• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Neverwinter Online] Foundry?

Staff member
Reaction score
So tinkering around with some options in the server folder and finally remembered what UCG was.
Enabled it, and behold the foundry button is now active... Sad day though.
Clicking it just blanks my clients screen and i can no longer do anything without restarting the client.

Is the foundry not working? I would love to do some map building in game.

DNC?

Reaction score
Hmm. Foundry doesn't work?

QJ39MUB - [Neverwinter Online] Foundry? - RaGEZONE Forums

S78kYp9 - [Neverwinter Online] Foundry? - RaGEZONE Forums

04PJuSd - [Neverwinter Online] Foundry? - RaGEZONE Forums

Works flawlessly!

:)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Staff member
Reaction score
It does save content to the server, and you can access it again.
We have been looking into it. But yes like you said, it is far from complete. (Including UI for Foundry)

There is a overview of their network topology on page 778 of the documentation I released earlier, Its pretty grandiose as far
as its complexity goes, but that's neither here nor there.

I think we would be up to doing something with a new content delivery system for it.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Hmm. It's flawlessly, like I said. The patch server is working for now.
49cgOQs - [Neverwinter Online] Foundry? - RaGEZONE Forums

And I'm sure the rest will too.

Code:
But there is no way to replicate the game network from which the patching system derives.
Don't have to. We just have to replicate the infrastructure. Which isn't actually that bad. Because in the document, there's a full chart of their infrastructure with all the Ports. We have the source and almost everything we need. The only thing I think we don't have is some config files, which can easily created because, As I said earlier, we have the source :p. And the rest is just an svn server.

The logic behind the UGC is actually pretty crappy. I mean a patching server for UGC xD... Would be better to streamline it, or even better, just host it on the server and send it when it's actually needed.

Saving is easy. The hard part is getting it spread to all users.

2YbMdWU - [Neverwinter Online] Foundry? - RaGEZONE Forums

0xy3xfX - [Neverwinter Online] Foundry? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Reaction score
I'm not scared. Cryptic is nothing. Perfect World is nothing. I didn't knew these companies before the Cryptic SVN leak soo..

And you can think about changing something if the current system works. Changing the current system would take multiple months if not even a year.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
So, a system like blizzard has where you can play before the download is even finished. And just use the download which is finished downloading. Still nice idea, but the coding if it is hard. Because this game engine is the most unorganized poop and totally over complicated that I ever saw in my life (Except for Rom which is firstly the leakers fault :p).

Upvote 0
Back