Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial] Neverwinter Online Tutorials by Keiko123

Reaction score
So hoping someone could still help out with this. I have 2 machines 1 running the server in a VM of Win7 because thats the only version of windows i seem to be able to have the MCP run well in and the other is a win10 machine running the NWO client both on the same network and router. I am able to setup the server from the guide without issue. I have my host file all pointing at the local ip. I've even disabled the firewall and opened every port i can think of on the server machine. When i launch the client i can connect to login and create accounts and create characters without any issues. However when I start to login to the gameserver i can see it spin up a new zone and load while the clients load bar is filling then it just disconnects and gives me the error "can't create link to gameserver"
As you can see in this picture its spinning up a second gameserver in the top right
OeMziFl - [Tutorial] Neverwinter Online Tutorials by Keiko123 - RaGEZONE Forums

Here ya can see if failed to setup a link for some reason but the only real error I can see is "Unaccounted For" message that isn't really a error that shows up in any logs and doesn't really reference whats the issue.
rylPXWG - [Tutorial] Neverwinter Online Tutorials by Keiko123 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
So hoping someone could still help out with this. I have 2 machines 1 running the server in a VM of Win7 because thats the only version of windows i seem to be able to have the MCP run well in and the other is a win10 machine running the NWO client both on the same network and router. I am able to setup the server from the guide without issue. I have my host file all pointing at the local ip. I've even disabled the firewall and opened every port i can think of on the server machine. When i launch the client i can connect to login and create accounts and create characters without any issues. However when I start to login to the gameserver i can see it spin up a new zone and load while the clients load bar is filling then it just disconnects and gives me the error "can't create link to gameserver"
As you can see in this picture its spinning up a second gameserver in the top right
OeMziFl - [Tutorial] Neverwinter Online Tutorials by Keiko123 - RaGEZONE Forums

Here ya can see if failed to setup a link for some reason but the only real error I can see is "Unaccounted For" message that isn't really a error that shows up in any logs and doesn't really reference whats the issue.
rylPXWG - [Tutorial] Neverwinter Online Tutorials by Keiko123 - RaGEZONE Forums

Made some progress found the client throwing a error
Code:
191210 04:31:59 5 Client[0 [NOENT]]: LoginServer link disconnected (192.168.1.107:7001). Reason: socket was shutdown(0:No error) (socket error 0: No error)
191210 04:31:59 6 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GameServer link attempting connect (code_game_server:7355).
however the server on the same lan as my pc has no firewall running and i opened the ports listed with no change.

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi im in the step where i need to run the mcp.bat but when i run it it says failed to load gimmeDLL.dll. and all the other proccess keep in waiting state loading like forever here a image im using windows 10 64 bits,any idea whats going on?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How to repair Zen store ?
How to set up GM?
How to edit character attributes?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello there. Since source was released, is here exist any unpacking/dumping tool? Or smth like that. To extract packed game files, so to modify/get/insert your own models/textures/etc/etc?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
" " works for Cryptic's "Star Trek Online". "Neverwinter" is also a Cryptic Game with the same game engine. Try this.

" " Copyright (c) 2012 Rick (rick 'at' gibbed 'dot' us)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah, I already googled it and tried. Nothing works, Ravioli's tools are unable to open that.
1) While trying to open .hogg file it says Non-negative number required. Parameter name: count
2)
While trying to open .wtex file (unpacked from .hogg) it literally not appear in the search window with All supported types... search option

As well I googled and searched source a lot: I tried to use Noesis, but it unable to open this too_Okay, I did not give up and googled more. Found a tool called "Wtex2DDS". It worked, indeed. It converted almost every .wtex file to a .dds one with additional .hed file. But there is a thing: It's totally wrong .dds format, unable to be opened anywhere. Only the ones which are just plain images (seems like targa or even png/jpg) able to be opened.

I also found a way to convert it via quickbms script. Refuses to work too. Okay, last point for me:

I searched in official documents with hope that I can find a tool here or smth like that.
I found some info about TexOptEditor in official PDF documentation. Yeah, indeed it was official tool from Cryptic to convert .dds/.tga to .wtex

I searched for it everywhere, found only source code of that. But my visual studio (I have both 2010 and 2019) refuses to compile.

