Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Warhammer Online Emulator + Src

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can I've a short and fast explanation about what this is all about here?
I'm a bit confused. Was someone able to put his/her hands on warhammer source code for the server and or client?
Bit lost lol.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
that one is the old dorproject but that is the most recent one this cite :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can I've a short and fast explanation about what this is all about here?
I'm a bit confused. Was someone able to put his/her hands on warhammer source code for the server and or client?
Bit lost lol.

The client is already there, you don't need the source code. All you need is some reverse engineering and programming skills with some knowledge in packet structures in order to make a server that communicates with the client.

All we have here is alpha emulator that works with old version of the game, still lots of features are missing and need more people to develop it

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The client is already there, you don't need the source code. All you need is some reverse engineering and programming skills with some knowledge in packet structures in order to make a server that communicates with the client.

All we have here is alpha emulator that works with old version of the game, still lots of features are missing and need more people to develop it

well said zozooo im jut the db updater of the emulator and the patcher downgrader i made that made it possable to patch any client that was updated but yes we need more guys to help if we gona save war

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Leo remember me its Zena! long time man! you still working on the emulator?
yeh man i remember you lol how u doing m8 u ok yeh still doing bit on the emulator when i have time to do stuff :) bit hard when you working night shifts too :) shame about war thow closing we need something fast to get as much data before it closes :(

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I made a dll based packet logger in c++ and it is working perfectly.

Just need to clean up the code from all the miss and it should be ready to use.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok, the packet logger is ready now.
to run this tool all you need is to unzip the file "PacketLogger.zip" and move the whole folder to Warhammer's main directory
(e.g. ...\Electronic Arts\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\XXX_HERE_XXX)

and then inside PacketLogger folder there is a file called "PacketLogger.exe" , run it while the game is open and it should collect all packets you need.
You will find the stored packets in folder "logs"
("....\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\PacketLogger\logs")

You can filter out the packets you don't need inside "ignorelist.txt"

To stop the tool simply press key [End] , DONT click x it will crash the game

compiled tool for lazy people :p::

and here is the source code :

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
sniffTool - Warhammer Online Emulator + Src - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
ok zozoo did you change the opcodes because they need to be same as they are in the new client or you have logs packets and stuff that arnt usefull the client have changed since 1.3.5
also u need to log the senaros and PQ were the mobs hide untill u do the quests

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok zozoo did you change the opcodes because they need to be same as they are in the new client or you have logs packets and stuff that arnt usefull the client have changed since 1.3.5
also u need to log the senaros and PQ were the mobs hide untill u do the quests

opcodes are still the same. maybe packets structures have changed, but you still can analyze the current packets to get what you need.

here is an example:

Code:
[Server] packet : (0x72) F_CREATE_MONSTER  Size = 107 
|------------------------------------------------|----------------|
|00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F |0123456789ABCDEF|
|------------------------------------------------|----------------|
|00 68 72 0F B1 00 55 03 F7 43 EE 00 06 CF E9 00 |.hr...U..C......|
|02 16 1B 00 00 [COLOR=#ff0000]06 89[/COLOR] 32 0B 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 |.......2........| <- 06 89  model id (1673)
|00 00 00 03 E8 00 00 00 00 B7 CB 00 08 00 00 02 |................|
|18 19 00 45 6E 72 61 67 65 64 20 53 6F 75 6C 5E |...Enraged Soul^|
|66 00 04 CE 01 0A 00 00 00 1A 05 00 0F B1 8F E9 |f...............|
|96 1B 43 EE 64 01 A1 00 00 00 00 00 55 00 00 19 |..C.d.......U...|
|8F 1E 96 EE 43 A1 0F B1 00 00 00                |...........     |
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
from old version 1.3.x

[<F_CREATE_MONSTER>(0x72)<94>]
2C 22 00 00 0C 38 1D 90 00 0C F3 BB 00 0C B0 FE 00 00 04 43   <- 04 43 model id (1019)
45 01 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 03 E8 00 00 00 01 4E 28 00 08 00 00
01 19 00
46 6F 75 6C 20 4E 75 72 67 6C 69 6E 67 5E 6D         <-- name "Foul Nurgling^m"
00 01 0A 00 00 00 12 05 00 2C 22 73 BB 30 FE 1D 90 64 00 64 00 00 00 00 00 38 0C 2C 22 00 00 00

you can use programming calculator in windows to convert hex to dec

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If there is somehow a regular player can help you with all of that just say

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
If there is somehow a regular player can help you with all of that just say

Hey parvun, i'm not really sure where to begin. Maybe start figuring out formulas for stats or copy down all abilities,tactcis descriptions and save for later till some developers wake up and start working on this emulator.

