Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Legend of Mir 3 Emu Custom Client/Server Files in development - Test Server online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

I am making a post here in a hope to attract more of you to test out the current state of the files, and get a better idea of performance on different setups. Mir Evo is a VB.net and DirectX 9 open source client & server emulator files for Mir 3. The protocol being used is encrypted using custom protocol. Development has been slow and has been taking place for what seems like forever, never seeming to get anywhere very fast. Some of the current features of the files:

Custom Protocol featuring encryption

Client Version checking

Create Account from within the client

Login - Ban capable and logins can be locked after excessive attempts

Character creation

Select screen

Map/Wil/Wix file reading and display

1024x768 Resolution - Interface bar has not yet been modified

Server Clustering capable - maps can be spread over more than one machine with easy setup, we have another server machine that was used for testing this feature but it was taken offline due to noise

Farm animal Mob AI - needs to be modified to fix mobs not attacking for a long time or at all

Items

Server Scripting - started
NPCs - Example shops & teleport

2 Example Spells - mapped to F1 & F2 (Adamantine FB & Meteor shower style spells)

Teleport Effects

TT/RT in shop but not yet implemented, for now the server will spawn you by the tele stone in BW on login. So if you get lost, log out and back

Player/Other Chars are displayed and synced across clients, you can Walk/Run/Cast/Attack/Die/Get Hit.

Chat w/ Shouts - full chat interface except for settings in menu

System/Server text displays

GUI classes have been coded to assist in speedy development and feature addition by server owners

Equipment & Inventory

Minimap

We are currently endeavoring towards a 'play oriented test', a playable version of the game where leveling is poissible to a certain level (around 11/22) and key game features are implemented and can be adequatley tested. We are very interested to see how the test setup hardware will perform under stress.see changelog.txt for a better idea of what has been going on recently
There are 4 different maps on the server for testing transfer between maps, BW, Bichon, A cave within BW and Bichon Palace

Hostname: server.mirevo.co.uk(& for development devserver.lom3.co.uk)
Server Name: Mir Evo Test Server
Server Type: Custom - VB.net & Managed DX9 - Open Source - Currently in development - svn via website
Host Machine stats & Internet stats:

Testing Server:
Hostname: server.lom3.co.uk
Win server 2012 setup
Provided by Karl - VPS: 2 vCPU 4GB RAM

Development Server:
Hostname: devserver.lom3.co.uk
Win server 2008 setup
DB1/GAME2: 2.8Ghz 1Gb Ram / GAME/LOGIN: 2.8Ghz 1.5Gb Ram / DB2: 1.16GHz Dual 2Gb Ram
Current Config: GAME & DB2 (DB1/GAME2 OFFLINE) / NET: 60Mbit Down 9Mbit Up

Exp Rates: Custom
Starting Level: 1
Starting Gold: 0
Direct Download Links:

There is no gameshop planned for the near future, this is only a test server for the purposes of testing during development. Neither are we currently asking for donations.

Uptime will not be 100% and there will be periods where the server will need to be taken offline because of electricity costs and noise levels can be a problem with the current setup (I swear my neighbors must think I'm growing marijuana). If someone can provide me with a better setup for free or a contribution towards the energy costs I would be most grateful.

If your client crashes or will not run correctly, please post your error.txt. Unhandled errors will be saved here.

please visit our post @ lomcn for further updates -

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back