Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[SoulWorker]SoulWorker emu java

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi everyone.I'am now trying to develop a emulator for a game called "SoulWorker".
And it is my very first time to develop a emulator,so,I got a problem.
I'm using Netty as my framework.
I create a login server as the following
Code:
EventLoopGroup bossGroup = new NioEventLoopGroup(); EventLoopGroup workerGroup = new NioEventLoopGroup();
ServerBootstrap b = new ServerBootstrap();            b.group(bossGroup, workerGroup).channel(NioServerSocketChannel.class)                    .childHandler(new ChannelInitializer<SocketChannel>() {                        @Override                        public void initChannel(SocketChannel ch) throws Exception {                            ch.pipeline().addLast(new DiscardServerHandler());                        }                    }).option(ChannelOption.SO_BACKLOG, 128)                    .childOption(ChannelOption.SO_KEEPALIVE, true)                    .childOption(ChannelOption.TCP_NODELAY, true);             ChannelFuture f = b.bind(LOGIN_SERVER_PORT).sync();            f.channel().closeFuture().sync();

And here is my handler:
Code:
public class DiscardServerHandler extends ChannelInboundHandlerAdapter {    @Override    public void channelActive(ChannelHandlerContext ctx) throws Exception {        // TODO Auto-generated method stub        System.out.println("connected");        super.channelActive(ctx);    }        @Override    public void channelRead(ChannelHandlerContext ctx, Object msg) { // (2)        System.out.println("reading");        if (!(msg instanceof ByteBuf)) return;        try {            System.out.println("read....");        } finally {            ReferenceCountUtil.release(msg);        }    }
}

So the problem is,after I launched my client.
the string "connected" is able to print to my console but,
I CAN NOT read anything.
String "reading" is never been printed to my console.

plz help me.

Ok I know my client isn't sent anything to server.
I don't know why but I guess if login info wasn't there the client would not send anything to server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
tks for the reply
I've fixed this issue.The problem is there is an argument required so the client could get login infos.

Upvote 0
Back