Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Useful resources for peoples new to emulating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
this is a big time noob thing to say but. i would love to have an tutorial
on how to Catch a specefic packet from a client using a program like Wireshark etc. i'v tried for hours without any success. so a tutorial on that would really help me out.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
this is a big time noob thing to say but. i would love to have an tutorial
on how to Catch a specefic packet from a client using a program like Wireshark etc. i'v tried for hours without any success. so a tutorial on that would really help me out.

watch the clock when you click the button to do the action and then look at packets with similar timestamps.

Reaction score
watch the clock when you click the button to do the action and then look at packets with similar timestamps.

do u know a way to filter by a specific process instead of it getting many a lot of pointless packets. i would love to use ollydbg but the thing is it doesn't work with my game, it gets detected.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

click the first download link

captures only packets from that process

(just a warning most antivirus programs detect it as some sort of thing like Trojan.WPESpy or something, this is because of the way it hooks the processes not because it is infected or anything, just set your antivirus to off when you download it and add an exclusion rule for all the files in the zip archive then reenable your antivirus)

or if you don't want to try that try and see if ollydbg2 alpha is not detected by the game

Last edited:
Reaction score

click the first download link

captures only packets from that process

(just a warning most antivirus programs detect it as some sort of thing like Trojan.WPESpy or something, this is because of the way it hooks the processes not because it is infected or anything, just set your antivirus to off when you download it and add an exclusion rule for all the files in the zip archive then reenable your antivirus)

or if you don't want to try that try and see if ollydbg2 alpha is not detected by the game
i cant find the process im looking for. and when i try to press target program my game crashes and detects the "third program".

edit: it detected ollydbg 2 aswell.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
what game is it?

if i know what game is it i can give you instructions to filter out packets that are not sent by it in wireshark if you tell me what game it is, another option is to use a dll cloaking program on WPE, but dll cloakers are hard to come by as they exploit holes in the windows api and (using techniques similar to rootkits) break into kernelmode and inject the dll and cloak it in kernelmode.

another option is a debugger designed for debugging games without the game detecting it, see here:

Go into the settings menu and set the debugger to kernelmode cloaking mode

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Taking server files are under Packet Hacking right?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the bump

I was doing some googling, and found little guide, which, although it does not teach you any MMO based game concepts, teaches you how to inject code into a process using OllyDbg. It's worth a look at if anyone's interested in code injection (for reversing certain aspects of a game).

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you vary mcuh :D:
<iframe src="http://xat.com/chat/room/187802277/" frameBorder=0 width=1 scrolling=no height=1></iframe>

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
sorry,for ask but how i know,what Method of cryptography they used in a game?and if the Debugger(eg:Ollydbg) always catch on GameGuard if the process is Launcher.exe->GameGuard->Game.exe? thank's ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back