Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hellgate London 2038

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good Day All,

Post is here:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/release-hellgate-london-multiplayer-src-1126619/

I am trying to compile the following portion:

- Build c:\dev\hellgate\Prime.sln in ReleaseClientOnly - x64
- Build c:\dev\hellgate\source\ServerSuite\ServerSuite.sln in DebugHellgateServer - Mixed Platforms
- Build c:\dev\hellgate\source\ServerSuite\Authentication\Authentication.sln in Release - Mixed Platforms (You do NOT need to Publish, we'll be using the .exe not the application version)

However I cannot get these to compile without errors - I'm using Windows 7 SP1 and VS 2008. It appears the Autentication solution is missing a file for the solution... Something Like AuthCountersManager_TemporaryKey.pfx (I'm not at home right now). Anyway, I'm kind of at a loss at this point and thought I'd ask for help. I think this may be why I can't find the "
AuthCountersManager.exe" to be copied over into the inetpub\wwwroot folders.

I also can't seem to run
C:\HGLServer\RunD.cmd without some watchdog64 or some such error. Once again, not home at the moment or I'd check the exact error.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You are saying to build Prime.sln with ReleaseClientOnly -x64 on the guide but on your screenshot your using ReleaseClientOnlyDX10 -x64
Its the same any of them?

Reactions: DNC
Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
edit:!!added the library folders manually and now it compiled!!!yay

curse you @DNC u didndt told me how to add the lib folders =P

they re in tools/options/projects and solutions/vc++ directories
@LeChuck and @Omeris do that and it compiles flawlessly
also change the sdk version using
C :\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Setup\WindowsSdkVer .exe

add the dx lib foilder in dev/sdk

edit 2:the prime thingy still gives error
SharedResources.h skin.h and hkCompletePublicInclude.h are missing =/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@DNC
i still keep getting the error =/
and i have all by default as you said

its not compiling on my side,and didnt customize anything nor upgrade,just changed the 192.x.x.x ip to 127.0.0.1 and the database user and pass in configs to match mine
just to clarify:
CLEAN RE EXTRACTED FILES,still same issue 11 - Hellgate London 2038 - RaGEZONE Forums 22 - Hellgate London 2038 - RaGEZONE Forums 33 - Hellgate London 2038 - RaGEZONE Forums 44 - Hellgate London 2038 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
========== Build: 8 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 12 skipped ==========
i put all in a win server 2003 x64 vm and it compiled

:8:

Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Jeeze LOLOL
/congrats

I did state in the Release thread.
Built in a Windows 7 Pro SP 1 (x64 bit) system

am using windows 10x64
maybe its windows error or something,it did flawless on the vm at first attemp
now says updating intelli senses

Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the WatchdogClientD64.exe opens show and closes

all configured,databases and xlm and configs,server refuses to run
hours wasted and im angry without sleep and hungryim done with this project

it compiles but doesnt run on my computer
deleted all
good luck for anyone who tries it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
not working
the watchdog64 exe just open once
got failed cert on the x64 mp exe,or error 11 check antivirus and firewall,the dx9 one says wrong version of direct xand doesnt open at all,closed the server and the exe never worked again,just crashes
also the prime.sln is compiling stuff on my D: drive even if im puting all on c:,i moved the file to test but nothing
attaching my confs might help?anything?im getting really angry at this now,i had it runing and now it just crashes

Omeris - Hellgate London 2038 - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So have you deleted the SSL cert from the MMC Personal AND Trusted imports? Then added back in the correct one to both?
done,same

Have you validated that you've got a firewall exception for Port 1433 (this is for SQL Server and required in Windows 7)
firewall disabled,antivirus too plus it has no firewall,i even uninstalled avast and still no luck

Have you validated the SQL to IIS communications is passing correctly? Vice versa?

when your IP hasn't even been the same since page one of this Help thread.

i ve tried 127.0.0.1,THE ORIGINAL IP 192.168.0.177(loopback adapter;with original sql user and pass) and MY LAN IP 1921.68.1.4

you still didnt answer why its compiling on d:,why the server open once then never again,and why the cert is failing even its its done from scratch
or you cant admit that the release doesnt work for everyone and might be code issue

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So have you deleted the SSL cert from the MMC Personal AND Trusted imports? Then added back in the correct one to both?
done,same

Have you validated that you've got a firewall exception for Port 1433 (this is for SQL Server and required in Windows 7)
firewall disabled,antivirus too plus it has no firewall,i even uninstalled avast and still no luck

Have you validated the SQL to IIS communications is passing correctly? Vice versa?

when your IP hasn't even been the same since page one of this Help thread.

i ve tried 127.0.0.1,THE ORIGINAL IP 192.168.0.177(loopback adapter;with original sql user and pass) and MY LAN IP 1921.68.1.4

you still didnt answer why its compiling on d:,why the server open once then never again,and why the cert is failing even its its done from scratch
or you cant admit that the release doesnt work for everyone and might be code issue

It does work man, I've been ingame. You need to add the cert for night to the client machine as well.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi there,
by any chance, can any of you share the files again because the old thread got deleted and none did share them again
thanks

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when i'm build solutions (Prime.sln or ServerSuite.sln) i got error:
Code:
C:\dev\hellgate\Source\Common\memory.h(12) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'memorymanager_i.h': No such file or directory

i do not have this file in any directory. any ideas?

Upvote 0
Back