Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Amigo - A project I started a while ago

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello RaGEZONE,

I am wanting some help and making this development thread. What I am creating is called Amigo, I started it a while ago and never did a lot on it and someone told me to continue because they loved the functions but unfortunately I lost everything so I have to start from scratch. So I am asking to have some help I can't take more than 4, I may take more IF and only If needed

Thanks

CoolDocterWho/Pkamara

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Amigo is a social network and It is to be written in PHP, HTML, Jquery and maybe phython and c++ for an app version

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Vibetribe I know you to be very wise, so what should I program it in?

It would be nice to see anybody starting a social network in a object oriented type safe high language instead of scripting. As .NET developer I recommend ASP.NET (VB.NET / C#) of course, but there are other systems, too. A good programming language is java, too. So if you do not like Microsoft you should check out JavaServer Pages (JSP). (Sadly, those languages / systems take longer to learn for newbies, but they are more structured and extendable due a clean OOP design.)

However, when using ASP.NET together with MSSQL you are able to work with the EntityFramework that is pretty neat. It allows you to use lambda expressions or simple linq methods to work with your database instead of writing plain SQL code that is dangerous and not easy to handle as language in another language.

I would even prefer Python or Ruby instead of PHP. And if you can not avoid to "script" the mother of PHP is still better, it's Perl (Perl CGI).

Try to avoid uncommon systems that work complete different to any other type of programming, such as coldfusion. With .NET or JSP, you will be the closest to similar OO development on simple execution software, so even when it cost more time to learn and build applications from scratch you gonna learn it the common way.

Why any professional high language and not any script language?
The fact you want to build a social website should lead you to no script language. You need something that is easy to maintain, even when it cost more time to build it. Otherwise you will lose the overview anytime and the whole thing will mess you up and become dirty that will be proven by bad loading times and hidden errors. Building a good design is hard on script languages, this is mostly given when you learn about more tier solutions in OOP. You need something that is even good debug-able, something that is solid and won't suppress any hidden bad behaviors.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wouldn't say there's no market. Instagram pretty much came out of the blue and look where its at now.

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why amigo? My work was previously called Whoamigo and you took a lot of interest in my project.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why amigo? My work was previously called Whoamigo and you took a lot of interest in my project.
Ha LOL I started mine in 2010 but gave up and I don't copy peoples projects the name Amigo was given to me in my MFL classes and I used that and started it I had one open everyone at school used my beta of Amigo and said they loved the name and I deleted it in 2013 may 18th! So I'm sorry but I did not copy yours as Amigowho doesn't sound nice (no offence)

Web Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
WhoAmigo and you told me you were 13 years old? and you've posted it all over the forums. You're saying you have been developing a social network for 3 years now? Since 10 years old? Your previous project was made out purely of CSS work found over the web. Try and actually learn something.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Amigo is a social network and It is to be written in PHP, HTML, Jquery and maybe phython and c++ for an app version
Umm sorry but how do you intend to manage the users and their information etc...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Umm sorry but how do you intend to manage the users and their information etc...

That comes in with php which is with mysql

WhoAmigo and you told me you were 13 years old? and you've posted it all over the forums. You're saying you have been developing a social network for 3 years now? Since 10 years old? Your previous project was made out purely of CSS work found over the web. Try and actually learn something.

I did tell you I was 12 but you didn't check properly and yes and I can program but when I get stuck I start to look on the internet and find a good template

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score

I did tell you I was 12 but you didn't check properly and yes and I can program but when I get stuck I start to look on the internet and find a good template

You can *program* but when you get stuck, you find a free template? :ehh:

Google's your best-friend, use it to research your errors, therefore it can help you with what your stuck on.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
PHP is not with MySQL and MySQL is not with PHP. They might be seen as twins that walk hand in hand, but they're two independent languages (for different systems) to each other. Or what do you think why SQL injection is possible?

Using templates will avoid the progress of learning. Usually when I find any templates in the web I write them down on my way understanding whats going on instead of copying and pasting. I build my own system and look for improvements, I learn what I steal if I really have to steal.

Yes, "why to invent the wheel again?" you may ask now? On professional development (where you get paid for every working hour) it's pretty fine to use any systems other programmers programmed already. But on learning progress (you still have 6 - 10 years, happily much to become a real development professional) you should invent the wheel tons of times on different ways on your non paid projects.

Even I catch myself rewriting a lot of things to improve it's performance, security and compatibility. One year ago I jumped over my shadow learning java script on a serious way. After a month the result was to rewrite over 2 thousand lines java script of my code to something shorter and more cleaner, because I did it the horrible way before. So, even If I wasted the time on the productivity way before, the result is better and now I know how to do it right.

Regarding your age and skills: Even If your age is very low, there is no need to use this as reason for releasing stuff and expecting others to be careful with you. As non programmer (yes, I do call you that) and as child, you should not release anything that other newbies might read because it's bad programming and will lead them into the wrong direction. In fact your position here is looking other well programmed projects and learning from it like the other beginners, perhaps ask some questions. That's all.

The best is you would understand to count and calculate the world of the binary number system as first, hexadecimal as next. Then you should lead to C doing ugly console programming, then you will learn what's really behind the scene. Do not take this as attack, everybody starts small and I'm happy to see there is a 12 years old boy/girl who got interests in programming.

Take it as constructive critism.

Sincerely, VibeTribe

Last edited:
Back