Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Neverwinter - General Help Thread

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I started to notice that a lot of users post the same questions inside the Neverwinter release thread posted by DNC. I decided to make this general help thread to keep his release thread organized. If you have bug reports then please post them in the release thread as requested by it's OP. This thread is for help requests only.

Keep the following rules in mind:

1. Post detailed information about your question or error. A single screenshot is NOT enough.
  2. Do not re-post the same question if it's already posted, duplicate questions will be deleted.
  3. Don't worry if you speak another language, you can use Google Translate or another translator to translate the your message.
  4. The post must follow the MMORPG Extra Help Section Rules.
Failing to follow the rules will result in having your post deleted.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi DNC
I tried to download the source code from your Neverwinter release thread , the other rar files are downloaded successfully except"ForEducationalPurposesOnly_Src.rar",
I tried many times, I don't know if it's still avairable, can you check it or just reupload it? many thanx.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
ok,
I'm getting ready to populate my "Store" in NW. But I think I'm missing one last piece of info.
When adding items:

if The "PRICE" field in STO = _StartrekChain for EC
then What should the "PRICE" field have for Zen = ? in NW

I hope that makes sense.

D_H

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Re: [Release] Neverwinter -- Final (Review the thread fully)

Client wil crash if you try to put 2 gems into 1 Item. Example 1 Armor Enchament Slot and then one Defense Slot. The game will crash then always.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@DNC
Yes, new link is working, thanx.
After a few hours of struggle, I could run the game without problem.
Now I wonder if it's possible to start the game editor(like world editor or map editor), becuase I noticed in the "GameClientLib" project, there is a folder called editors, the code seems complete,is there any clue?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello, is there anyway to use the "zone" chat for post the message to all maps? perfect world have about 1.000.000 players, but a private server never reach that much, so very hard to connect the players in game because most of them do their work in other map.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
-.- Instead of creating a help thread post. How about go read the FULL Release Thread first.
You'll see this is already working.
Thank you, bubye now.
please, i dont say the chat system not working,i said "is there anyway to use the "zone" chat for post the message to all maps?"

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Well there is a crash problem which occurs sometimes. You login with your char and at 80% of the loading the game will just shutdown. To fix it you must login to a different account and play there for 2 min and then you can switch back so you can login again normaly. I dont know why that happens but it can happen on any lvl. I had this on a lvl 4 char too. I didnt do anything just run in the main city lol.

Reactions: DNC
Upvote 0
Reaction score
I activated Winter event and the event is running but i cannot see the new Winter map. I see the small mini events when they start and these stuff but i cant teleport to there :/ did you tried it out dnc ?

Upvote 0
----
Reaction score
Yes, since the new client where is the chat is fixed in binary update, the error page is not appaering upon login, the client simply quits :D But still can be fixed with characterchange.

Reactions: DNC
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, im tried to fix problem about gauntlgrym dungeon but not success. I've test the gauntlgrym event with 44 player and split to 2 guild, 22 red and 22 blue. All the quest working good but when we go to the end of event( phase 3), no one can queue the dungeon both winner or closer team. So i open the queue file to see what's problem, and it is here :

PHP:
Requires    {
        Statement <&Activity_EventIsActive("Neverwinter_End_Game_GG_Control") AND GetShardVariableString("az_gg_pvp_winner") = "Blue" AND IsPlayerGuildAllegiance("Allegiance_DelzounExplorers") AND (PlayerItemCount("Event_Az_Gg_Participation_Phase_1_Delzoun") AND PlayerItemCount("Event_Az_Gg_Participation_Phase_2_Delzoun"))&>    }

The gameserver cant read this statement, i've met this problem with mount store before, cant buy the mount when reach 20 lvl :

PHP:
Statement <&PlayerItemCount("Mount_Rental_Token") \> 0&>

and i simply just remove the stament to make it working and done. But with gauntlgrym we cant do it, gameserver need to find the winner and loser team and the item required to start queue the dungeon. Someone know about it? or if someone free we can work together to solve this problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
yes i tested like this, i sure back up to desktop not Night folder, even i removed all and just keep one in them, still no working with any expression. If i remove all, no need to play the event before and no need the item required and no need the score, all player can simply queue the dungeon with queue window. This time i think, maybe expression not run by gameserver, it run by other server and maybe we forget to run it like GroupProjectServer in the first time release ?

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I expected you would had left the other requirements and tested whether or not it was a shardvariablestring or not.
What item are you referring to?
The first code block does not refer to an item.
Your second code block sounded as though it was not used for GG.
Be more specific and detailed.
What have you tested? Complete detailed notes.
What about this mount item? Is it required for the GG?
Not going to guess what you have and haven't done.
Definitely not playing troubleshoot every issue you all come up with.
You have source, you have documentation, you have videos, you can use the gamepedia site for requirements to each event/quest.
Sort it out.

Hi,i dont say the mount item use for the GG, i just say about problem that both store and queue system cant run any statement or maybe cant parse the statement struct. for the GG, i tested like you say, remove GetShardVariableString("az_gg_pvp_winner") = "Blue" still not working, i tried to remove all and just keep one of them to find the corrupt part but all not working, not only GetShardVariableString. so @DNC, i know you working hard, i dont want to disturb you, just do your work and i will find someone to working together then report the result to you, thank you about the release:).

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
1 - Neverwinter - General Help Thread - RaGEZONE Forums

Hi,

I've encountered the above error while trying to setup the binary release everytime, this time is the 11th times in a row with that error. The step number is 15: "Run C:\Night\Tools\bin\_2_MakeBinsAndExit_Client.bat"
There is a warning in the console window about missing Phyx dll but it continues to run afterwards. My VGA card is Gigabyte HD 7870 OC.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Download and install. Resolved.

he use AMD not Nvidia, DNC ^^

View attachment 155023

Hi,

I've encountered the above error while trying to setup the binary release everytime, this time is the 11th times in a row with that error. The step number is 15: "Run C:\Night\Tools\bin\_2_MakeBinsAndExit_Client.bat"
There is a warning in the console window about missing Phyx dll but it continues to run afterwards. My VGA card is Gigabyte HD 7870 OC.

Problem is maybe you using the newest AMD 15.11 driver and it will have problem with neverwinter DNC(maybe only 15.11 have problem, not all) released both for client and server i tested, install this AMD 15.7 driver and it might working.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back