Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RotMG]How to add Items (Detailed!)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I remember this being a priority to know when I first started to develop RotMG Pservers. I'd like to share my knowledge with you.

Prerequisites
- A mouse and keyboard would be a good start.
- A working source that you can develop on. (Preferably MMOE Source - whatever tickles your fancy)
- Minimal knowledge on how to use Visual Studio or whatever IDE you're using.

Right off the bat, you're going to want to open your addition.xml file, this can be found in db => data => additions.xml
If you're new to the coding scene, it'll all just look like a bunch of gobbledygook. Just ignore what it says and don't get discouraged.

For this example we're going to copy and paste the item "Short Sword".
You'll notice the top line has a thing that says "<Object type="0xa00" id="Short Sword"> the type is the unique identifier of the weapon and the idis the name of the weapon.

The next line down you'll see <Class>Equipment</Class> this is just telling us that it is equipment. If you're just making items, you won't want to change that.

The next few lines are for texture, I'll come on to that later.

The "<SlotType>1</SlotType>" is what class can use the item. There is a reference sheet somewhere, If I can find it, I will post it. If you're making a sword stick with one, otherwise find a staff and copy the slottype from that.

The "<Tier>0</Tier>" is pretty self explanatory, just change it to whatever number you want and put "UT" if you want it to be UT

"<Description>A steel short sword.</Description>" is just the description on the item.

"<RateOfFire>1</RateOfFire>" 0.25 will shoot slower than 0.75 and so on.

<BagType>0</BagType> this is what bag it will drop in. Again, there is a reference sheet somewhere for this, if I find it, i'll post it.

I think I covered everything, if you would like to know something more on a specific thing be sure to post it in the comments

Back