Code:
[I]1>structparser(1): error S0000: (StructParser) VS2010 configured incorrectly: VS2010 SP1 not installed (cl.exe version too old: 10.0.30319.1).[/I]

I literally spent ~30 hours w/o sleep for that. And about to give up.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
But my visual studio (I have both 2010 and 2019) refuses to compile.

Code:
[B][I]VS2010 configured incorrectly: VS2010 SP1 not installed.[/I][/B]

Install the VS 2010 Servicepack 1 (SP1) and download the VS 2008 Trial you need 2 files from VS2008 "mspft80.dll" and "mspdb80.dll".

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well, thanks. I gonna try (Obv after reinstalling windows). Coz for now I sure I'll be unable to install VS 2008. (Had this problem while installing VS2010 as I told before, I have it)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello) In 2019 server worked fine. Now, i try to start it again on win10, and fail... Anybody, pls, upload this dam GimmeDL.DLL! There are no GimmeDLL.dll inD:\GAMES\Never\src\Utilities\GimmeDLL
P.s. i re-downloaded file from links above. And there are no this dll ((

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Neverwinter Online server has issues with Windows 10's recent updates. Just make a Windows 7 VMWare and have the server run from there. Client should still run fine in Windows 10.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anybody knows commands for currencies like diamonds, tokens etc?
In the object db (you hit monitor on your bafflingly complex mode) then click monitor on the object db line go over to entitiy player

Zen is listed under "NeverwinterChain" under "Ppermissionsonmostrecentlogin" "List" section or just use ctrl+f for NeverwinterChain
reward modifiers are listed under "Earewardmods"
Gold is under the name "Resources" inside the Pplitebags table

Astral diamonds is under the name " Astral_Diamonds" in the same table along with "Invocation_Ardent" (ardent coin) and "Invocation_Celestial" (celestial coin)

tokens depends on the tokens but you can get those too. in game by using the admin account or temp flagging your account as admin and issuing "giveitem seal" but instead of hitting enter press ctrl + alt to see a list and then use page up and down to scroll that list too many for me to list all here but be careful some will drop into your bag instead and break a bag you only use this command to get the name of the seal then you can find it in the same page as the asteral diamonds but use ctrl+f and find the seal you want increasing

i know you asked a while ago but im leaving this here so people might have a chance at getting some use out of it in the future via google :D

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi! i believe the server files are taken down. does somebody have a link? the client is still downloadable.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here's a reupload of most of the available Neverwinter Online files.

SERVER
CLIENT

SOURCE

ADDONS

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello maybe you can upload the gimmeDLL.dll ?
gimmeDLL.dll is not required to run the server I believe it's only for the live patcher and iirc it's only able to be compiled from source (based off an old post I read on here)

Edit: yes you can compile it inside C:\Src\GimmeDLL using the sln file however it again is not needed to launch the server only if you are trying to run the parts that require live patching

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi! I can't find any solution for my problem.. When i choose character the map is loading, but after while it disconnects me and console shows this message and closes itself shortly:
1693427231717 - [Tutorial] Neverwinter Online Tutorials by Keiko123 - RaGEZONE Forums

Any ideas what can cause it? I run server on windows 7 virtual machine and client on my pc. The game loaded only once, the first character on account with id 1.

Thanks

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi! I can't find any solution for my problem.. When i choose character the map is loading, but after while it disconnects me and console shows this message and closes itself shortly:
View attachment 241050

Any ideas what can cause it? I run server on windows 7 virtual machine and client on my pc. The game loaded only once, the first character on account with id 1.

Thanks
yep that issue if i remember correctly is because you need to rebin the.. damn i forget the name of the bat one sec

okay so i checked my notes and it can be caused by two things basically it needs to sync the things for the events.

all bats mentioned are in c:/night/tools/bin

first run _1_Make_Schema.bat

let that bat finish fully

now run _3_MakeBinsAndExit_Server

that should* fix your issue if that does not try to make a new character on the account affected and login to it and leave that character on the starting map (this is the unstuck fix) however reading my notes that output means modified file mismatch for events serverside.

hope this helps

Back