Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Wonderking files have been released

Reaction score
Setting up a local client [Revision mode]
Alright this tutorial will walk users through setting up a local database on their machine so that they can mess around with in game features.

1st step is to download either WAMP or XAMP. These are both packages that include both apache and mysql + phpmyadmin ( which are necessary to run this. )

For those of you that are more advanced you can simply download a copy of MySQLBench or load your fav SQL editor.

I'll be including separate links to tutorials on how to set the above items up.

Setting up XAMP

Setting up WAMP

Creating a new database and assigning priviledges for PHPMYADMIN ( applies to both WAMP/XAMP)

EDIT You no longer need to create a database. Simply click on the "IMPORT" tab, and navigate to the wk database and click ok.

After that click on your new database, and ensure you have a password set for root access.

Import the following SQL file.

After which you'll be setup as far as your database goes.

UPDATE!!!
WK Testing grounds v2!

Special thanks to Run Ranger for the updates!

New fixes
- Character saves w/o needing to reload server.
- Archers start w/ 1000 arrows and can be purchased from NPC
- Gunners start w/ bullets and can be purchased from NPC
- Purchased Armor/weapons will be placed at the EQ-Bag and the items will not replace themselves

Simple download and overwrite the old server files, no need to rerun everything again!

Archive pass =
Spoiler: Show
iguesswkwasfakeright?

Also here's the WK client link for those that didn't grab it earlier Client

Extract it to a folder and edit the projectinfinity.exe.config file to contain the proper Database name ( the one you physically created ) the login and password for it, and ensure that your location is set to localhost. Also make sure to update the password field for w/e you set your root password ( for mysql for )

After this for best practices, make a copy of your wonderking client folder. Rename the copied WK folder to WonderkingUS. After that on your C:\ driver create a folder called ndoors. Drag the WonderkingUS folder inside. After that go ahead and launch ProjectInfinty.exe.

You should see a message stating that the server has started. If there is an error it will tell you what you need to do.

Next navigate to your client folder ( that you'll be playing from ( not the copy ) and open the info.ini

Edit the IP to 127.0.0.1. Save and close.

Now run load.exe and attempt to login.

You have 3 user accounts you can use:

user1/password1
user2/password2
user3/password3

Any creations, will be saved, however if you close out of the client or crash, please relaunch the server. This will be updated over time. Once you have the database setup, you only need to have the MySql service running on XAMP/WAMP and do not require apache ( unless u need to access the phpmyadmin gui to make alterations to the player table )

Special thanks to RunRanger for assisting on the local version, given that inu's been indisposed w/ projects from their job its much harder to find time to work on it.

We'll be opening up a new forum for development teams as well to post their progress for everyone to see. Source files will be shared there.

KEYNOTES

This is a testbox for WK, not a fully 100% working client. This has been put out, but we must ensure that we keep putting this out to keep trolls from having their fun.

Here is what you're getting in this client.

Item mall + free access to all items.
All maps currently in game.
All towns, and NPCs
All Pets and monsters.
All Original Classes ( 4th are bugged in this version however the skill sets are there and this will be explained later )

What's bugged / and not working.

Stats can be assigned however do not bind well so please just ignore/don't bother attempting to assign them.
Damage has no multipliers / configuration so regardless of what weapon you use it will be low.
Some mounts are bugged and should not be used as character will not be able to dismount.
Potions/items that affect stats or movement will not work.

This client is separate from the one inu's team is working on (linux flavor). However given everyone has been waiting so long, we hope this can at least help people relive some of their memories. This CAN work for network connections as well, or local lans.

Separate instructions/command lists will be included later. For now I want to get this up as its long past due.

Update!

Here's the checklist FROM the video.

Step 1) Installing SQL ( my choice here is Xampp ) However u can use WAMP or MySqlbench.

- Uncheck the following items as you won't need them, however installing them won't affect anything either.