3 months not even enough for full team to make fully functional server, but at least I could work on analyzing packets.

check out my orc it is bigger than yours. This is on live server btw :)
Dufedolker_000 - Warhammer Online Emulator + Src - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Just to want to say, if this gets 99% functional to live servers I will consider looking into running a professional level private server.

Also, if there's a mythic employee reading this, just leak the us the source code please? It's not like it's going to hurt sales since it's shutting down.

Hey parvun, i'm not really sure where to begin. Maybe start figuring out formulas for stats or copy down all abilities,tactcis descriptions and save for later till some developers wake up and start working on this emulator.

3 months not even enough for full team to make fully functional server, but at least I could work on analyzing packets.

check out my orc it is bigger than yours. This is on live server btw :)
View attachment 137241

I worked on an emulated server before. I think the biggest thing is we need to document ALL the packets we can. Once that's done, creating the server should be possible but yes take time.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,
very nice to see that some people still working at this Project. I hope you made it really happened. I would help but my english is to bad i don`t understand how to copy down abilitied tactics and all this things. Maybe this page help ; but i think you need it in another form.
Would it help we made promtion for this project? I mean the official forum from warhammer have no mod at the moment and there we find many people who should be interested in this project. Maybe somebody can post a link to this thread there or is it a bad idea?
I really hope you got all what you need to make this successful
thank you all for your work and time
waaaagh

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
ok, the packet logger is ready now.
to run this tool all you need is to unzip the file "PacketLogger.zip" and move the whole folder to Warhammer's main directory
(e.g. ...\Electronic Arts\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\XXX_HERE_XXX)

and then inside PacketLogger folder there is a file called "PacketLogger.exe" , run it while the game is open and it should collect all packets you need.
You will find the stored packets in folder "logs"
("....\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\PacketLogger\logs")

You can filter out the packets you don't need inside "ignorelist.txt"

To stop the tool simply press key [End] , DONT click x it will crash the game

compiled tool for lazy people :p::

and here is the source code :

THANKS ZOZOOO working nicely m8 but have to analize each f_createmonster and add it manualy to the database the missing spawns from public quests also

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was working on WAR APS (ChuckNorris XD) (Database and some code), the last things I did were:

- Fix Chat Channels (You can´t speak with other realm)
- Fix "PvP" (No RvR zones or Scenarios, but you can kill other characters in Open World)
Gaaaabg - Warhammer Online Emulator + Src - RaGEZONE Forums

- I Looked and started F_ZONEJUMP (Packet for Teleport between maps)

The game died on December 18, I can not help with decryption and assembler because i don't know (I wish I knew).

I can only help database and some code. On November 18 I will play the final month of Warhammer, I'll take the packet sniffer, will trace all areas to get as much information as possible.

Among all something we can do before it disappears the game, we have an emulator made ​​by Dyox (WAR APS) structured, needs many things, but we can do with time. We can continue this emulator

Lasts updates works Aggro, better IA i think.

The first thing we need is to authenticate the emulator with client 1.4.8.

Sorry for my english

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I was working on WAR APS (ChuckNorris XD) (Database and some code), the last things I did were:

- Fix Chat Channels (You can´t speak with other realm)
- Fix "PvP" (No RvR zones or Scenarios, but you can kill other characters in Open World)
Gaaaabg - Warhammer Online Emulator + Src - RaGEZONE Forums

- I Looked and started F_ZONEJUMP (Packet for Teleport between maps)

The game died on December 18, I can not help with decryption and assembler because i don't know (I wish I knew).

I can only help database and some code. On November 18 I will play the final month of Warhammer, I'll take the packet sniffer, will trace all areas to get as much information as possible.

Among all something we can do before it disappears the game, we have an emulator made ​​by Dyox (WAR APS) structured, needs many things, but we can do with time. We can continue this emulator

Lasts updates works Aggro, better IA i think.

The first thing we need is to authenticate the emulator with client 1.4.8.

Sorry for my english
ha there you are was wondering were you gone man im henry the guy who made the downgrader patcher to patch any client and added missing abilitys and othere stuff ect nice to know your still here m8 :) our cite is here

Back