Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to start developing an MMORPG Server Emulator

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I know C ++, Java, what do I need to create a server emulator for yourself. Please let me know, thanks.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I suggest staring by reading document.

TL;DR

You need to know how sockets and networking works.

Then you need to figure out how the game communicates (TCP, UDP, port(s)) with its servers, after that you need to figure out the protocols (known as the message structures).

After you have got that you simulate the network output like the original servers do.

A tip for new people, try to hard code the packet responses so you get into the game. Once you get into the game then stop the current project and start again from scratch and keep the first project as a reference. This time you start replacing the hard code structures with your emulated ones.
Good luck

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Taiga
Thank you for posting that. I was getting on to ask how to tell the difference between request packets from the client. I'm currently trying to build a server for SUN.

Upvote 0
Back