Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Neverwinter Online Hamachi guide

pax

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a little connection guid with hamachi's vpn program. so please enjoy it becuase it seems as the releaser of this release isen't willing to help anyone on the connection problem that ppl are having so please enjoy this.
-------------------- Hamachi Connection Guid by pax --------------------
So for those out there trying to get your friends to play this release by Flyer8472, this will be a guid on how to connectusing Hamachi VPN program to host for your friends or who ever.So if you did the guid that was posted by Keiko123 you did good on putting the server on localhost. Now what im about to share with you all today is going to make it for your friends to play with you using Hamachi's VPN program for this release so if you liked it then please push that thanks button becuase me and my friend where up all night testing on what to add and what to change as in ip wise. i found out a way to change the ip's to your Hamachi ip so friends can connect + youll be able to use your Hamachi ip aswell.
1.) First thing first read Keiko123 guid that was posted.
2.) Then download hamachi here .) Then register for it as your going to need to sign into your acc to use it
4.) Then click network then push create a network now just make a network name and password
5.) Make sure you remember the password as your going to give it to your friends or who ever
6.) Then go to this directory like the guid from Keiko123 told you to edit the hosts and lmhosts file
7.) then put this
Your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip Here code
Your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip Here code_server
Your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip Here code_game_server
Your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip Here chatsrvr
-------------------- Same for the lmhosts file too so like this --------------------
Your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip Here code
Your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip Here code_server
Your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip Here code_game_server
Your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip Here chatsrvr
8.) Then go to this directory C:\Night\tools\bin and then click on the _0_MCP.bat file
9.) Then once it loads fully and if you havn't yet accept all the fire wall stuff make sure you click both check boxes
10.) Then click the "Bafflingly Complex Mode" button now you should see the whole server stuff that runs
11.) Now your going to want to open up the Shared CmdLine just push the !!! button next to it
12.) Now your going to want to add these lines into there
-SetProductName Night NW -SetShardCategory Live -SetShardName Live -MTCategory Live -controllerHost Your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip Here -SetAccountServer Your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip Here -LogServer Your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip Here -TransactionServer Your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip Here -SetControllerTracker Your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip Here
13.) Now what thats going to do is change the ip's of the accounserver, logserver, controllerhost, ect
14.) Then once you have #13 done click the big N to start all the stuff that the server needs running
15.) make sure you wait for everything to be ready if its not ready then do not click the GameServer button
16.) Then once everything is ready and the GameServer is loaded then your going to want to go to the client folder you'v downloaded
17.) Now open the neverwinter.exe then put your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip in there now make sure you can load into the baldur's gate realm if your able connect to it then your good to go all you need to do now is do one more step which is step 18

18.) Ok now that your able to connect and load the game realm then your going to want to send your friends or who ever to do these steps.
-------------------- This section is for those who have completed step 1-17 ---------------------------------------- And that want to know on how to get friends or who ever to connect --------------------
1.) Ok first off your going to want to give your friends or who ever your hamachi's networkName and password for that network
2.) Then your going to send them to this directory C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc then have them put this in there hosts and lmhosts files
3.)Have them put this
your Hmachi's IPv4 Ip Here and not there Ipv4 ip code
Have them put your Hmachi's IPv4 Ip Here and not there Ipv4 ip code_server
Have them put your Hmachi's IPv4 Ip Here and not there Ipv4 ip code_game_server
Have them put your Hmachi's IPv4 Ip Here and not there Ipv4 ip chatsrvr
-------------------- Same for there lmhosts file --------------------
Have them put your Hmachi's IPv4 Ip Here and not there Ipv4 ip code
Have them put your Hmachi's IPv4 Ip Here and not there Ipv4 ip code_server
Have them put your Hmachi's IPv4 Ip Here and not there Ipv4 ip code_game_server
Have them put your Hmachi's IPv4 Ip Here and not there Ipv4 ip chatsrvr
4.) Then have them open up the neverwinter.exe then make them use Your Hamachi's IPv4 Ip
5.) Then bam they should be able to connect and not get any game link connection error once so ever
6.) Now enjoy gaming with who ever you want to play with

If you enjoyed this tutorial then please push the thanks and then make sure you thank Flyer8472 for this release.Clearly Flyer8472 is not willing to help anyone on changing the ip or help fix the connection problem ppl are having so yea hope you guys and gals enjoyed this tutorial.

Last edited:
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No
cause DNC said we shouldnt make public servers,and i also got lawsuit threats and other bad msg from koreans when i posted my video on youtube of my server,and a sease or desist msg
but its up to you peoples if you wanna deal with it,i ll keep mine closed and private on localhost only

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello. Bear in mind that the guide I provided was done on a whim and is the first guide I ever wrote for anything out there. Since it's a pretty long guide IMHO there surely are things which I overlooked due to my laziness.

Hosting a server via VPN shouldn't be a problem, however opening a site dedicated to the public area would be. If you play it smart you can appease to the general audience if that is your goal.

I'm currently postponing the N-online stuff for the time being, although I'd like to return to fix more things which I left aside.

Last edited:
Back