Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUTORIAL] How to set up a semi-working CrossFire Emulator Server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

This is an emulator written in C# made by JohnFrost/CrazyFrost. If you go to the other thread with 50k views you will see that these look similar, but these are the newer version and I actually got these to work unlike the ones that Mega released. You will need to run an Apache (WAMP/XAMPP) server and place a version.ini:
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL THE FILES YOU MODIFY!

Code:
[VERSION]LatestVersion = 1172
MinimalVersion= 1120
OwnVersion = 6

[DOWNLOAD]
server1 = http://cfpatch.z8games.com/download/

[SERVER]
COUNT = 1
IP1 =127.0.0.1
PORT1 =13008

[HGW]
PORT=16666
SERVER1=67.210.208.161
SERVER2=67.210.208.163
POD1=50
POD2=50

Upload that to your www folder. Also, edit the version.ini in your CF folder to the one I provided above.

Go to your CF folder again and edit localinfo.dat and put this in it:
Code:
[URL]
VersionUrl=http://localhost/version.ini

Now go to your browser and go to if you see a file with the file contents above, you may now open the .zip file you just downloaded and open the following .exe:

Code:
C:\-SNIP-\C# Server files\JF_CF_GameServer\JF_CF_GameServer\bin\Debug\JF_CF_GameServer.exe
C:\-SNIP-\C# Server files\JF_CF_LoginSERVER\JF_CF_LoginSERVER\bin\Debug\JF_CF_LoginServer.exe

You should have the question marks shown on a Command Prompt window (since the letters are Russian, unless you have a Russian Windows it will not show the text.

NOW, final step:
Open up your CrossFire, click start (don't use the provided Launcher) and just go to CrossFire how you normally would. Login with any username/password (admin:admin) and check it all out!

SCREENSHOTS:
usE8u1X - [TUTORIAL] How to set up a semi-working CrossFire Emulator Server - RaGEZONE Forums

dZamHes - [TUTORIAL] How to set up a semi-working CrossFire Emulator Server - RaGEZONE Forums

qIVExXy - [TUTORIAL] How to set up a semi-working CrossFire Emulator Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE] CrazyFrost's CrossFire SERVER FILES

any screenshot ?? :blushing:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE] CrazyFrost's CrossFire SERVER FILES

Not yet, I am trying to find the right client to use. I think you need to use a Russian client as the NA one does not work and gives an Xtrap error. Note that this is an emulator, it's not complete but I believe you can play in the training room and make rooms. This is just an example, if you are expecting to start a private server with these files, please make sure to buy a rope and a chair.

This is the farthest I saw an emulator achieve btw.

EDIT:
I got this working in N/A version, had to tweak the version.ini and local file. It logs in and works as expected, but like I said it's static and you can't even go to the training room. It's far from being usable, and is just a show off to your "friends".

EDIT 2:
Added a short and small tutorial and screenshots and more info on the original post!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE] [TUTORIAL] CrossFire SERVER FILES Emulator

Client?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE] [TUTORIAL] CrossFire SERVER FILES Emulator

Latest North American client will work with this.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Zerocf files from joep are farther...
Not really, inside of these, CrazyFrost already coded in the ZP and GP and EXP amount and you can change it easily while ZeroCF still just plainly output packets and you can't really change them very easily. I would say that it's pretty close but neither are close to ever being playable..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Again, for the 120945235th time you don't need a database with this. This is just an emulator noobs.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You need to install WAMP first, Google "how to set up WAMP" and then put the version.ini in the www folder.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@raskocrew98 I just gave you a Ducking tutorial, damn. ahmedhafez I don't know, it might or it might now. Honestly, I think it should as it's the same game with different weapons and language and somewhat a little bit different features. Try it out and tell me if it works!

Back