Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUTORIAL] Endless Ages - Server Setup/Database Setup/ETC

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Welcome to Endless ages Server setup guide. This guide is not completed. So, if any of you manage to get past what i have, then feel free to addon to this guide. We can work together on this guide to get this done.

Server Setup Guide Status: Working On

Green: Done
Orange: Working On
Red: Not Working On

• [li]Requirements[/li]

• [li]Windows Server 2003 -
    Visual Studio C++ 2005 -
    Visual Studio Service Pack -
    Daemon Tools -
    ASP.NET Ajax 1.0 -
    Direct X SDK Aug. 2008 -
    IIS -
    Server Files/Web/Database/Etc Download - [/li]

• [li]Database Setup[/li]

[list type=decimal]
[li]Right click Databases>Restore> and type To database, "EARevolution"[/li]

[li]Select from Device, and browse the databases and select the "EARevolution6-16-2010", restore that.[/li]

[li]Right Click Databases>Restore>and type To Database, "ServerNode"[/li]

[li]Select from Device, and browse the databases and select the "ServerNode6-6-2010", and restore that.[/li][/list]

• [li]Database IP Server Changes[/li]

[list type=decimal]
1.dbo.SRV_IPLIST
2.dbo.sysLiveServerNodes
3.dbo.tblServers
4.dbo.tcpservers
[/list]

• [li]Website Setup[/li]

• 1. Install IIS6 Manager, within the Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise

Alternate:
    2. Install Application Server to have iis manager.

but it contains a few errors. Internet Information Services (IIS) resides within Windows Server 2003. To find the Manager utility go to Start > Search > and type 'inetmgr'. Save the link to a shortcut. Here's what it looks like:

Tvirus06 - [TUTORIAL] Endless Ages - Server Setup/Database Setup/ETC - RaGEZONE Forums

Note that in the Application Pools folder I have already placed the ASP.NET 2.0 application. With a new install this is 'default application.'

The first thing to do upon a new website install is to copy all the files into the inetpub\wwwroot folder. In this case it will be the EA Server files.

Tvirus06 - [TUTORIAL] Endless Ages - Server Setup/Database Setup/ETC - RaGEZONE Forums

Now to add your website too IIS right click on Web Site > New > Web Site like this:

Click 'okay' and a wizard will pop up. All of the values here can be left at default until later. Your website should now be functional remotely with any .html index page.

--Possibly can be updated--

---This guide still needs to be worked on. But if one of you ragezoner's manage to figure out how to run this endless ages server. Feel free to message me, or post addons i can add to this guide.--

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Endless Ages - Server Setup/Database Setup/ETC

Sorry to see no progress has been made here. It seems nobody can get together all the necessary elements needed to pull off installing and running EA on their own server. The big stumbling block for me was figuring out how exactly to configure the ASP.Net structure to work with the DB and display the web manager pages, either remotely or locally. I had a number of people "say" they knew all about doing this stuff but in the end they didn't know jack, all they did was copy what progress I made and gave up.

The screen shots above are a good example as they are mine from my old website forums (ENRICOFERMI2-PC). I don't begrudge anyone the use of those, it just gets damn old that nobody is willing to do the work necessary.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i know how to setup the ea server i setup tjs server or helped him set it up soon ill have a ea server up and running again mid nov for now mine will be the only one running bc it takes alot to run ea server and with my dell poweredge 1950 server ill be able to run ea server 24/7

Back