Neverwinter - General Help Thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    13Posts

Re: Neverwinter - General Help Thread

Hello, im tried to fix problem about gauntlgrym dungeon but not success. I've test the gauntlgrym event with 44 player and split to 2 guild, 22 red and 22 blue. All the quest working good but when we go to the end of event( phase 3), no one can queue the dungeon both winner or closer team. So i open the queue file to see what's problem, and it is here :

PHP Code:
    Requires    {

Statement <&Activity_EventIsActive("Neverwinter_End_Game_GG_Control") AND GetShardVariableString("az_gg_pvp_winner") = "Blue" AND IsPlayerGuildAllegiance("Allegiance_DelzounExplorers") AND (PlayerItemCount("Event_Az_Gg_Participation_Phase_1_Delzoun") AND PlayerItemCount("Event_Az_Gg_Participation_Phase_2_Delzoun"))&>    } 
    The gameserver cant read this statement, i've met this problem with mount store before, cant buy the mount when reach 20 lvl :

PHP Code:
    Statement <&PlayerItemCount("Mount_Rental_Token") \> 0&> 
    and i simply just remove the stament to make it working and done. But with gauntlgrym we cant do it, gameserver need to find the winner and loser team and the item required to start queue the dungeon. Someone know about it? or if someone free we can work together to solve this problem.
    Last edited by HiGaming; 07-12-15 at 03:43 AM.

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    13Posts

yes i tested like this, i sure back up to desktop not Night folder, even i removed all and just keep one in them, still no working with any expression. If i remove all, no need to play the event before and no need the item required and no need the score, all player can simply queue the dungeon with queue window. This time i think, maybe expression not run by gameserver, it run by other server and maybe we forget to run it like GroupProjectServer in the first time release ?

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    13Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DNC View Post
    I expected you would had left the other requirements and tested whether or not it was a shardvariablestring or not.
    What item are you referring to?
    The first code block does not refer to an item.
    Your second code block sounded as though it was not used for GG.
    Be more specific and detailed.
    What have you tested? Complete detailed notes.
    What about this mount item? Is it required for the GG?
    Not going to guess what you have and haven't done.
    Definitely not playing troubleshoot every issue you all come up with.
    You have source, you have documentation, you have videos, you can use the gamepedia site for requirements to each event/quest.
    Sort it out.
    Hi,i dont say the mount item use for the GG, i just say about problem that both store and queue system cant run any statement or maybe cant parse the statement struct. for the GG, i tested like you say, remove GetShardVariableString("az_gg_pvp_winner") = "Blue" still not working, i tried to remove all and just keep one of them to find the corrupt part but all not working, not only GetShardVariableString. so @DNC, i know you working hard, i dont want to disturb you, just do your work and i will find someone to working together then report the result to you, thank you about the release:).

MemberRank
    Sep 2013 Join Date
    6Posts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	155023

Hi,

I've encountered the above error while trying to setup the binary release everytime, this time is the 11th times in a row with that error. The step number is 15: "Run C:\Night\Tools\bin\_2_MakeBinsAndExit_Client.bat"
    There is a warning in the console window about missing Phyx dll but it continues to run afterwards. My VGA card is Gigabyte HD 7870 OC.

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    13Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DNC View Post
    NVIDIA DRIVERS 9.12.1031
    Download and install. Resolved.
    he use AMD not Nvidia, DNC ^^

Quote Originally Posted by jerryt2 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	155023

Hi,

I've encountered the above error while trying to setup the binary release everytime, this time is the 11th times in a row with that error. The step number is 15: "Run C:\Night\Tools\bin\_2_MakeBinsAndExit_Client.bat"
    There is a warning in the console window about missing Phyx dll but it continues to run afterwards. My VGA card is Gigabyte HD 7870 OC.
    Problem is maybe you using the newest AMD 15.11 driver and it will have problem with neverwinter DNC(maybe only 15.11 have problem, not all) released both for client and server i tested, install this AMD 15.7 driver Download AMD Catalyst Drivers 15.7.1 Windows 7 64 - FileHippo.com and it might working.
    Last edited by HiGaming; 18-12-15 at 01:02 AM. Reason: maybe only 15.11 have problem, not all

MemberRank
    Sep 2013 Join Date
    6Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HiGaming View Post
    he use AMD not Nvidia, DNC ^^

Problem is maybe you using the newest AMD 15.11 driver and it will have problem with neverwinter DNC(maybe only 15.11 have problem, not all) released both for client and server i tested, install this AMD 15.7 driver Download AMD Catalyst Drivers 15.7.1 Windows 7 64 - FileHippo.com and it might working.
    After I removed AMD Crimson driver and reinstalled 15.7.1, it worked. Thanks! (damn Crimson it breaks everything :D)

