Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Neverwinter - General Help Thread

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I started to notice that a lot of users post the same questions inside the Neverwinter release thread posted by DNC. I decided to make this general help thread to keep his release thread organized. If you have bug reports then please post them in the release thread as requested by it's OP. This thread is for help requests only.

Keep the following rules in mind:

1. Post detailed information about your question or error. A single screenshot is NOT enough.
  2. Do not re-post the same question if it's already posted, duplicate questions will be deleted.
  3. Don't worry if you speak another language, you can use Google Translate or another translator to translate the your message.
  4. The post must follow the MMORPG Extra Help Section Rules.
Failing to follow the rules will result in having your post deleted.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
he use AMD not Nvidia, DNC ^^

Problem is maybe you using the newest AMD 15.11 driver and it will have problem with neverwinter DNC(maybe only 15.11 have problem, not all) released both for client and server i tested, install this AMD 15.7 driver and it might working.

After I removed AMD Crimson driver and reinstalled 15.7.1, it worked. Thanks! (damn Crimson it breaks everything :D)

Reactions: DNC
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

All the steps are completed but now I'm stuck on "Connecting to Account server..." -> "Connection to account server timed out". I set up everything correctly as the steps as well as check on all posts related to this issue but to no avail. I'm using Hyper-V and VirtualBox and setup quite a few virtual networks (for my virtual machines), could that be a problem (Client does not regconize which network is which)?
For your extra information, my OS is: Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,

All the steps are completed but now I'm stuck on "Connecting to Account server..." -> "Connection to account server timed out". I set up everything correctly as the steps as well as check on all posts related to this issue but to no avail. I'm using Hyper-V and VirtualBox and setup quite a few virtual networks (for my virtual machines), could that be a problem (Client does not regconize which network is which)?
For your extra information, my OS is: Windows 8.1 Pro x64
you will get some problem about virtualbox network, i dont know but i've met it too and i just manually set the nat port forwarding to work. You need to make sure you can connect to 7001 and 7004 to login, 7000-7500 to enter the game world

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm running server and client on the same PC (host PC, not VM PCs) and all the executables in bin folder and client exe have already been added to firewall to allow all so I don't think it's about ports. Still "connecting to account server..." :banghead:

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I managed to find a solution for this a while ago. The servers did not bind to the correct network adapter if you have multiple network adapters enabled. In my case I have 8 network adapters (VPN, virtual and such) so it randomly binds to each one which in turn the client cannot recognize the server interface. So I had to disable all network adapters except the main one and client connects just fine.
Hope this can help someone with the same problem as me.

Upvote 0
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well I managed to find a solution for this a while ago. The servers did not bind to the correct network adapter if you have multiple network adapters enabled. In my case I have 8 network adapters (VPN, virtual and such) so it randomly binds to each one which in turn the client cannot recognize the server interface. So I had to disable all network adapters except the main one and client connects just fine.
Hope this can help someone with the same problem as me.

You can do that or:

At the adatper settings you can priorize the adapter orders, in Advanced -> Advanced Settings and Send the desired adapter to the first line in the window with the side buttons...

After that you can modify the lan adapter's metric settings, for example 10, the rest is auto or 1, and so on...(Check it on google)

Alternatlively you can use too; for the mcp program... it works for me...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there,

first of all awesome work DNC, I love it:D

second: since I am alone without friends:( (nobody who would go through the hustle to let me install the standalone),
is there a way to bypass the queue requirement for 5 players? Or what does the "starting gameserver map" in the MCP do?

Best regards, JayAgeDee

Upvote 0
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a way; check the whole thread. ;) you can modify queues, dungeons, events, pvp requirements

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found this:

1. Save the code in the following code block to C:\Night\localdata\server\MCPDynamicSettings_use_editors.txt

Spoiler:

2. You'll need to delete C:\Night\localdata\server\MCPDynamicSettings.txt
3. Make a Copy of C:\Night\localdata\server\MCPDynamicSettings_use_editors.txt into the same folder C:\Night\localdata\server
4. Rename the Copied file to C:\Night\localdata\server\MCPDynamicSettings.txt
5. Start up your C:\Night\tools\bin\_0_MCP.bat
6. Click "Baffling Complex Mode" button
7. Click the Big "N" button
8. Once all services are started, launch the Client from the MCP
9. Once you log in, you'll select a map from the drop down list
10. While In-Game you'll use Ctrl-E to bring up the Editors.

Followed all steps. But my charcters always load into their last map. I checked and I have 2 game servers running (the one with the last character map starts as soon as I hit enter world). When I hit enter, there is a list of GS, but it only shows the last map option and not the map I have selected. Maybe I have to digg deeper into the posts, but I feel like I have read everything related to it.

Sry if I annoy you guys with my noobiness:(

Upvote 0
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For the queue/pvp/event files you dont need editor mode, besides i cannot help i have not tryed the editor itself so i cannot help with it...

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oi. Then I took a completely wrong turn somewhere. How do I manipulate queue/events though?

I followed the link DNC posted earlier in the help thread and it then directs me to the STO section, where he deleted some of his posts though.

Upvote 0
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
OK so the files need to be edited:

Events: C:/Night/data/defs/events/*.events files

Queues/PVP: C:/Night/data/defs/Queues/*.queue files

The files content pretty much obvious, and good commented... Edit, and save it... then restart the whole server.

Edit min players/ Max players/level requirements... for pvp games the minimal what you can give is 2 person minimal(1 per team of the domination maps....) you cannot start with just one person(in that concept does not even makes any sense..)

You can edit gearscores for the epic dungeons too...

At events watch for the lenght of the events and de correct dates...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK so the files need to be edited:

Events: C:/Night/data/defs/events/*.events files

Queues/PVP: C:/Night/data/defs/Queues/*.queue files

The files content pretty much obvious, and good commented... Edit, and save it... then restart the whole server.

Edit min players/ Max players/level requirements... for pvp games the minimal what you can give is 2 person minimal(1 per team of the domination maps....) you cannot start with just one person(in that concept does not even makes any sense..)

You can edit gearscores for the epic dungeons too...

At events watch for the lenght of the events and de correct dates...

You are the hero I needed but not the one I deserved. TYVM you rock!

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Started the server and the ZEN market is empty. How to add items to the ZEN market??? Maybe there is a ready market to fill? Could not find any information anywhere. Where can I find a list of GM commands (how to raise the level, add money, etc.)???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Check the star trek cryptic store tutorial it is the same exept the variables, like neverwinterchain_ and NWO and NIGHT variables.. no one reads what is what... -.-'

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hei!

Can any of you guys share a download link for the server files and client ?

Or any one has already a server where I can join to work with ?

Regards

Upvote 0
Back