Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone up for setting up Phoenix Dynasty Online?

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Here's the links to server files.

The client link is dead. If anyone can find it somewhere or have it please upload it up. I love to see this MMO get its section. Since that Serverfiles already had 90% translated.

I found setup tutorial on YouTube

I think this client will work too

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
What Windows version are you using on your VMware or virtualBox? It works fine without any problems on mine. Just super low framerate(fps) during gameplay. I want to play through a little but can't bare with the stutter haha. So I went into my bio(msi 970a-g46 motherboard) but didn't find that CPU virtualization as the YouTube gameplay mentioned.
I'm using FX 6300 CPU 3.5GHz, 8GB ram with GT 440 2GB ram GPU. I think there is something wrong with the VMware. Anyway, if someone using Windows XP as based, should be able to run the game without any problems while hosting the server via VMware.

Don't forget to install vmtools too.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I got it why playing games on VMware 12 pro with low fps now. Because on win xp we can't adjust tat svga II vram. It always at 128 vram on directX that's why it causes low framerate. Even though I have increased everything to max on the display settings under VMware. I put 2GB vram still have no affect on games. So only work for Windows 8.1 to 10 I guess but no points of running those OS causes we can't play Phoenix dynasty online . I haven't test virtualbox tho. If anyone can test install win xp and run at very good fps on virtualBox please make a YouTube videos . I might try to make multiple OS boots to play this game and some. Since my dual cores cpu without a good gpu can't fire up the game haha.

Looks like the cashshop sections still not translated in English, im assume that 10% was left out was cashshop items. Other parts seems fine...

Hmm just got back a few hours and installed win 7 32 bit on my VMware to test out. Surprisely I did not get any graphics glitches like that YouTube gameplay but framerate is same as win XP haha but on the select characters screen it ran at 60 fps. Kinda weird why the framerate dropped too much during gameplay. Oh the NPC's quests still in Chinese.. I'm not sure that English patch is 75% or 90% haha I got the 90% on my dual cores PC still. Will apply and see if it is the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
So, I go ahead and installed win 7 ultimate on my PC and test it out. All worked without framerate issue of course but I'm not sure this 90% translated English patch not compatible with the 8025 client(Chinese) or something because some features not fully translated. NPCs text dialogs are still in Chinese but most of the items descriptions are in English, cash shop items seems to be fine lots of them are in English. I think this 90% English patch is more suitable to 7525 version client. But tuan server file is 8025 that means newer and added more contents.
I just hope we can get a section for Phoenix Dynasty Online and get people to work on the rest of the translation then we should have an almost 100% PDO server to enjoy with.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Sure you can help, just use this tools from page 4.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/phoenix-destiny-online-fung-mo-545558/index4.html

Nvm, from what I re-read the whole thread. NPCs dialogue speaks are from DLL, but he didn't released that tools for it. Hmm the 90% English patch is only for client. So we are really missed out that server-side translation too. Which was the NPCs dialogue speaks. Damn. To make this work we really need to put a lot of work into translation of the DLL files there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Inactive
Reaction score
I'm also interested in helping, if this goes public that is.

I enjoyed this game quite a bit and was a shame that enjoymmo tanked it.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
LOLY 12 asked me directly for the translation progress, so i've decided share my work to you guys.
and asked for the WoQ2 server files too (maybe a nostalgic guy, hehe) and after some minutes of research, finally found something.
(PDO)
* Use the "Dlg Client" file to replace your "Dlg" folder on your Client.,
* Use the Dlg Server file and do the same on your server.
You'll get a 75% translated game. You'll find the NPC are still speaking in Chinese, and it's because their dialoge files are inside a DLL file (damn!) exactly in the "ErSoe_Test.dll" file ...you can see them using Ultraedit program but cannot change them...actually i'm working on that.

*i also added the dlg Editor in english.

(WoQ2)
* and the folder for the WoQ2... just replace the "fwserver" with the "GS" folder and it works properly (i've tested it)...and need to find the ver.2416 Client to play it.

Good luck and regards!
Azulencendido

I think I forgot something, since I'm using tuan's VM server files, it is completely in Chinese haha. So, I think I need to replace the English translation as well to the server lol. I just hope I can upload stuff up to tuan's VM server because it was on Windows server 2003. I tried to launch the internet explorer but nothing pop up. I need to find a way to transfer those version 7500 English 90% to the server then it should work fine. Ketchup n devilSpeak, sure you guys can help. I really love to make this 8025 version of Phoenix dynasty online atleast 90% translated too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
So I go ahead and make a Discord server for Phoenix Dynasty Private Server for general discussion purposes. Please feel free to join.
Here's the invite code. See you guys there.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Hmm I replaced ERSoe_Test.dll from the 90% English server files ones but the server won't start up. So we have to manually copy and paste from the 90% English server files ones to Tuan ones. I found ollydbg 2.01 version but can't see to open that .dll correctly like Azulencendido did. Anyone able to open it and see all the NPC English translation from the 90% ones?
Here's the .dll from tuan's VMware

and this ones from 90% english translated

I did some funny replacement tests on tuan's VMware servers with that ver. 7500 90% English servers translated. Server start fine but in-game I can't talk to any NPCs haha. So I try to use ver. 7500 with 90% English client connect to the servers but surprisely it still said the version of the client mismatched with the server. Even though I've already replaced the servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
it's playable with the Quests are in english by the client
john007 - Anyone up for setting up Phoenix Dynasty Online? - RaGEZONE Forums

have to press the Q key to bring it up lol
in the meantime we can all work on the .DLL for actual translation but will takes time.

i will try to host the server on my other pc with 2GB ram and let everyone to play around with.
stay tunes. when i get everything up and running please join the Discord server too for future discussion.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I've managed to use OllyDbg to see and edit those .DLL for translation but way too much work. No wonder that version 7500 server files claimed to have 90% English translated was all a lied. I've check those .DLL none of them contains English translation. So, if we want English NPC's dialogues speaks in English we have to do it from scratch. Right now, I think that 90% English client patch serve us partially for the server which is playable. I might -re-setup tuan's 8xxx server files on win 7 because his server was on win server 2003 the internet browser is too old for hamachi.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've managed to use OllyDbg to see and edit those .DLL for translation but way too much work. No wonder that version 7500 server files claimed to have 90% English translated was all a lied. I've check those .DLL none of them contains English translation. So, if we want English NPC's dialogues speaks in English we have to do it from scratch. Right now, I think that 90% English client patch serve us partially for the server which is playable. I might -re-setup tuan's 8xxx server files on win 7 because his server was on win server 2003 the internet browser is too old for hamachi.

john007... you are doing good bro
i'm one of phoenix dynasty online addicted...
so.... how was everything going... can i test the game ?
if anything i can do it will be my pleasure

Upvote 0
very nice
Reaction score
Then you're in the wrong sections for that.
I cant see to find many interesting people to work on the translation lol. Tuan's official shares VM servers seems dead now. Glad I still have the servers on my DVDs backup.
you dropped this?

Upvote 0
Back