Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

鬼话钟馗 Game Client editing needs ADVICE / HELP

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys... there is some project I've started to work on... And I found one beautiful thing- all the texts in this game are editeable and translate able.
Waht I met as a big trouble- is client translating. Dunno how translate the interface (like buttons etc).
f2AlpNZ - 鬼话钟馗 Game Client editing needs ADVICE / HELP - RaGEZONE Forums

RED marked things- Easy translateable.
GREEN marked- Interface things, no idea HOW.

Screen of program for translating the texsts:
dAbo5Vc - 鬼话钟馗 Game Client editing needs ADVICE / HELP - RaGEZONE Forums

Programm is opening all the texts found in game... then packs translated files into dat0001.pkf

Something is telling me it's not that hard cause chinese devs are editing the interface somehow... Changing basically anything they want and adding stuff as well.

Interface is packed into this file, I think... not sure, but it looks like so.
6r5a999 - 鬼话钟馗 Game Client editing needs ADVICE / HELP - RaGEZONE Forums

Not sure, but I could not find any way to open int0001.pkf ... maybe with same program, but can't o that somehow.

Game is damn easy to edit from server side, program to do that included as well...
So basically the question is, can someone please help me to get how to edit client side?
If any other info needs to be provided- feel free to ask. I'm pretty sure it won;t take too much time from knowing person.
Release from viet guys:

Contains client and server side on virtual machine.
GM tool can be got here from me, if you will have interests.
Looking for answers, guys, please don't keep silence.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi TylerWin go to baidu.com, enter "PackFile.bat dat00001.pkf", you have 5 forums in response who have tuto and tool to extract .pkf files.
I hope you find what you search :D:

Reactions: DNC
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi @TylerWin go to baidu.com, enter "PackFile.bat dat00001.pkf", you have 5 forums in response who have tuto and tool to extract .pkf files.
I hope you find what you search :D:

Hi, I have pack programm already... but I actually need to unpack all the other pkf files ) There is the trouble ) Thanks anyway.

UPDATE! Found a way to translate the client. The program needed for that and I found it...
GfAxF1h - 鬼话钟馗 Game Client editing needs ADVICE / HELP - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i want tool to extract .pkf files

well... it's sold for 600RMB on chinese websites... I got demo version for free. Will work 2 weeks. And the demo key is bound to machine it's used on. So demo key is working only on my PC unfortunally (
I was looking for this programm like for last 6 days.. try to google chinese internet to feel how much pain it is XD
Well... If there are the people willing to work on this game translation, I would release all the files... Except of pkf extractor... it won't work on any other PC than mine cause of key. The guy I got that demo is developing some awesome game server now... But, they want 1k EUR for server files. For 1k EUR they will give server files and all you need to launch the game + free further updates... So, I will prolly start 2 new threads soon on this forum. The game they are selling for 1000EUR is damn worth it. Pity it's too expencive for 1 person.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
well... it's sold for 600RMB on chinese websites... I got demo version for free. Will work 2 weeks. And the demo key is bound to machine it's used on. So demo key is working only on my PC unfortunally (
I was looking for this programm like for last 6 days.. try to google chinese internet to feel how much pain it is XD
Well... If there are the people willing to work on this game translation, I would release all the files... Except of pkf extractor... it won't work on any other PC than mine cause of key. The guy I got that demo is developing some awesome game server now... But, they want 1k EUR for server files. For 1k EUR they will give server files and all you need to launch the game + free further updates... So, I will prolly start 2 new threads soon on this forum. The game they are selling for 1000EUR is damn worth it. Pity it's too expencive for 1 person.
you have server files of this game ?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do you know how to edit the language in the game or not . TylerWin
Yes, I do... Not the easiest work... But I already have nice collection of Photoshop files with partly translated buttons... russian... but partly.
you have server files of this game ?
Yes, I have...And proper client as well. Wanna I release that?
I would say I would release it if I would find some guys are okay to work together on translation.

Okay guys... I have some serious question here about translation:
Server and client are using same files. Here is the screen of those files:
TylerWin - 鬼话钟馗 Game Client editing needs ADVICE / HELP - RaGEZONE Forums

I have a tool to open them correctly... after opening them it looks like that:

The table sizes are editable with same tool:

And now the Problem: Chinese language is much more shorter than ENG or RUS.
So after translating the written things the table goes wrong and game client showing it wrong.
Rows and cells mix,,, content mix...
If I try to edit row length with same tool:
This happens:

So guys... this is the main trouble I met while translating this game. If this question will be solved = Game can be translated to any language without any trouble. so... requesting some serious help here. Otherwise it will be DAMN hard to translate the whole game... Game is damn worth to be translated and released, seriously. If there are any interested persons- I would share this game + client + tools + website engine.

Okay guys... next question can be easier or harder... dunno what you will say:
Game has 3 fonts in client folder... logically- game is displayed on those fonts. How do I change the fonts? Cause it's awfull thing what those fonts do with cyrillics... The "just replace font files" thingie does not work... what shall I do? Requesting help from some people, that have experience by localizing chinese games from 0. Thanks.

EDIT! Guys... are there any HEX pros? ) Would like to rebuild the EXE setup... Wanna change exe language settings only... Is it damn real? )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back