Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Black Desert: How do I set up a private server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello!

So I created this thread, where I was asking for a emulator for Black Desert Online: http://forum.ragezone.com/f861/black-desert-enulator-server-files-1123923/

I was given this link to a working emulator: , yet I don't really know what to do with the files.

I'd be really happy if someone could make a BRIEF tutorial on how to use those files there.

Thanks!

Reaction score
@TwuTu at first ,you need to build the emu project ,open the .sln file in BlackDesertEmu folder,maybe you need vs 2012 or 2015,i just use 2015.
2nd you need to fix some setting in the files: WorldServer.exe.config LoginServer.exe.config ,which you will find them in the build-out folder(maybe is Debug),suit them to your mysql's infomation.
3rd,run mysql ,and loginserver.exe worldserver.exe,another thing is you need a launcher.
4th,put launcher into client folder and run it ,if no other bug,you can run it and log in.

sory for my bad english and poor tutorial.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
TwuTu at first ,you need to build the emu project ,open the .sln file in BlackDesertEmu folder,maybe you need vs 2012 or 2015,i just use 2015.
2nd you need to fix some setting in the files: WorldServer.exe.config LoginServer.exe.config ,which you will find them in the build-out folder(maybe is Debug),suit them to your mysql's infomation.
3rd,run mysql ,and loginserver.exe worldserver.exe,another thing is you need a launcher.
4th,put launcher into client folder and run it ,if no other bug,you can run it and log in.

sory for my bad english and poor tutorial.

Hey thanks!

So this also works with these server files?:

And where do I get a matching client/launcher from? In the server files I got there from github.com, there is no launcher or client. Would you share any links with me, that'd be pretty nice!!

Thanks alot for the tutorial though. I asked for a brief tutorial and I got one :D

Your English is fine, so no problem!

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Hey thanks!

So this also works with these server files?:

And where do I get a matching client/launcher from? In the server files I got there from github.com, there is no launcher or client. Would you share any links with me, that'd be pretty nice!!

Thanks alot for the tutorial though. I asked for a brief tutorial and I got one :D

Your English is fine, so no problem!

look at the github page :Supported regions & clients: EU/NA v97,so you need to find it on offical website.
but the launcher,sorry.i have many emu and launcher and client ,but they all have some problems.
so i have no the suit launcher.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
look at the github page :Supported regions & clients: EU/NA v97,so you need to find it on offical website.
but the launcher,sorry.i have many emu and launcher and client ,but they all have some problems.
so i have no the suit launcher.
Which launcher do you use? The official?

And I do have the official client, but is it also EU v.97?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Which launcher do you use? The official?

And I do have the official client, but is it also EU v.97?

i don't know which client do you use,i just use that torrent.i have 3 torrent file but only one can doanload.
some emu support cbt2 client,maybe youcan find it on web .
and launcher is not suit to client,so i didn't log into game.sorry.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
That project was discontinued ~1 year ago they are still very much incomplete. You would have to download the old client but with many features missing there is no point. It would be in the best interest of the community to pick up those files and continue development.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That project was discontinued ~1 year ago they are still very much incomplete. You would have to download the old client but with many features missing there is no point. It would be in the best interest of the community to pick up those files and continue development.

Well that's unfortunate.

I have tried to find a suitable client/launcher, but I couldn't find any.

Where'd you get the client/launcher from? T.T

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Well that's unfortunate.

I have tried to find a suitable client/launcher, but I couldn't find any.

Where'd you get the client/launcher from? T.T

Honestly unless you plan on developing it don't waste your time. It is far from complete all you can do is create characters, walk around and chat. When I had this running it was with the latest client that was available at the time of development. Also worth noting it only supports local connections so even if you had it running no one else can connect.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Honestly unless you plan on developing it don't waste your time. It is far from complete all you can do is create characters, walk around and chat. When I had this running it was with the latest client that was available at the time of development. Also worth noting it only supports local connections so even if you had it running no one else can connect.

Mhh kay. That's sad. I was really looking forward to an emulator to create my own server and sandbox a little.

So apparently there is literally no working emulator.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Mhh kay. That's sad. I was really looking forward to an emulator to create my own server and sandbox a little.

So apparently there is literally no working emulator.

Correct - Unless a group of people wish to continue with the emulator that was started which would be a good thing but I can't see it happening. The open source emulator development community is pretty much dead.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I successfully compiled the (Login & World) Server but where can i find the MySQL file?

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
My small dev team is also looking for an old client of this game.

Any mirror or link to official would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To get this server files working you have to get the packet encryption working. The encryption that is in that files is outdated af.

Upvote 0
Back