Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

/Non-box/ - Fluid Message Board

Best Commu NA
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been working on a website for about 3 days now and I'm really happy with development. I'm a somewhat new CSS/Javascript user so the code still needs some tidying up. I'm learning all my web-development knowledge from the college I attend during the day, and work on the website at night. Not only is this site planning on being submitted as a final project, but I'd also like to get it up on a domain one day.

Basically, it started off as a buy/sell forum that slowly shifted into a really smooth and fluid message board. Over 100+ topics accessible without even touching your scrollwheel/scrollbar, and usable on (almost) any screen resolution.

I'm proud with how development is going and I'd like your feedback.
  • What attracts you to a website (message board in particular.)?
  • What are some inexpensive ways to bring in users?
  • What brought you to RaGEZONE?

If anyone would like to answer those questions, it would help me get a final look on to what I'd like on my website. Of course I don't expect this site to be popular, but I personally want it to look nice, that way I can show employers/friends what I've been working on for the past few weeks.
z0wLVNQ - /Non-box/ - Fluid Message Board - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
how can we review without testing url?

Use your imagination ..................... I'm kidding.

He does not want to post any, just had such questions:
I'm proud with how development is going and I'd like your feedback.
  • What attracts you to a website (message board in particular.)?
  • What are some inexpensive ways to bring in users?
  • What brought you to RaGEZONE?

However, there is no reason to post any screenshot when we cannot enter in any case.

My short answer to them:
  • Unique/simple designs, AJAX (no reload on any poop), interactive moving elements (JS), Full width usage on any device width (the requirements are high nowadays)
  • SEO, Ref systems, Promotions, Special events, Beta tester invites, Fast servers, No down times
  • A friend of a game, indirectly. It was just a forum with a simple design in the first place. This shows design and programming (whole systems) are not everything. The content makes it, too. However this depends on the use. A forum is people based, so the users posts counts more, while i.e. a video platform counts on the user videos, etc.. Other websites provide a service where content and website abilities are provided by the authors, here it's different. In this last case, ask yourself: What can I / we provide what others can not. Find something and protect the idea until it's protected, released and safe.

I was wondering "what does you care on us about the three questions?" in the first moment, Cure.
And I see, visit other sites and answer the questions yourself keeps one thing open that is called "It's all about the taste of the people?".
Just fix on your preferences for now: Why you like one more than the other, what do others have what you could miss. And what could be useful what you miss on other sites. Then think what could be important for others, who think completely different to you.

Before you can expect detailed suggestions you should provide any link to a demo project at least (when you are far enough).

Back