove any sensitive information such as accounts, passwords, etc.

OR

2. If you can locate the server sided RES files, providing that will help as well.

We're interested in making a guide on how to set up the server to the public later down the line and to meet your wish. But those needs to be met in order to progress further.

Thank you so much, I apologise for the mention

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello @jivori

First of all, thank you for the release of Soulworker. I've gathered my team and we've started doing research on the files to see if we are able to get it running.

After repairing the configuration and doing a little bit of reverse engineering work. We have successfully been able to get the latest client to connect to the server and login without any issues.

There is a small issue however. We're currently not able to create any characters. Upon further investigation we've discovered that this is due to missing data from the database.

It appears that, while the DB files contains structure and procedure 100%, it is missing critical data in order to continue with the server files. This includes but not limited to Character Creation, Skill Data, Achievements data, Items, and lots more.

We've discovered that there is alturnative RES loading method in the configuration, this would bypass the DB data requirement. However this requires the server side version of RES files. As porting the Client RES files to the server was not successful.

Ultimately, there is a dead-end for the files.
There are two ways to progress, in which we kindly request from you if possible

1. Reprovide the Database with full data. If possible please remove any sensitive information such as accounts, passwords, etc.

OR

2. If you can locate the server sided RES files, providing that will help as well.

We're interested in making a guide on how to set up the server to the public later down the line and to meet your wish. But those needs to be met in order to progress further.

Thank you so much, I apologise for the mention

hey im waiting on guy who provide files in telegram, when he on i ask him about this RES file and full data thing
maybe he have source too, i will ask :dancemental:

Reaction score

jivori - [soulworker japan] full last server + database - RaGEZONE Forums

None of the links as mentioned in this thread, does not work.... Create a permanent link with no limit on the number of clicks

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

None of the links as mentioned in this thread, does not work.... Create a permanent link with no limit on the number of clicks
The first invite works:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey im waiting on guy who provide files in telegram, when he on i ask him about this RES file and full data thing
maybe he have source too, i will ask :dancemental:

jivori Thank you for the response. Please let us know any updates regarding the situation.

I did a bit more reverse engineering to see if I can force load the RES files from the client to the server and it was unsuccessful. So the server sided version of the RES files OR data from DB SQL is 100% Mandatory.

Also, if you are also able to locate any PDB related files, those will be very helpful too. That is optional.

Once again, thank you very much

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi
asked and he give 2 thing you ask, all res file for japan and pdb from server file
i update top post with extra link:
rar pass: papanasi

ask too about source, him tell he have it but sell only and not cheap
he showed some screens and it include many things, see:
i give him my friend contact who maybe can buy, if all ok i post here source file for all ver include last korea and japan
if source release here, must ask mod or admin to make dev new section maybe they make you mod of soulworker dev section :dancemental:

edit: sry bad format :laugh:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi
asked and he give 2 thing you ask, all res file for japan and pdb from server file
i update top post with extra link:
rar pass: papanasi

ask too about source, him tell he have it but sell only and not cheap
he showed some screens and it include many things, see:
i give him my friend contact who maybe can buy, if all ok i post here source file for all ver include last korea and japan
if source release here, must ask mod or admin to make dev new section maybe they make you mod of soulworker dev section :dancemental:

edit: sry bad format :laugh:
jivori

Thank you very much, the missing RES files worked perfectly.
There was only 1 RES file that broke the server unable to load, but after a quick debug and look we was able to successfully repair the file (Major props to Discord Member - Prozaks).

At 12/23/2020 8:57PM PST, We were able to successfully create a character and log into the game.
My team then proceeded to open up the ports, and we was able to hop in game and meet up without any issues.
At this point, it is complete.

The goal from this point on

I said that I will be fully contributing for this game and that I will be commitment to it from yesterday. I now plan to keep that commitment, The discord development server was only made 3 days ago and I've already made very good connections. This is the first time I am playing this game and I am already having so much fun on both the gameplay and on the technical side .

Currently it is the holidays season. Once Christmas is over our team will start to make a full easy tutorial on the server set up, free.

Because the files are too new (and very easy to configure), it would not make sense to have a monopoly server. I would rather see 20+ SoulWorker private servers than to have only 2~4 with possible legal threats. So, I will attempt to start a new developer scene for this game.

Our team will also start hosting this server as well. You will probably start to see our server appear very soon once all the testing is done.

I also plan to help out the open source emulators whenever I possibly can, major thanks to the PDBs, this is going to be extremely useful for them to figure out the logic of some packets, and I'll try to help out with any assembly issues if needed.

Regarding a section. I can try to do it. All I need to do is follow Madison 's requirements which I've already done my and others contributions from the scene The result from the RZ staff was extremely disappointing. I will try again, but judging from previous experience I am not going to be expecting a section for SoulWorker.

I have one more request. If you are able to communicate thru Discord (or any other messaging app, please send me a PM, I'd love to talk to you in other subjects)

Once again, thank you very much
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
SoulWorker Server Files- Repack :
SoulWorker Client Files- Repack :

The repack contains general fixes to the Server + Client.
Iincluding but not limited to tb_Buff.res fix, Enabling Grassover Camp / Dipluce Horizon, XIgnCode3 Bypass, English translated Client and others.

Tutorial can be found here :
http://forum.ragezone.com/f858/tutorial-soulworker-server-client-setup-1193551/#post9058148

Back