Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    PolandLocation
    11Posts

Re: Spiral Knights server code in Beta client

Spiral Knights server code in Beta client
    Stayin' alive! I've had a very long break because of private reasons. :/
    There are many WIP things left to do. Our (yeah the dev team is now 2 people ) main goal for now is to load and hop inside a level. I'm dropping some screenshots.

The server is up and running! We've called the project Thetya. I can log on, my account details are stored in a SQL database (we're currently using mariadb). We have implemented account flags, tokens and so on.

The original 2011 client had the option to use SEGA Pass. As it's no longer a thing, and we don't (yet) plan to modify the UI in a bigger manner, we implemented a feature in the server's authenticator that simply discards all SEGA Pass logon requests.

I don't have any knights in the database so it's time to create one. If I had one, it would show me a screen like so:

(it is from an older version of our emulator, it will be soon implemented in the new version).
    We can also launch admin dashboard (F3) and open up network stats (F4) as our accounts are flagged as admin.

I'll soon post something more. Stay safe and healthy guys
    Last edited by Meehoweq; 22-11-20 at 12:08 PM.
    Thetya project owner & lead developer
    Feel free to contact me if you need to.

MemberRank
    Oct 2020 Join Date
    2Posts

Damn thats pretty cool. Thank you for the update

MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    PolandLocation
    11Posts

Note: Many of images there were redacted, as Thetya is gaining quite a big interest. Don't get me wrong - we just don't want to get striked and/or distracted in the very early development phase we're in. We'll though keep on posting short text updates, so don't you worry!

Alright then. I promised to post something more, so here it comes...

We finally made it! Thetya is now able to load and serve simple levels (scenes).

Edit: 26th Nov 2020

Items mainly work. We've also been testing actor spawning lately.

Edit: 28th Nov 2020

Items work fully now. We've even managed to get our little test level to handle us carrying and using weapons, but there's still tons of work needed to be done in order to be able to play a "dungeon level". We'll probably concentrate on smaller aspects like guilds, friends etc. for now.
    Last edited by Meehoweq; 30-11-20 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Noted in the post header.
    Thetya project owner & lead developer
    Feel free to contact me if you need to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Advertisement