• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Useful resources for peoples new to emulating

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEy i has custom title^_^
Reaction score
As there still isnt topic that actually guides new peoples to these daily asked questions lets create one by adding all tutorials from all over internet in this one topic.

Emulator:
The 'bible of emulating' contains a lot information on how the emulators actually work how should you start making one and everything beyond that.
by Corillia

Packets:
Even though this is more of a tutorial to 'packet hacking' its still very good resource when it comes to reversing and analyzing packet.
by g3nuin3 & hunter

Guide on how to analyze packets.
by zarut

Reversing:
I created this guide yesterday so if someone can proof read it, would be happy. Its pretty much step by step on how to find encryption function and how to reverse it into code.
by zarut

Step by step guide on how to find decryption function and how to reverse it into code.
by zarut

Cryptography:
Information about explains everything how encryptions work and came to be.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dump, added new reversing guide by me, teaches you how to find encryption and how to reverse it step by step.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
omg thank you very much, i've been looking for this kind guides!

Reaction score
Dump with two new tutorials, one for reversing the decryption & Encrypt key and one for analyzing the packet, though the analyzing tutorial seems little dull for new peoples as i been doing this for quite sometime its pretty clear to me. I can try make it more newbie friendly if requested.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think they're really newb-friendly. One thing though, I've ran in to games, that after the "intermodular calls", that have no winsock send calls (ie: trickster online)

What would we do in that situation?

Reaction score
I think they're really newb-friendly. One thing though, I've ran in to games, that after the "intermodular calls", that have no winsock send calls (ie: trickster online)

What would we do in that situation?

if you have command line plugin for olly (should be default plugin)
you can try just pressing ALT + F1 and type bp send and see if that works

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can i make emulator for fifa online2?official server is bad now and always get dc it will die soon>..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
My English is not very good but this tutorial is very good

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good info here.

Would be cool if someone could write how to organize emulator.

Just split everything in logical classes/modules/whatever.

This is something that can't be generalized in detail too much as games work differently. Especially stuff like map/area handling, which probably are the most challenging parts of the emulator anyway. Some are divided to small maps, some have one large world, some create instances of maps for smaller groups and some might be a combination of these.

If I ever write an emulator, I'll try to keep some kind of log of the design and implementation and document it well.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
can you make a guide on how to steal server files xD

Coxiez
Banned
Reaction score
i am not emulator and dont Know about C++ but im sure this tutorial will help me alot to make emulator and how he use!

Thank you!

100/10

Please sticky this file incase of lost file :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The last two links arn't working anymore. Is it possible to fix them? I would really appreciate it!

And thanks for posting :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for taking time in making these tutorials. Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back