Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Bootstrap] LiCMS [MySQLi, PHP]

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello there,

LiCMS is a CMS I've been working on and its coded in PHP and MySQLi.
Its not finished, and the only reason I'm releasing it while its unfinished, is because I'm sick of the code. While working on this project, I learnt a lot more OOP, and realized I can do better, a lot better.

This CMS isn't worth much if its not finished.

Original Plan
Users can register
Create articles
Comment on Articles
Give Likes
Members List
Articles List
Homes/Profiles
Admin Panel

Completed Stuff
Users can register & login
Members List
Articles List
Profiles/Homes
Contact Page
About Page
User Settings

How to set this up
Upload the files inside the folder "LiCMS"
Edit the config.php file in the Manage Folder
Import the sql "db.sql" to your database
And you're done.

Just had to release this so I can work on my next project which, hopefully, is going to be better.

Screenshots
Index -
Register -
Me -
Newest Articles -
Member List -
Member Profile -

Download

I understand if you have no use for this project because its not finished, Just had to release this to put my full concentration on my new project.

Credits
Doctorate - Coding the CMS
Thomas Park - Bootstrap skin

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
It says "based on bootstrap", which leads on that it uses a similar idea as bootstrap. But actually this is powered by bootstrap. I don't like the registration, and you have possible SQL injections.. But I've seen much worse. One would actually have to think for a second before injecting this. $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] simply fetches a piece of information from the client browser, and may be forged to cause a SQL injection. I'm not sure if PHP actually checks any integrity of that data before loading it into $_SERVER.. Also, another possible injection can slide passed your Core::secure method, as you are not using any good escaping techniques... So they say that if your SQL database is some encoding other than ASCII, then there are characters PHP will not see (PHP only looks in the ASCII dimension, and has issues with any non-ASCII unicode characters). So there's a bug which a hacker can get passed add_slashes or mysql_escape_string, and escape out of the SQL query and do some complicated injection there. Though it all depends on the database encoding whether or not this will have an effect. But the attack is out there and well documented, don't ask me- I don't remember all this poop.. PHP sucks.

Anyway, um... I could be wrong on my facts, but there's some problem with add_slashes, PHP strings being ASCII C strings, and MySQL allowing several encodings.

As far as the OOP goes... It's not really object oriented. it uses objects, but is oriented around procedural logic- such as including procedural code inside of methods.. I mean, this could be much better implemented. I would consider it a passable procedural design for a beginner, though. Practice makes perfect.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well designed :)
I think i'm gonna work on it and see if i can fix it up a bit more.

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
To everyone saying "well designed". It looks just as generic as every other backend system designer, making use of Bootstrap as to aceelerate their front end developement. Ew.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I understand what you mean. This was my first project. I screwed up.
I only released this because I've started something new, and I can't concentrate 100% on it as I keep wanting to fix this.

@s-p-n, Thanks for some actual feedback,
I understand this isn't Object Oriented, I can assure you I have a better idea of OOP now.
As for the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] I don't understand what you mean.
+ Taken care of my strings on the new project.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
I understand what you mean. This was my first project. I screwed up.
I only released this because I've started something new, and I can't concentrate 100% on it as I keep wanting to fix this.

seems most ppl want to release their first creations to improve their motivation, but at the end nobody uses it. see ive programmed a base model for a working windows server and client chat programm via tcp and even via http connection endpoints. its pretty neat and i could do alot of more out of it. the point is, for what? i see tons of better programs on the market, so i program it just to learn, to see it works is enough motivation for me.

in my eyes, releasing anything makes only sense if the software provides something unique, something new that has not been seen. at the end everybody is free to release what ever he/she wants ofc, but this is your "first project". so it wont be well written in any case, programming isnt just a process to do and the result is fine to share. programming means to build stable optimal software, bug and exception free, layer oriented, object oriented, such practice costs alot of time to learn first.

in the moment ppl release things they mostly forget the responsibility, and php is the perfect seed for backdoors.
but feel free to do what u think of, just my two cents. :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice release but your missing something in memheader.php as I get this error
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in C:\xampp\htdocs\test\assets\memheader.php on line 86

r63

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Nice release but your missing something in memheader.php as I get this error
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in C:\xampp\htdocs\test\assets\memheader.php on line 86

Your fault not his.

r63

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
There's nothing on it, i checked it.

Just looked at the file, the only line which might throw an error would be
<li><a onclick="pageTracker._link(this.href); return false;" href="<?php echo($_CONFIG['site']['url'] . "/members.php");?>">Members</a></li>
if the php tag isn't closed or something

Back