Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Combat Arms] Remove walking/strafe effect from REZ (Client-Side)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a programmer
Reaction score
Hello, I keep getting motion sickness when playing combat arms or any fps.
I was wondering if anyone knows how to disable the effect of the screen/character+gun moving up and down while walking (strafe), client-side only with rez editing?

Last edited:
Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Re: [Combat Arms] Remove walking/strafe effect from WZ (Client-Side)

Does this have to do with your own private server, or are you asking this because you want an unfair advantage over other players on an existing server (including the official Combat Arms)?

Upvote 0
not a programmer
Reaction score

Does this have to do with your own private server, or are you asking this because you want an unfair advantage over other players on an existing server (including the official Combat Arms)?
I want this for the official server though it won't give any advantages over other players.
It is just a client-sided visual effect and after removal it will still be shown server-side, though I won't see it and get motion sickness.

Upvote 0
Reaction score

I want this for the official server though it won't give any advantages over other players.
It is just a client-sided visual effect and after removal it will still be shown server-side, though I won't see it and get motion sickness.

I expected you meant this for Live servers. Wont happen.

Biesmen or one of the other Mods
Please remove this thread for the obvious cheat it would create.
Thanks

Upvote 0
not a programmer
Reaction score

@Biesmen or one of the other Mods
Please remove this thread for the obvious cheat it would create.
Thanks
What is the obvious cheat it would create? It won't affect aiming or recoil.
Removing the walking effect is not a cheat as you do not gain any advantage whatsoever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score

What is the obvious cheat it would create? It won't affect aiming or recoil.
Removing the walking effect is not a cheat as you do not gain any advantage whatsoever.

Any client side editing started would inevitably be used by someone on this forum for cheating.
Secondly you can fake the WZ server side if the client side is altered. It is Fact, not guess work.
Not wasting time going into a deeper conversation.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
It's called & and it does NOT give you any advantages over other players. It is just a client-side effect. And in fact most games allow it to be turned off. So I don't see any "cheating" attempts here. Because If there would be a cheating attempt, then 70% of all the FPS games have built-in cheats.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
It's called & and it does NOT give you any advantages over other players. It is just a client-side effect. And in fact most games allow it to be turned off. So I don't see any "cheating" attempts here. Because If there would be a cheating attempt, then 70% of all the FPS games have built-in cheats.

Well I wont disregard your "opinion" but let us get the facts straight from the horses mouth...
You didn't even quote the game we're discussing. As post: is written for Illuminascii by its Developer.

Let's compare apples with apples and not oranges.

NOT OK with VAC
Using an application to modify the game
Changing game dll and exe files
Mods that contain DLL and EXE files are unsafe
Running a memory editor
Disabling VAC with 3rd party tools or modifactions to Steam.exe
Bypass VAC
sXe (injected anticheat made to block cheats in unsecure servers) Do no use if you are not VAC banned already.
The opengl32.dll that gives bloom to hl1 games
Using any downloaded Cheat from any cheatsite for a VAC game. (cheats for non VAC games running while playing a VAC game is likely to get your account banned)

Since editing of the exe's or dll's would be required, it is a VAC bannable offense, thus not permitted.

Read the thread yourself and get it from Legitimate sources. Not non-authoritative postings.

I'll take it another step further.
Here is section 2 sub-section (f) of Infestation's Terms of Service.
2. Additional License Limitations. The license granted to you in Section 1 is subject to the limitations set forth in this Terms of Service (collectively, the "License Limitations"). Any use of the Service or the Game Client in violation of the License Limitations will be regarded as an infringement of OP Productions’s copyrights in and to the Service and/or Game Client. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:
f. Modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Game Client or the Service in any way not expressly authorized by OP Productions.

Examine the full TOS here:

Either way it isn't acceptable on this forum, nor is it going to happen.

PS:
If this were a private server, I wouldn't say diddly doo.
The OP already confirmed without a doubt they intend to use it on the Live server.
Thus all statements made in this thread are a waste of space.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
not a programmer
Reaction score
Those links were just to show that there is a game option to disable view bobbing that a lot of 3d games have.
Combat Arms does not use VAC (only MapleStory), but steam is optional. Though I guess editing client would go against nexon TOS.

But making a private server goes against their TOS too which this section is all about so I don't understand the problem with TOS. Though any mod can be regarded as a cheat/hack so I will submit a ticket to nexon instead and maybe they will implement it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
But this site is for the Development of MMO's.
Not for the abuse or modification of Live server / client files.

I don't need to say anything further since you are posting regarding a Live server and not doing any Development on a Private server. Get it?

Get the facts straight before attempting to debate with me.
Neither of you are correct and the thread definitely falls in the removal category.

Though I will submit a ticket to nexon instead I guess.

I noticed your edit and am adding this to my reply...
This would be a much better approach.
I'm not putting you down or your request.

Again, this site is for the Development of MMO's, not some Live games client/server files.
As such, I'm strongly against the request due to the nature of this forum and its strong views against exploits, cheats, hacks, bots, etc etc etc.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back