Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hellgate London 2038

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good Day All,

Post is here:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/release-hellgate-london-multiplayer-src-1126619/

I am trying to compile the following portion:

- Build c:\dev\hellgate\Prime.sln in ReleaseClientOnly - x64
- Build c:\dev\hellgate\source\ServerSuite\ServerSuite.sln in DebugHellgateServer - Mixed Platforms
- Build c:\dev\hellgate\source\ServerSuite\Authentication\Authentication.sln in Release - Mixed Platforms (You do NOT need to Publish, we'll be using the .exe not the application version)

However I cannot get these to compile without errors - I'm using Windows 7 SP1 and VS 2008. It appears the Autentication solution is missing a file for the solution... Something Like AuthCountersManager_TemporaryKey.pfx (I'm not at home right now). Anyway, I'm kind of at a loss at this point and thought I'd ask for help. I think this may be why I can't find the "
AuthCountersManager.exe" to be copied over into the inetpub\wwwroot folders.

I also can't seem to run
C:\HGLServer\RunD.cmd without some watchdog64 or some such error. Once again, not home at the moment or I'd check the exact error.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks DNC! It appears something still isn't working right for me... The build doesn't seem to be yeilding any files? When I build prime it tells me 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 19 skipped.

Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Omeris - Hellgate London 2038 - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
diz one?
Visual Studio 2008 professional
http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/1/d/81d3f35e-fa03-485b-953b-ff952e402520/VS2008ProEdition90dayTrialENUX1435622.iso

MSDN Library 2008:

Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
woudl be easier if u or anyone else just post the dlls and exes :)
downloading the visual 2008 atm,estimated 3 hours,the game "client" is almost 7 gb download from 7 links(933 mb each and last one like 400 more)
do i have to put dependencies or references or anything in the visual studio?am not good at compiling stuff
hope its worth

Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@DNC its not working man
i got the new head file,visual studio 2008 professional and sht and fails to compile

now whats the error??
Omeris - Hellgate London 2038 - RaGEZONE Forums

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
He is right about this, no watchdog64.exe on the hglserver folder
Yup, I was coming back to post about this... Still can't figure out how to get the server going after building all of the stuff.

Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yup, I was coming back to post about this... Still can't figure out how to get the server going after building all of the stuff.
tell me how to build it
my side is failing
or share the ones compiled if you have

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will when I'm home, currently at work. I'm not 100% that mine is actually building - I'm not getting any as failed, however, I am getting a mass number of skipped... Prime results in 19 skipped, ServerSuite results in some skipped as well. I think the only build that completes 100% is authentication.
DNC Is this normal?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the video, I'm using the exact setup you said to use... VS 2008 Pro, Windows 7 SP1, etc... I can build but it tells me that most of it was skipped for some reason, any idea? I've followed the guide to the T and am a little lost. For example, prime builds with 1 succeeded, 0 failed, and 19 skipped. Yours says 8 built, 0 failed, and 12 skipped. What am I missing? I've double, triple, quadruple checked.

Thinking this might be my problem:

Will check when I get home...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you Sir, I'll give it a good shot before bugging you again. I appreciate your help immensely.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I understand, I'm not at all excpecting hand holding or what have you. I appreciate your help though. I'm sure with the info you've given me I'll have it up and running tonight. I'm wondering if for some reason the SDK folder is just not able to be accessed by VS 2008 for some reason so I'm going to try and do what you suggested in changing the vsprops and where they point to.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
LOL! Yeah, I agree as your post says many times to use VS 2008 Pro. Yes, I am using the 90 day trial or whatever.

Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Omeris
ATL/MFC Dependancies in Visual Studio 2008
download the Platform SDK at

You can deselect most of the components, just install the build environment for the Core Platform SDK. Add the PSDK\Include\atl and PSDK\Include\mfc directories to your build path in VC2008Exp.
Change atlwin.h and atlbase.h in the ATL folder of the Platform SDK install as follows:
  • Change SetChainEntry function at line 1725 of atlwin.h - define "int i" at the first line of the function body.
    Hide Copy Code
    BOOL SetChainEntry(DWORD dwChainID, CMessageMap* pObject, DWORD
    dwMsgMapID = 0)
    {
    int i;
    // first search for an existing entry

for(i = 0; i < m_aChainEntry.GetSize(); i++)
  • Change AllocStdCallThunk and FreeStdCallThunk at line 287 of atlbase.h to the new macros:
    Hide Copy Code
    /* Comment it
    PVOID __stdcall __AllocStdCallThunk(VOID);
    VOID __stdcall __FreeStdCallThunk(PVOID);

#define AllocStdCallThunk() __AllocStdCallThunk()
    #define FreeStdCallThunk(p) __FreeStdCallThunk(p)

#pragma comment(lib, "atlthunk.lib")
    */

#define AllocStdCallThunk() HeapAlloc(GetProcessHeap(),
    0, sizeof(_stdcallthunk))
    #define FreeStdCallThunk(p) HeapFree(GetProcessHeap(), 0, p)
again,it would have been easier if you just share the exes and dlls @DNC in a separated folder or something
=) but you want to us work hard for this sht,And im trying cause i want the game

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@DNC the thing still fails to compile even following the instructions

i got the client in c: dev and sdk folders,all as the post says
3 compiled 17 failed

=/ again,something is wrong with the files
errors in prime.sln:
Code:
c:\dev\hellgate\source\Engine\source\DxC\dxC_common.h(71) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dxtlib/dxtlib.h': No such file or directory1>Build log was saved at "file://C:\dev\hellgate\obj\x64\Engine\Debug\BuildLog.htm"1>Engine - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
Code:
source\sound_definition.cpp(19) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'fmod.hpp': No such file or directory
6>.\CrashHandler.cpp(21) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '..\..\3rdParty\MySQL\include\mysql.h': No such file or directory6>compression.cpp6>.\compression.cpp(3) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory
c:\dev\hellgate\source\engine\source\e_granny_rigid.h(13) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'granny.h': No such file or directory

.\c_movieplayer.cpp(37) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Bink.h': No such file or directory2>c_itemupgrade.cpp

18>c:\dev\hellgate\Source\Common\mayhem.h(3) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'hkCompletePublicInclude.h': No such file or directory18>Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not found:

UPDATE:the auth one works and makes the files
serversuite.sln says cannot make cause i didnt run visual as administrator ???? testing again
The following environment variables were not found 8>$(WINVER)

24>Build log was saved at "file://c:\dev\hellgate\source\ServerSuite\WatchdogClient\DebugHellgateServer\x64\BuildLog.htm"24>WatchdogClient - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)========== Build: 23 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

watchdog thingy doesnt build cause of this
3>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'd3dx9.lib'3>Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not found:

well all compile but not the prime.sln
it has faulty code or missing files
waiting for Dominican Nordic Caucasian to reply
im the only one atm that managed to go this far,others didnt report anything or they re brasilian...
so i need backup to finish the project and test

info:

heres the bat that sometimes fails to build
View attachment BAT00009864885204 - Copy.txt

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back