Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Toontown] Private Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey guys is it possible to make a toontown private server?

What do you need to do to make a private server?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I highly doubt it, and seeing as it is from Disney I wouldn't even go there. Plus it is a kids game why on earth would you wanna run a copy of that?

If Disney does nothing about Club Penguin servers, why would it do something about ToonTown? Club Penguin is more popular

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
About the reason, it's mostly that Disney does not give a single f about the players.

You can't import Phase2.pyd directly to look into the structure... it's a disappointment. However, from all the cracking codes lying around on the internet you can build the protocol. It's not that hard.

I'm a really old Toontown hacker, even before the injector came I would play around with their patching and playtoken systems. It's really easy to redirect the patcher and the login servers, yes.

If anybody needs anything they can PM me.

(Also, Toontown is not 100% Python. 75% yes, but their OTP implementation looks Pyrex/C to me.)

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hmm if this was setup I'd probably play once for the shits and gigs because I always wanted to play that when I was younger but I never did get round to it lol and I ain't paying to play some crappy kiddy game now.

I highly doubt it, and seeing as it is from Disney I wouldn't even go there. Plus it is a kids game why on earth would you wanna run a copy of that?

Club Penguin is a kids game and there are private servers for that.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
About the reason, it's mostly that Disney does not give a single f about the players.

You can't import Phase2.pyd directly to look into the structure... it's a disappointment. However, from all the cracking codes lying around on the internet you can build the protocol. It's not that hard.

I'm a really old Toontown hacker, even before the injector came I would play around with their patching and playtoken systems. It's really easy to redirect the patcher and the login servers, yes.

If anybody needs anything they can PM me.

(Also, Toontown is not 100% Python. 75% yes, but their OTP implementation looks Pyrex/C to me.)

I made a redirector already :] I was so proud. I emulated the download servers, so that I don't need to update the server for every TT update (it was just copying of a file). I'm not sure how to emulate the login server just yet, cause these "Login Tokens", I don't really know what they are right now, so I'll figure that out later. But I REALLY need help just starting a base to create the actual server emulator (Which I'm aiming to make in C#, possibly Java). The reason I need help is 1) I don't know how to create a python packet sender in either one and 2) For whatever reason, I can't fathom how to create a server emulator, mainly because I don't understand how a client would know where to look in the server for information.

If anyone is looking to form a team, I'm definitely in. We could make the first Toontown emulator :]

Hmm if this was setup I'd probably play once for the shits and gigs because I always wanted to play that when I was younger but I never did get round to it lol and I ain't paying to play some crappy kiddy game now.

Club Penguin is a kids game and there are private servers for that.

It's not crappy nor a kids game. You have to look past the whole toon theme, even though I like it, but it's actually fun and really difficult. It may seem like throw pies and the cogs die, but it requires tons of strategy, which means you need a brain to be good. Kids are really bad at the game and us good players tend to stay away from them, and since they most likely won't get past 50ish laff, we don't really need them ever.

Come on people, it's ridiculous how this game is almost 10 years old, and no one has even gone past the thought of developing an emulator. Some games have an emulator less than a year after launch, and this is an easy one, yet no one seems to want to create an emulator for it... I don't see why.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
No not c sharp or java. I would use python as the base with panda3d as the packet building library and twisted for networking

Login server is currently a mystery since we don't really know how BLUES and playtokens are built. (base128?) Download server is just file hosting, nothing fancy.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
No not c sharp or java. I would use python as the base with panda3d as the packet building library and twisted for networking

Login server is currently a mystery since we don't really know how BLUES and playtokens are built. (base128?) Download server is just file hosting, nothing fancy.

I emulated download server. Hardly, you just download the patch file you're using so that Toontown won't automatically update :3
I also got the client to look to 127.0.0.1 for a server, which was also SO easy.

I'm also unsure how playtokens work, they're 640 characters, so it's not like Sha or anything I don't think.

And using Python as a base seems good, just that now I need to learn another language :p I suppose it shouldn't be too hard, if it's anything like Toontown hacking, it will be fairly easy. I suppose we can figure things out later :D

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
bumping this thread, I really hope we can get our own private server. Just reviving this thread and have seen a lot of changes, I didn't notice some of you would take this thread seriously. That would be great if you can get a server to work. We honestly hate getting terminated by Disney and this would just be another way to get rid of all that poop once for and all, Disney will no longer be bothering innocent users. Veteran players from way back will probably think about playing the game if we can get this to work, and Luca it is not as easy as you think, Club Penguin was easy to make because it didn't have an OTP server. If Disney sends a cease a desist letter, just tell them to duck off because they can't do jack poop.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm interested in this project, as well. It would be great if a private server could be made. For once, TT could finally see some new updates.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Pretty sure you can get 1 month of free toontown membership from re doing disney movie club signup stuff.
You just sign up reguarly, watch the vids on diff accounts, and you get unlimited membership.
Worked for me when I was 10

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Pretty sure you can get 1 month of free toontown membership from re doing disney movie club signup stuff.
You just sign up reguarly, watch the vids on diff accounts, and you get unlimited membership.
Worked for me when I was 10
No longer available.

Upvote 0

Maz

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I used to play this game so often, i'd always get sidetracked because i was playing WoW or GW and took them over TT. I wish there was a private server though, damn that would be fun.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
ToonTown is fun at start but if you play and play.... make 10000000 quests... kill 1000000000 robots... is borring ><

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I had a lot of fun because the quests weren't such a main point, more the social part about this game. Co-Oping with four players and planning strategic moves made this game a lot more deep.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I had a lot of fun because the quests weren't such a main point, more the social part about this game. Co-Oping with four players and planning strategic moves made this game a lot more deep.

The game itself, being a childs game though, had alot of fun stuff. Co-op play, building raids, in street fights, there's alot of social aspects in the game and alot is needed really to play it well. Although you don't have too much of a range of customization and such, you can still have a poop ton of fun in toontown with alot of people playing.

A private serv would be nice.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The game itself, being a childs game though, had alot of fun stuff. Co-op play, building raids, in street fights, there's alot of social aspects in the game and alot is needed really to play it well. Although you don't have too much of a range of customization and such, you can still have a poop ton of fun in toontown with alot of people playing.

A private serv would be nice.

We're trying ATM, in the examining stage I'd say. So far we've discovered ALOT. I think we even have enough to start, and possibly get some parts working.
We were stuck on login/play tokens, but we seem to have all the information about them, if the info is correct (Which we're not sure of).
Hopefully one day we'll be able to play on a PSTT, it would be really great :p

Upvote 0
Reaction score
We're trying ATM, in the examining stage I'd say. So far we've discovered ALOT. I think we even have enough to start, and possibly get some parts working.
We were stuck on login/play tokens, but we seem to have all the information about them, if the info is correct (Which we're not sure of).
Hopefully one day we'll be able to play on a PSTT, it would be really great :p

(thumbs up)
nice work.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Likewise here. If you need some beta testers, give me a ring. :laugh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back