Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone up for setting up Phoenix Dynasty Online?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Here's the links to server files.

The client link is dead. If anyone can find it somewhere or have it please upload it up. I love to see this MMO get its section. Since that Serverfiles already had 90% translated.

I found setup tutorial on YouTube

I think this client will work too

Last edited:
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i got the files in chinese,english client doesnt work on em
me and my friend hacked original phoenix dynasty with wpe pro,we made earthshard drop on starter area,sinec they give poop load of exp and money everyone gt buffed ,gms didnt care and then game closed

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah look like the English client didn't work, but there's an 90% translated patch for the client now. When I first setup PDO it was around 50% translated.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i got the files in chinese,english client doesnt work on em
me and my friend hacked original phoenix dynasty with wpe pro,we made earthshard drop on starter area,sinec they give poop load of exp and money everyone gt buffed ,gms didnt care and then game closed

Hmm yeah I read your last post from another threads. You said about tuan VM files.

Have you try to apply that 90% English translated patch to tuan's client? I think tuan mentioned about 8xxx version for his files. But im not sure about it. If you still had the VM and client from tuan can you do a quick apply patch to its client?

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Path English cho Client :

That's the English patch that had 90% translated.

I will wait for your results.

If you can't connect with tuan's client after you applied the english patch. Maybe you need not to apply FWClient.exe and play.exe just incase those two have different IPs from them. I haven't setup PDO for more than 10 years+ lol im not sure IPs need to change from them or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@with english patch game doesnt launch at all,on chinese launchs but says my direct x is wrong,maybe compatibility issue on win 10(game runs on dx8)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Im launching the client ok with English patch on win 8.1 but my VMware couldn't setup that 192.168.1.201 do you know how? Im using VMware 12 pro but always getting ''The subnet IP and subnet mask are mismatched. When im trying to use 192.168.1.201 also I''m on NAT.
There's a configuration files which you can change the IP for the client to connect to esIP.configs is the ones.

Hmm im switched to custom(VMnet0) it makes the virtual PC's LAn connected but when I try to connect with the client it still says failed to connect to 192.168.1.201 hmmm

Can you help me setup that 192.168.1.201 on my VMware? Without it, it seems like the client did not connect to the server.

Confirmed the English patch does worked for the client. After you patched it and start with FWClient and it will says English instead of Chinese.

But right now I just need to figure it out how to add this 192.168.1.201 IP to my VMware then I can connect to the server and enjoy this Phoenix dynasty online with 90% English Patched translation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
nononononnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Really? Cool man. We might get a section for this MMORPG. It seems this MMO has been lack of tools. Only a GM tool included with taun's VM but still in Chinese languages. So, source of files might bring more hopes.

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
good luck!,the source are full,but missed some function . wish some ppl can fix it ....the verson is 6xxx;

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I see an older sourse files but better than nothing.
woot, you have try all compatible mode? If so, then this MMO is too old for modern Windows. I have seen a YouTube video first time gameplay for this MMO and the game was glitches. Hmm since you have setup most of tuan's VM servers files successfully. Are you using VMware or virtualBox? I still can't see to costum assigned that 192.168.1.201 IP to my VMware, maybe I will try it on virtualBox later. If you know how can you take some VM pictures that you setup?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Finally, I got it working but I can't see to make an account.

Haha I got how this funny Chinese launcher worked now. I've managed to make an account but the game just prompted me Your graphics card does not support 3D hardware acceleration, so the game will stop running. UPGRADE your graphics card drivers or contact the graphics card manufacturers haha. I think it won't launched on win 8.1 either. I will test it on Windows XP pro sp3 on one of my dual cores PC later.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Finally, I got it working but I can't see to make an account.

Haha I got how this funny Chinese launcher worked now. I've managed to make an account but the game just prompted me Your graphics card does not support 3D hardware acceleration, so the game will stop running. UPGRADE your graphics card drivers or contact the graphics card manufacturers haha. I think it won't launched on win 8.1 either. I will test it on Windows XP pro sp3 on one of my dual cores PC later.
i told you :),i got same error

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm yeah. Strange why my dual cores pc with Intel graphics prompted the same error lol it should be able to play that games hmm... it already had win xp too. I'm going to find that 7500 version clients and see if I'm getting the same error or not.

Edited: the client version is 7520 but didn't shown directX error nor 3D graphics card error. But about my Windows resolution is not supported it or too high then won't launched the games at all. I launched the client with FWclient.exe instead of the Play.exe because I couldn't connect to my VM servers through this pc. I try to install Hamachi but I cant create an account or log in one lol the dang internet explorer probably too old for Hamachi haha.

Hmm I will dig up my DVDs which contained Windows XP pro xp3 and install on VMware or virtualBox and let see if it works. If you already had Windows XP pro xp3 on your virtual machine you can try it too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The system requirements are very old tho
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

CPU: 400 MhZ Pentium 1 or Equivalent
RAM: 128 MB
HDD: 1.2 GB Free Space
Graphics Card: Any 3D Accelerator Card with 16MB video memory

Wonder why we are getting that graphics card 3D error. My directX has been updated and graphics driver.

This video gameplay running the game on win 7 without any error except graphics glitches that I had mentioned.

I think I know why we encountered that graphics card 3D error, maybe it has to do with directX 11-12 on our Windows. For win xp it didn't shown that error messages.

If anyone able to launch the clients and can see the characters screen then you are ready to play it. The client version 7520 cannot connect to this server files. So tuan's VM server file version is 8000+ ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
got it working all out now check this out
john007 - Anyone up for setting up Phoenix Dynasty Online? - RaGEZONE Forums

running on VMware with win xp pro sp3 haha

Edit: sadly the game has so low FPS on VMware. I have updated directX too and even increased more cores and RAM but doesn't seems to helped. I have seen people gaming on VMware but no stutter at all. So I wonder what's the problem is. I'm going to test on Diablo and starcraft: broodwar and see it gets low FPS or not.

I think I have found out my low FPS on VMware on this YouTube gameplay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
run game with win 98 compatibility,800x600 and put vm with acelerated graphics(on display settings)
for me it didnt work

Upvote 0
Back