Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Sword Art Online MMORPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
elmasmalo1 - Sword Art Online MMORPG? - RaGEZONE Forums
Hey guys, I don't know if you have watched the series of this awesome cool anime, it's in a nutshell an anime of a real-life styled MMORPG, per-say, so there is this guy, he is the main character (protagonist) and he plays a online MMORPG game called Sword Art Online, and this game is playable by putting a helmet on, and then you can access that game through "virtual reality" but what people doesn't know is that this helmet is connected "directly" into players brains, and well... It's a pretty cool anime I don't want to spoil it over if no one has watched it yet, You gotta watch it by your own, I promise, you will be likely to fall in love with it XD

So yeah I got fevered up, and would like to see if it's a game out there that has this specific characteristics of this game, like, for example people in-game are very friendly, they got guilds and all that stuff, and well, the most captivating feature of the Sword Art Online, is the one I'm looking for in a real MMORPG out there (Don't mention Runescape), and that is to 'REALLY' blacksmith, like there is a community that depends on Blacksmiths, and so forth, so I was just wondering that.

Does someone really knows about a game with such details? I'm really thankful if someone helps me out in this quest :D

The main reason I'm looking for a game like this, is that I'm already tired of all day long seeing games like... Runescape to mention ones with these features, but I would like to play one very similar, if not, at least closer to what I have described to you guys.

Last edited:
Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ohh god, if Runescape is the game you've wasted your time on and compare other games with, you'll have a huge list to pick from.

I've watched SWO myself, and it's a awesome anime. Probably the best one I've seen. I'd suggest you looking into some nicer games, light themed, and not dark themed. ( I've played Flyff most of my game time. Although it's a good game, it's also very old. You'll find private servers that are better than the original game, so have a look at gtop. )

Have fun! :)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ohh god, if Runescape is the game you've wasted your time on and compare other games with...

Not the actually one I'm focusing on, and I've cleared that out already, I meant to say, that, in other words I know that games like Runescape have the features I'm looking for, but since I don't like that game, I said that, so it's not something which I was like wasting my time on it, cuz I played it, NEVER!!! ahahah, so already clarified.

Well thanks for pointing out GTOP but, I wanted to know different opinions from other people, I have never tried Linage or Guild Wars, Perfect World maybe?, do they have those features?

My goal is to make the MMORPG like this one :)

Yes! It would be pretty awesome :D Once I saw only the first season of SAO I was amazed and got fevered up ajahaha

Upvote 0
Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Perfect World is also a great game. I've only played Forsaken World, but I've seen many videos of Perfect World. It looks like a nice game, and alike SWO in some ways. You should try it out, and give us your opinion of it.

:)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Perfect World is also a great game. I've only played Forsaken World, but I've seen many videos of Perfect World. It looks like a nice game, and alike SWO in some ways. You should try it out, and give us your opinion of it.

In fact Perfect World is in my list now :D I should try it and get back with results :D

Upvote 0
Orang Asli - Semai - 华人
Loyal Member
Reaction score

hey !
aion also cool man !
got wing also and can fly XD
but the client is stupid big ~

Upvote 0
Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
SAO is awful. Srsly. dot hack pls....

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
SAO and .//Hack are both epic, in terms of games that can deliver the game style, collect and make everything from scratch etc... the game with the best job skills i played was DragonRaja, sadly it was 2D, although id give my left nut for a updated version of the game, keeping everything else the same job skills, classes and skills etc... and only changing the graphics etc.

So in short 0x90, if your goal is to make a game like SAO id learn how to make a basic game first.

P.S: This post might be on the wrong section?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
SAO and .//Hack are both epic, in terms of games that can deliver the game style, collect and make everything from scratch etc... the game with the best job skills i played was DragonRaja, sadly it was 2D, although id give my left nut for a updated version of the game, keeping everything else the same job skills, classes and skills etc... and only changing the graphics etc.

So in short 0x90, if your goal is to make a game like SAO id learn how to make a basic game first.

P.S: This post might be on the wrong section?

