Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Wanting to create a private server - but what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,

I am wanting to create a private server for an MMO but my problem is I'm not sure which one to create one for. I have hosted GunZ, Maplestory and Runescape in the past (yes, they are the cliche ones) so I have some experience with servers but not as much on the development side so once I decide which private server I want to host, I will start looking for developers for my server or just do it myself and learn as I go.

The point of this post is basically that I would like some suggestions or recommendations for a private server to create and host. If you would like to help, feel free to do that as well but I am mainly after recommendations. People usually say "Just do what you like" or something along those lines but I want some suggestions. If you have any reasoning behind the suggestion, I'd like to hear that too. Just throw them out at me. I want to hear them all to help my decision.

If you want to get involved at all, just send me a PM or an email or add my Skype. They should all be on my profile. If not, they will be changed shortly. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks guys.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you were Ducking programming would suggest private server LOL xD

Now if you are looking for creating server to make money, I recommend creating or Tibia or Ragnarok, know that giving $ $ already have some of these servers

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you were Ducking programming would suggest private server LOL xD

Now if you are looking for creating server to make money, I recommend creating or Tibia or Ragnarok, know that giving $ $ already have some of these servers

I would be programming if I had more experience with the languages. I love programming. I am studying IT at university but I won't be studing C+ until next semester haha.

I'm not particularly looking for money. I just want to create a private server for the community to hopefully enjoy. I'm not money hungry. I am mainly looking for something that's about average to manage and develop for but is still flexible with its' modifications if you get what I'm saying.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back