MemberRank
    Sep 2013 Join Date
    6Posts

Hi,

All the steps are completed but now I'm stuck on "Connecting to Account server..." -> "Connection to account server timed out". I set up everything correctly as the steps as well as check on all posts related to this issue but to no avail. I'm using Hyper-V and VirtualBox and setup quite a few virtual networks (for my virtual machines), could that be a problem (Client does not regconize which network is which)?
    For your extra information, my OS is: Windows 8.1 Pro x64

MemberRank
    Nov 2015 Join Date
    13Posts

Hi,

All the steps are completed but now I'm stuck on "Connecting to Account server..." -> "Connection to account server timed out". I set up everything correctly as the steps as well as check on all posts related to this issue but to no avail. I'm using Hyper-V and VirtualBox and setup quite a few virtual networks (for my virtual machines), could that be a problem (Client does not regconize which network is which)?
    For your extra information, my OS is: Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    you will get some problem about virtualbox network, i dont know but i've met it too and i just manually set the nat port forwarding to work. You need to make sure you can connect to 7001 and 7004 to login, 7000-7500 to enter the game world

MemberRank
    Sep 2013 Join Date
    6Posts

I'm running server and client on the same PC (host PC, not VM PCs) and all the executables in bin folder and client exe have already been added to firewall to allow all so I don't think it's about ports. Still "connecting to account server..."

MemberRank
    Sep 2013 Join Date
    6Posts

Well I managed to find a solution for this a while ago. The servers did not bind to the correct network adapter if you have multiple network adapters enabled. In my case I have 8 network adapters (VPN, virtual and such) so it randomly binds to each one which in turn the client cannot recognize the server interface. So I had to disable all network adapters except the main one and client connects just fine.
    Hope this can help someone with the same problem as me.

True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    845Posts

Well I managed to find a solution for this a while ago. The servers did not bind to the correct network adapter if you have multiple network adapters enabled. In my case I have 8 network adapters (VPN, virtual and such) so it randomly binds to each one which in turn the client cannot recognize the server interface. So I had to disable all network adapters except the main one and client connects just fine.
    Hope this can help someone with the same problem as me.
    You can do that or:

At the adatper settings you can priorize the adapter orders, in Advanced -> Advanced Settings and setup like this Send the desired adapter to the first line in the window with the side buttons...

After that you can modify the lan adapter's metric settings, for example 10, the rest is auto or 1, and so on...(Check it on google)

Alternatlively you can use forcebind IP too; for the mcp program... it works for me...
    Last edited by Flyer8472; 30-12-15 at 09:10 AM.

MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    5Posts

Hi there,

first of all awesome work DNC, I love it:D

second: since I am alone without friends:( (nobody who would go through the hustle to let me install the standalone),
    is there a way to bypass the queue requirement for 5 players? Or what does the "starting gameserver map" in the MCP do?

Best regards, JayAgeDee

True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    845Posts

Yes there is a way; check the whole thread. ;) you can modify queues, dungeons, events, pvp requirements

MemberRank
    Feb 2016 Join Date
    5Posts

I found this:

1. Save the code in the following code block to C:\Night\localdata\server\MCPDynamicSettings_use_editors.txt

Spoiler:

2. You'll need to delete C:\Night\localdata\server\MCPDynamicSettings.txt
    3. Make a Copy of C:\Night\localdata\server\MCPDynamicSettings_use_editors.txt into the same folder C:\Night\localdata\server
    4. Rename the Copied file to C:\Night\localdata\server\MCPDynamicSettings.txt
    5. Start up your C:\Night\tools\bin\_0_MCP.bat
    6. Click "Baffling Complex Mode" button
    7. Click the Big "N" button
    8. Once all services are started, launch the Client from the MCP
    9. Once you log in, you'll select a map from the drop down list
    10. While In-Game you'll use Ctrl-E to bring up the Editors.

Followed all steps. But my charcters always load into their last map. I checked and I have 2 game servers running (the one with the last character map starts as soon as I hit enter world). When I hit enter, there is a list of GS, but it only shows the last map option and not the map I have selected. Maybe I have to digg deeper into the posts, but I feel like I have read everything related to it.

Sry if I annoy you guys with my noobiness:(

True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    845Posts

For the queue/pvp/event files you dont need editor mode, besides i cannot help i have not tryed the editor itself so i cannot help with it...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Advertisement