The objective of the thread is to let others share experiences with me, so I can pick up a game which has similar characteristics of SAO, I'm not planning on making a game (for now) I'm not that interested, It's just too much, and I would have to take business management and start a kickstarter project, and then trying to hunt down to get a signature from a venture capital company :> It's just too much for now XD I would just like to start playing the one that has the closest characteristics I'm looking for, instead making one from scratch :D also, I saw DragonRaja but damn, :\ Those graphics xD, It's like going back to Age of Empires days XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would think Aion is the closest one to SAO...
SAO has a housing system, which is really similar with Aion, you get your own house & decorate it, some level of houses as well, like just a flat, a house, a mansion, or even a palace...

Some differences that i know, is Aion take place in a world, meanwhile SAO take place in a tower, and then SAO has a marriage system which will allow storage sharing, this is not possible in Aion since Aion DOESNT have a marriage system, unless you play in a private server which have marriage feature, but this will benefit you with some commands (recalling your partner or so), other feature of the marriage is a name tag, you got something like A <3 B

Bossing system is probably almost similar, most of the boss in SAO take place in something like an instance, the difference is only that in SAO, the instance is a boss only area, meanwhile in Aion, instance is more like a dungeon, but yea you can only enter instance with a party.

Another difference is SAO can't fly, Aion can, SAO doesn't have race war, Aion does, SAO doesn't have magic, Aion does...

Lets see... what else... humm...

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would think Aion is the closest one to SAO...
SAO has a housing system, which is really similar with Aion, you get your own house & decorate it, some level of houses as well, like just a flat, a house, a mansion, or even a palace...

Some differences that i know, is Aion take place in a world, meanwhile SAO take place in a tower, and then SAO has a marriage system which will allow storage sharing, this is not possible in Aion since Aion DOESNT have a marriage system, unless you play in a private server which have marriage feature, but this will benefit you with some commands (recalling your partner or so), other feature of the marriage is a name tag, you got something like A <3 B

Bossing system is probably almost similar, most of the boss in SAO take place in something like an instance, the difference is only that in SAO, the instance is a boss only area, meanwhile in Aion, instance is more like a dungeon, but yea you can only enter instance with a party.

Another difference is SAO can't fly, Aion can, SAO doesn't have race war, Aion does, SAO doesn't have magic, Aion does...

Lets see... what else... humm...

Nice! Very informative your post, I have checked out Aion but, Meh... It's not the type of MMORPG I'm looking for, I'm messing around with Mabinogi already thanks for all of you for helping me out :D

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mabinogi??
That's the first time ever i have heard of it...

What do you mean you're messing with it??
Playing it? Or messing with the engine??

*googling for mabinogi*

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mabinogi??
That's the first time ever i have heard of it...

What do you mean you're messing with it??
Playing it? Or messing with the engine??

*googling for mabinogi*

Playing, buddy, playing...

I started playing it but sadly I had to stop playing it, i was experiencing a few issues with the game hackshield engine and i sent a ticket to the tech support, but starting fom that, the staff is horrible the ticket was auto-closed, and got a reply with a generic answer to resolve the issue but as i followd all the steps, none of them worked, the staff never replied, .... :(((

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i think it would be cool, if a swordgame MMO incorporated the gameplay mechanics of the clasic Pc game Daikatana. With an updated gameplay mechanic this mmo would absolutely kick butt. There also was a free to Play Game about swordplay/ swordfights that featured geneticaly enhanced Animals,. IT sounded ridicoulus but was a lot of fund. Gas anyone heard of that game? i checked all kind of sites for this title like but could never find it

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Playing, buddy, playing...

I started playing it but sadly I had to stop playing it, i was experiencing a few issues with the game hackshield engine and i sent a ticket to the tech support, but starting fom that, the staff is horrible the ticket was auto-closed, and got a reply with a generic answer to resolve the issue but as i followd all the steps, none of them worked, the staff never replied, .... :(((

Probably the game was a lot more disappointing then what it should be...
And btw, i found out there's a project out there making a Mabinogi Emulator,
Althou i still have yet to find out how good the engine is, and what to do with it... x.x

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back