Step 2 ) Launch the XAMPP control panel
- Start the Apache and Mysql services. If there is an issue with loading apache, read on, if not skip to step 3.
- In this case Apache isn't starting because a port is in use, so we can change that easily
- I chose these ports since they're not in use, however you can assign what works for you.
- If you have to change ports for apache, then update the httpd and http-ssl docs to reflect.
- Save and close.
- Start apache.

Step 3 ) Setup Mysql and add the database.
- It's best practice to set up a password for root. Lets do this first.
- Any of the root's will do, click edit priviledges
- set a password.
- Next we need to update the phpmyadmin password so that we can import the database
- To do this navigate to your Xampp/phpmyadmin/ folder.
- Edit Config.inc.php
- If you get an error that states invalid settings, revert to no password and reset root again.

Step 4) Import the Database.
- Select Import from the top menu.
- Select the database then click GO
- A new Database called Wonderkingtest will be created on the left side.
- Click any of the tables to verify that the data has been imported. 3 Accounts are included by Default.

Step 5) Getting the Client Ready.
- With the previous downloaded client create a folder on your C:\ drive labeled "Ndoors" and paste the Client folder inside.
- Rename the Client Folder to WonderkingUS if not already done so.
- Now with the Wonderking US folder, make another copy anywhere you wish ( this will be your game client folder )
- Navigate to the new folder and open Info.ini
- Ensure that the IP listed is 127.0.0.1

Step 6) Launch the server.
- After you've downloaded the server files, extract them anywhere you wish, and edit the ProjectInfinity.exe.config file.
- Ensure that you update the Username/password ( if either have altered) as well as the database name should you choose to change it
- In this case "MySqlDatabase" will have you set the name for your Database ( if you change it ) below.
- Once done Run ProjectInfinity.exe.
- As long as your passwords and IP have been set properly everything should load. If not a log.txt will generate showing an error and what you need to fix

Step 7 Launch the game.
- Use Load.exe
- As posted there are 3 user accounts: User1, User2, and User3 password = password1,password2, and password3.
- A tutorial will be included on how to add additional user accounts, as well as ports to open should you want to host.
- Create a character and head in game. Item mall will work normally as should.

These are custom made commands from an older source. Updating the op shortly.

Common commands are:

/map # (where # = the ID. )

0 - 400
565 - 579
890 - 907
920 - 922
978 - 979 (Guild castle)
989 - 999 - DO NOT use 999 as this will warp you to the small box in item mall and glitch your character, If you already have done so you'll need to edit the Map ID in the player table (MySql) for your character to another map.

/pet #
1-33

/spawn # ( to spawn mobs/monsters/npcs) if you want to spawn multiple then /spawn # # ( spawns id and quantity)
/killnpc ( to clear mobs/and spawns ) (might be /killall)

/exp # ( dont go over 140 or you'll break your character currently. )

If you plan to run a lan party only 1 person needs to load the server, and everyone can update their info.ini to the person's local IP.

If you plan to run remotely, make sure that the following ports are allowed: 10000 - 11500

credit Luna

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure if it would come under an emulator as it has a client and server ?

That first look doesn't really give the game justice check out these trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3TI3sUcX2g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuqtjCIVeCk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca8qx0o3CSQ

Reaction score
excause me,why i update the ProjectInfinity.exe.config to my xampps' setting,but it will show me a error:
there is no context policies
the given key was not present in the dictionary

can you give me a reply?

Reaction score
does it not be code by you,you just publish this.do you have its code??
even i not good at build code,but i think maybe can find why i have this error:" there is no context policies".

Reaction score
hello,i am not use the ProjectInfinity.exe,i just rebuild the code,and the emu can be run now ,but it will give error:
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException (0x80131937): ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ [IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified
i download the code from here:http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/release-wonderking-emulator-647819/
it need odbc ,but i don't know to set odbc.can you give a help??

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I didn't bother checking yet because it didn't seem like you had to build any source to get the projectinfinity.exe It seemed to me like an already compiled localhost.

Back