Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Steam Master server emulator - TINserver

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
how about the "perfectly legal games ;) i own" that use luma emu or steamemu ini and dll
does this thing takes them as games that work on the network?cause some have multiplayer locked unless you fidget around to make dedicated server

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It could happen, try it i say... i mostly use the cream api and wrap around the app itself and it works... but not always. But some games should work :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, i'm very very thankfull for this app, you guys have no idea of how much do i use it, i live in cuba, and is almost no internet access, so this is the only way i can play games like ARK Survival Evolved. Now, after an update of the ark, i haven't been able to open the game, every time i try to open it, in the tinserver pop up a warning saying: WARN : tinserver - Not implemented/available : /patchs/ARK.

so, also, when the game is starting this shows up:
DEBUG : Loading D:\Games\ARK\TINserver Listo ARK\data\Content\3\appmanifest_346110.acfERROR : Error while mounting acf from D:\Games\ARK\TINserver Listo ARK\data\Content\3\appmanifest_346110.acf : Invalid ACF file (Manifest not available for depot 228984 global id 2547553897526095397).

what does it mean, what am i doing wrong?????

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I recommend you that you use the Cream api and Spoof the app id, to 480... your TIN steam will say that you playing with Spacewars, but it will work. You can play, invite, chat on lan ect ect... Also dont use manifest files its just a pain in the butt.. Use the server without acf, steam containers,also do not add to licence list... it is somehow bugged. Patch your ARK, start tin server(But remove ark from the licence list) and separately, login with your cracked steam; start manually the ARK game wich is already patched by you to redirect to appid 480. It might work... (you need original steam_app.dll's too... read cream_api readme and docs how to patch your game)

I cannot guarantee anything but it might just work... if not, then i cannot help you with.. also there is no guarantee to newer games/updates will work with this, so if not working you might will need to revert to the prevoius version.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok, i figure it out, but now i have a new problem. What was really happening, is that in tinserver.ini, there is this line:

[TINserver/licensedPackages]
; Licensed packages0=Steam

AND OBVIOUSELY i have to add ark's id:
346110=ark

Now, if i just let it there, the game will work properly, but when i try to start dedicated server with only those lines:
[TINserver/licensedPackages]; Licensed packages0=Steam346110=ark

the server wont work properly and will start with 0/0 abviable players.

but if i add this:177618=lic
so that it would be:

[TINserver/licensedPackages]; Licensed packages0=Steam346110=ark 177618=lic

then the server wil work just fine, but the game won't open!!!! I used that "177618=lic" line cause a friend told me to, so i don't even know what it does, and when i go to steam database, no app for that id and eather in pkgInfoNames.ini where id is "177618 = [NOT IN STORE]". So, please help me, i don't want to have two tinservers running in my computer.

PD: I live in cuba, so maeby i can't get online that offen, that's why i want so hard to play this cracked, cause is imposible to me to get online to any existing server

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but if you are checking the main part of the thread, this is not about making X or Y game work with this. This forum is not what is for... this is game specific thing... sorry... There is forums for your problem to fix this issue. Check around google...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello. How do you add games to actually show up or be launched from the game library in the client?Ive added it to /data/content/3/common folder along with the manifests and acf file and it doesnt let me launch from the client.Do I have to add it to the main /client/steamapps/common folder instead?

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not enough just copy to the right place, you have to add the subscriptions in the server's ini file too... you need to check the steamappid database for stub id... but it wont work well.. you need an appid spoofer for it..

Subscriptions are applying for all clients who is connecting to you...

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Not enough just copy to the right place, you have to add the subscriptions in the server's ini file too... you need to check the steamappid database for stub id... but it wont work well.. you need an appid spoofer for it..

Subscriptions are applying for all clients who is connecting to you...

Got it. Thanks.
Question: With Steam's new UI coming soon, will TINServer even still work? Or can we get some programmers to update it/maintain it?

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea... well see if steamcooker will update it or not...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea... well see if steamcooker will update it or not...
I spoke to him already about it...it doesn't look too promising. There's a lot of stuff to code when Steam updates it's UI.
That's why if we can have someone else code it or start a project similar to TINServer would be best idea

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how can i fix the error:client management server of TinServer.
The videogame The Forest dont let me create lobby inside the game cause it launch me that error

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Since the new steam client has arrived i dont know what is working and what not. Since that is not supported(The new with shelf and new look) So gond knows what else is changed...

Also i did tryed the new client, it is working sort of but for friend system you will need to update the package itself..(I mean the client) the shelf and other new stuff will NOT work.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello, what is a sentry file? when i'm runing the _run_me_first.cmd will say, loggin error, sentry file needed

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hello, what is a sentry file? when i'm runing the _run_me_first.cmd will say, loggin error, sentry file needed

Did you created a steam account for run me first, firstly? Also in first login you need to verify your new account...

You need to verify your login to steam. (Two factor authentication) After that - if i know well and i am not telling something incredibly stupid - it will create that sentry file... :\ If i know correctly it needs becouse sentry file will allow you to use the acc without logging in every time...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
some way to add the achievement system or other feature? everything else works well

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I dont know, it should work when you are updating the manifest database... :\ it not neceserraly implemented though... It could be a missing feature... :\

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
after update the tinserver and confiogure all just right, i get stuck on client wen trying login in:Updating User Configuration...what i am missing please help ?.PD: the server console says: 2020/08/12 10:38:42 - ERROR : Unavailable requested service : RemoteClient version 1

also the server console says: 2020/08/12 10:38:42 - ERROR : Unavailable requested service : RemoteClient version 1

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@reymanic it is possible that the new client in the future will not be compatible with this anymore; since the author is not updating it... and because of the new shelfUI-system update is basicly not entirely compatible, its less and less compatible in each relase and update.... if anyone fiddling around with this still and knows a solution tell us pls!

Or if the programmer of this is reading this, please consider it to relase the code to the public, since there is an intrest towards it! Since you are not updating it...

Thanks.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks man for the answer, at least i know i did all fine,
i really hope that the guy that program this great tool make some updates to the tinserver and client any time soon,
i am trying to play Rust game which i own, but cant play in LAN, it has to be conected to steam always, cuase the stupid drm protection from steam.

thanks again man.

Back