Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

World of Tanks "OLD" Engine

Reaction score
Here is a full working copy of the BigWorld Engine. Its the indie licenced version of the Engine which Wargaming used to create World of Tanks. (Later they switched to Core Engine)

Dont be confused by the Filename. It has nothing to do with Unity. You need 3ds Max or 3ds Maya to work with it. Also there are NO assets for World of Tanks in there (extract them by yourself from game client if you wish to use them). Its just the blank Engine (with a stupid Fantasy game as demo).

People who ask for a Setup or the always stupid Question "Will it work on windows ?": Stop leeching. You will never be able to program anything on this, as it is for professional Content creators. Not for peeps that download anything and change sone stupid Textfiles to run out of the box.
For creating anything with it there are several Youtube tutorials for it.

Just stating: This engine is from 2012, just shortly before Wargaming bought the creators company of the Engine. So its really old but still worth a look sue to very impressive serverload balancing and networking.

Thanks to GFXDomain for releasing these Files.

Downloadlinks:

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
Part 4:

Hope to see anyone recreating WoT or WoWP with it :D:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Engine source has already leaked (4-5 years ago)

Reaction score
Engine source has already leaked (4-5 years ago)

Engine-source and Installationspack of the indie licenced Engine are 2 different things. Sure, you can build the engine with the source, but so you dont have to mess around with the source at all and it installs everything you need (exept 3ds max/maya, which has to be installed BEFORE installation of the engine, so it can set it up for you) including the dependencies.

But thanks for the sources link. :):

Reaction score
I guess we can only dream of that, seems like no one has the source for bigworld 3.0 :/

Even if someone has it, its still just an engine without any working assets. I think its easier to work on engines like unity or unreal. Bigworld is really outdated.

For a WoT-Clone simply rip out the meshes from original client, there is a mesh ripper out there calles "Tank exporter". After that, use the fbx files in unity (or whatever engine you prefer) and start coding. Im actually working on a racing game with the whelled tanks from WoT :D:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Even if someone has it, its still just an engine without any working assets. I think its easier to work on engines like unity or unreal. Bigworld is really outdated.

For a WoT-Clone simply rip out the meshes from original client, there is a mesh ripper out there calles "Tank exporter". After that, use the fbx files in unity (or whatever engine you prefer) and start coding. Im actually working on a racing game with the whelled tanks from WoT :D:

In my case I don't care about the assets from WOT, I care about the Source Code for the engine, assets are easy to get and if you are making your own game then you should have assets. I want the source code for bigworld 3.0 as there a lot of good stuff in that version of the engine that I need, I already have a working game using an older version of the engine and if I can get my hands on Bigworld 3.0 it would save me a lot of time, I'm currently updating the version 2.0.1 to support a few things I need but those things for what I read are already on the version 3.0.

Reaction score
In my case I don't care about the assets from WOT, I care about the Source Code for the engine, assets are easy to get and if you are making your own game then you should have assets. I want the source code for bigworld 3.0 as there a lot of good stuff in that version of the engine that I need, I already have a working game using an older version of the engine and if I can get my hands on Bigworld 3.0 it would save me a lot of time, I'm currently updating the version 2.0.1 to support a few things I need but those things for what I read are already on the version 3.0.

Ah ok. As it cant be found on the net, maybe just ask the creators of the engine if there is a cheap licence model. Here is the email for such questions: caseyg@bigworldtech.com

Back