Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Building a Gaming Computer

Reaction score
Hi,

I didn't know where post this, hope it's in the right section.
Hi,

This is my first time building a gaming computer and before i get started i need to know a few things.

I've watched several videos and just need a decent gaming computer to play some GTA 5 with quality game play.
Mainly, I want to play it for LSPDFR because it's honestly so sick, so that brings me to my first question as i don't have a lot of money to spend.

1) Can i use a old computer tower that works but is probably 10 years old? (I don't want to buy a computer case as that'll set me back about $70)

2) I've watched a few videos but what is everything that I will need? I currently have the following list of things i'd need , is there something i don't need or do need?

- Ram Sticks
- New CPU
- Graphics Card
- Hard Drive or SSD
- Power Supply (I probably need a new one, because it's probably not best to use the one that's already in it?
- Motherboard (Should i get a new one or use the existing one, because if i buy a new one might as well buy a computer case - which is what i don't want to do!)

Thank you in advance.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you want to play video games that you don't have a lot of money you can always rent one of these by the month or by the hour and they're powerful gaming computers you can get 60fps through parsec

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You should post which CPU/Motherboard you have frist of all, if your motherboard it's too old it might not have PCI Express (you can't install the GPU), and if the CPU is too old it might bottleneck your graphics card that you decide to buy.

A good option, if you can't or don't wish to spend on a new pc, is buying something like this : and adding a graphics card, you can also upgrade the ram to 16gb, and maybe add a 120/240gb SSD for the boot drive.

Depends on where you are, as the shipping cost for that one is quite high if you're outside US, and it might not even be worth it.

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i will go to MSI i don't even use intel you can't upgrade it its better use MSI for gaming for small budget

Upvote 0
Back