[Webgame] Dao kiem Vo Song2 + Translate tuto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MemberRank
    Sep 2016 Join Date
    16Posts

Re: [Webgame] Dao kiem Vo Song2 + Translate tuto

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Yoyo... I hope anyone can answere me a question about Dao Kiem Vo Song....

How is the movement in Dao Kiem Vo Song...... WASD or mouse movement?
    When I downloaded VanTien I realised that it has mouse movement and doesnt got WASD movement.

Thanks!

MemberRank
    Jul 2017 Join Date
    78Posts

Quote Originally Posted by d3nniL View Post
    Yoyo... I hope anyone can answere me a question about Dao Kiem Vo Song....

How is the movement in Dao Kiem Vo Song...... WASD or mouse movement?
    When I downloaded VanTien I realised that it has mouse movement and doesnt got WASD movement.

Thanks!
    Obviously mouse its a web game...

MemberRank
    Sep 2016 Join Date
    16Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madsea View Post
    Obviously mouse its a web game...
    Ohhh okay.... still thanks for answereing my question.
    And I remember there has been also some web games which use WASD walking.

Offtopic: Anyone knows if "Tân Tiên Kiếm 3D" has WASD walking?

MemberRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    74Posts

it's nice game if it's english, but it's not easy to translate
    need hard work to translate it

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

Looks like a fun project but as it's very similar to VanTien I'll probably stick with that, when I get time to keep working on it :(. Best of luck to whoever works on it.

Also @d3nniL you are correct, web games can use ANY key movement common to PC games in general. They can suffer from some ghosting issues but those are avoidable. So your question was good to ask.
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)
    I am also vasheni at deviantArt.com.

Translating: Van Tien

Will help translate projects, BUT I need working files and set-up instructions to examine mechanics to help translate functionality. As an example, sometimes names of skills in Chinese translate to things like Wind of Upward Cat. Which is obviously not correct. If I can run the game I can give it proper context.

MemberRank
    Sep 2016 Join Date
    16Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fallenfate View Post
    Looks like a fun project but as it's very similar to VanTien I'll probably stick with that, when I get time to keep working on it :(. Best of luck to whoever works on it.

Also @d3nniL you are correct, web games can use ANY key movement common to PC games in general. They can suffer from some ghosting issues but those are avoidable. So your question was good to ask.
    You maybe know some webgame source like those with WASD walking?
    I`m searching for such a webgame with WASD movement to translate.... that would be cool. :)

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,060Posts

Not sure of a specific game with WASD these days, used to be in some Flash games, things like where you control tanks and such. I mostly develop games now and play them less, haha. But if you're wanting to develop a game with WASD it's not hard, you just need to use JavaScript to pick up the key events.

Similar to:

document.addEventListener("keydown", movePlayer);

But you'd obviously need to know which key is pressed, so in your function you'd detect which key it is and bind it to a movement direction, etc. Then you'd need to figure out what rate of movement you want, and detect collisions while moving so if you run into an impassable object like a tree, the movement stops. So there's more to it than just making movement in one direction :).
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)
    I am also vasheni at deviantArt.com.

Translating: Van Tien

Will help translate projects, BUT I need working files and set-up instructions to examine mechanics to help translate functionality. As an example, sometimes names of skills in Chinese translate to things like Wind of Upward Cat. Which is obviously not correct. If I can run the game I can give it proper context.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement