Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Toontown] Private Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey guys is it possible to make a toontown private server?

What do you need to do to make a private server?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I highly doubt it, and seeing as it is from Disney I wouldn't even go there. Plus it is a kids game why on earth would you wanna run a copy of that?
So what if it's Disney? I don't wanna run a copy for me it's for everyone especially those who don't wanna pay membership. Who cares if it's Disney? Legal threats are not gonna scare me.

And my accounts keeps getting terminated for no reason. I have had over 40 accounts banned and 2 membership accounts banned for no reason. So can anyone help? I'm doing this for everyone not just me. So many players get their accounts terminated for no reason.

Disney is banning innocent people. I also want to add new features and addons in the game to make the gameplay more enjoyable and attract more people. I also want to get people who quit the game to play and people to cancel their memberships to play this game instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So what if it's Disney? I don't wanna run a copy for me it's for everyone especially those who don't wanna pay membership. Who cares if it's Disney? Legal threats are not gonna scare me.

If you want to play this and you cant pay membership, you should definitely be afraid of legal threats.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you want to play this and you cant pay membership, you should definitely be afraid of legal threats.

Compared to the money that they make off of TV Shows, Films, Amusement Parks, Merchandise, etc. It wouldn't make a difference. One game compared to everything they make off of. They make a lot more money than they do with toontown. Bill Gates has more money than them but he's not asking for more. They only made a couple million dollars off the game compared to the billions of dollars they make every year. So I wouldn't be worried about it. Everything they make will pay off. They'll make a lot more money without that game. This game should have been free to play. Team Fortress 2 used to be pay to play and look at them now, they're making a lot more money ever since it was Free to Play.

Easy to make for it an emulator , but it needs some time .

well just stick with Disney better than runs a new server ~ my opinion ...

Well what do you need to do? What program do you need to run? If it's so easy then help me?

ON TOPIC: Is it possible to make a toontown private server?

Upvote 0
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Compared to the money that they make off of TV Shows, Films, Amusement Parks, Merchandise, etc. It wouldn't make a difference. One game compared to everything they make off of. They make a lot more money than they do with toontown. Bill Gates has more money than them but he's not asking for more. They only made a couple million dollars off the game compared to the billions of dollars they make every year. So I wouldn't be worried about it. Everything they make will pay off. They'll make a lot more money without that game. This game should have been free to play. Team Fortress 2 used to be pay to play and look at them now, they're making a lot more money ever since it was Free to Play.

Just because they probably won't sue you doesn't mean you shouldn't be afraid of it. You obviously wouldn't be able to pay the heavy fines if they actually did sue you, so your parents would(assuming you're under 18, which I assume is the case).

Well what do you need to do? What program do you need to run? If it's so easy then help me?

It's not "easy", it takes a lot of time and dedication, but it is possible. If you don't have prior reverse engineering(or coding) experience, I'd say around 300hours to make the base of an emulator for an MMORPG. Unless there are PDBs leaked or something, but I don't think that's the case.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just because they probably won't sue you doesn't mean you shouldn't be afraid of it. You obviously wouldn't be able to pay the heavy fines if they actually did sue you, so your parents would(assuming you're under 18, which I assume is the case).

It's not "easy", it takes a lot of time and dedication, but it is possible. If you don't have prior reverse engineering(or coding) experience, I'd say around 300hours to make the base of an emulator for an MMORPG. Unless there are PDBs leaked or something, but I don't think that's the case.

You can make a world of warcraft private server in 15 minutes and you don't have to reverse engineer it at all. All I know is the game is coded in python and is made in Panda 3D which is coded in C++. I have the Panda 3D files if that could help. You can't even get the source code of the game anyway it's closed source.

If you mean PDB as a Python Debugger I can tell you that the game an exploit called the Python Injector which can execute scripts and python extensions into the game process and modify the game. It can tamper with the toontown codes & strings.
Click this for more info

For example: I can crash servers and make my toon swim. I can also walk through walls and run really fast. I wouldn't be to do that without the python injector. It's kind of like a hack but you can modify and add things in the game that you wouldn't normally be able to do. You can make a lot of hacks, lands and lots of things with it it doesn't have to be a hack.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
bump!

ON TOPIC: Is it possible to make a toontown private server? How do you make a toontown private server?

Upvote 0
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can make a world of warcraft private server in 15 minutes and you don't have to reverse engineer it at all. All I know is the game is coded in python and is made in Panda 3D which is coded in C++. I have the Panda 3D files if that could help. You can't even get the source code of the game anyway it's closed source.

If you mean PDB as a Python Debugger I can tell you that the game an exploit called the Python Injector which can execute scripts and python extensions into the game process and modify the game. It can tamper with the toontown codes & strings.
Click this for more info

For example: I can crash servers and make my toon swim. I can also walk through walls and run really fast. I wouldn't be to do that without the python injector. It's kind of like a hack but you can modify and add things in the game that you wouldn't normally be able to do. You can make a lot of hacks, lands and lots of things with it it doesn't have to be a hack.

You can only build a WoW pserver because the World of Warcraft emulators were ALREADY built by a group of experienced and dedicated individuals... Come on this is common sense. I've never heard of any toontown emulators, so you'll have to make your own. I answered your question already. It's possible, but difficult and time consuming. Are you willing to put in 300hours+ of hard work to get an emulator running? If so, then maybe I could give you some tips.

Also, you need to work with source code(emu) or stolen server binaries. You may have the client binaries on your computer, but the server is running ones that can't be obtained without either stealing, or emulating.

Upvote 0
Reaction score

Its EASY but as mootie told ya its going to take a looooooong time , why bothering to take all your time in this project + Disney will straight going to open a CASE :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Its EASY but as mootie told ya its going to take a looooooong time , why bothering to take all your time in this project + Disney will straight going to open a CASE :)

They won't know if it was kept confidential. Besides I said I didn't care what they would do and I doubt they would do it. A threat is a threat. I doubt they will act on it, it's just a kind of tactics corporations use to scare you and it works 80% of the time. People will actually believe them :p.

Can you help cause I'm definitely in for this.

PM or post :p

If it's so easy then why don't you do it?

Also, you need to work with source code(emu) or stolen server binaries. You may have the client binaries on your computer, but the server is running ones that can't be obtained without either stealing, or emulating.
If you mean the game files, then yes I can grab them. I can grab the .jpgs, music, models, materials and .bam files that cannot be obtained within the game's directories, they're called the toontown phase files. You have to download their Engine in order to get it and extract it to your computer. It's easy. The source code I'm not sure about. For World of Warcraft, I'm a little surprised how people even managed to obtain the source code of a closed source game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
bump

On Topic: How do you make a toontown server and is it possible?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
They won't know if it was kept confidential. Besides I said I didn't care what they would do and I doubt they would do it. A threat is a threat. I doubt they will act on it, it's just a kind of tactics corporations use to scare you and it works 80% of the time. People will actually believe them :p.

Can you help cause I'm definitely in for this.

PM or post :p

If it's so easy then why don't you do it?

If you mean the game files, then yes I can grab them. I can grab the .jpgs, music, models, materials and .bam files that cannot be obtained within the game's directories, they're called the toontown phase files. You have to download their Engine in order to get it and extract it to your computer. It's easy. The source code I'm not sure about. For World of Warcraft, I'm a little surprised how people even managed to obtain the source code of a closed source game.

He doesn't do it because it actually isn't quite as easy as he is making it seem. Emulating a server is a very difficult, time consuming task. It requires heavy knowledge of programming, and reverse engineering, two things I doubt you have because if you did this thread wouldn't even exist. Everything you have been talking about for this entire thread is useless to creating an emulated server for toontown. WoW emulators have existed since 2004 and even a little before that, so that is 8 years of progression in that scene. Nobody had WoW source code, nobody has even seen the WoW source code (outside of blizz). It is quite obvious you have no idea what to do to emulate retail server software. You need to not only reverse any packet encryption that Disney has put onto their service, but you then need to reverse every single packet structure that exists in the game, given you are even able to get to that, you have to fix bugs, create scripts for events ingame, and anything else that may possibly happen in the game. So I will tell you what I tell all aspiring emulator developers who have no experience, give up, the scope of an emulated server is far beyond someone who has zero programming and reversing experience. I don't mean to be an idiot, but everything I have said is the truth.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I've looked into this, doesn't seem hard at all. Packets are in Python. For example, base.localAvatar.setMaxHp(137), this would work if sent from the server to the player.
The client auth isn't difficult, it's web based. Meaning, the client looks to the website to see if the account exists, and then logs in with that. Most of the info is web based. The version check also, it's not a packet like Maplestory, it simply has md5 hash for each file and checks which version it matches with. I'm not too good at this, so I'm not sure if the packets would be sent in Python, or little endian like Maplestory, because WPE gets hex packets that don't translate to Python, yet the IDA version of the client suggests it looks for Python. Anyway, Toontown doesn't have many features, so it would be very easy to update, and changing the version of the server simply consists of gaining the new .ver file to verify the new updated files. I would like the server to be emulated with Java, since I know it best and it's easiest to understand and develop in.
The structure of the server is also quite easy. Of course, I'm comparing this all to Maplestory, since it's the only other emulated game I've had experience in. The game is Login and District. Since there are no different worlds, it makes things much easier.
The login seems very similar to the v88 redirector. This is because you log in through a launcher, and go straight to character selection (or channel selection for Maplestory). So you could make or use something like that, but instead of MapleStory.exe you would use Toontown.exe (The actual game, not the launcher).

Well yeah. I would like to see a Toontown private server sometime, it would be really cool. With 10x EXP rate it would be very fun :]
I hope someone could get into this, it surprises me that a 10 year old game with a small amount of features, a lot of players, and an easy web auth has no private server.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Support++;

I have talked to good toontown hackers before who have actually attempted, and I think are still attempting at making their private server work. But then again I doubt they have much experience in private servers, since it's completely different from hacking. Point is they said it was not as easy as it seems to get the "signed encryption" or something like that, I'm not too good at this stuff though lol.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Support++;

I have talked to good toontown hackers before who have actually attempted, and I think are still attempting at making their private server work. But then again I doubt they have much experience in private servers, since it's completely different from hacking. Point is they said it was not as easy as it seems to get the "signed encryption" or something like that, I'm not too good at this stuff though lol.

Yes I'm a Toontown hacker, and I think it would be awesome, but I'm not sure what signed encryption is :p
I know Toontown is 100% Python (Panda3D), which may or may not make it python packets.
I don't see why it could be so hard, v116 servers for Maplestory are out easily, and they have SO many features. Toontown really has so little features that you could code a full source in a week. The tasks may be a different story, but it seems so easy!

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Yes I'm a Toontown hacker, and I think it would be awesome, but I'm not sure what signed encryption is :p
I know Toontown is 100% Python (Panda3D), which may or may not make it python packets.
I don't see why it could be so hard, v116 servers for Maplestory are out easily, and they have SO many features. Toontown really has so little features that you could code a full source in a week. The tasks may be a different story, but it seems so easy!

Key word: Seems. I used to be a Toontown hacker as well, but I've moved on from that game. I'd definitely like to see a TT server be made :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back