Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

My browser game in PHP

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello all, I just made a game ( for a school project ) in php. If you guys wanna check it out and give me some hints with improvement and so on I will appreciate.

Here is the link:

Future Updates:
(The updates are under tests on a local server. They will be realeased one by one soon enough)

- Instant battle results in quests changed. You will see the battle results just after the completion bar quest finish, there is also a timer. So when you make a quest a loading bar will appear. When the loading bar finish to load the quest is complete a confirmation reward screen appear and you can take another quest. If you go back when you make the quest the reward and battle results will be calculated but you won't be able to take another quest until the previous one is finished.

- New work system. You will be able to work for 2 hours for 200g. If you have to go somewhere and you can't do quests this will be a good way to make money. BUT NO EXPERIENCE. When you work you can't get any other quests.

- More items on shop will be available. Like hats, rings, more weapons/armors.

- New pvp. This time the enemies will be real players. Still no rewards.

- New gamble system.

- Mount system: Mounts will be used to reduce waiting time for quests.

- Level max will change to level 100.

Graphics ( NEED HELP ) :
I want to make a new look for the main city. A gif where clouds on the sky will move and the stars or sun shine. Also I want to replace the tavern also where in that gif 2/3 npcs to can click on each one :). If someone is really good in photoshop / flash / animation and wish to help me out with the design please PM me or add bogdan_wing@yahoo.com or skype: bogdan_wing

Screenshot.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Decent game.

Some improvements:
-Don't make each map a new php page, just put it all on the same php script,
then use includes/switches so you can just have it called within a php query string.
Ex: eldertales.hostei.com/game.php?map=woods
-Sanitize your login details, i was able to make a character containing ' and "

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Decent game.

Some improvements:
then use includes/switches so you can just have it called within a php query string.
-Sanitize your login details, i was able to make a character containing ' and "

Thanks for the reply, I did sanitize now the register page.

I will put all on the same php script soon enough

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Link is dead.

And I find it strange you can code in php but cant even figure out how to

A: Post in the correct section IE: Coding Paradise or Gaming sections.
B: Embed a picture. (Nevermind...you fixed it :))

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Link is dead.

And I find it strange you can code in php but cant even figure out how to

A: Post in the correct section IE: Coding Paradise or Gaming sections.
B: Embed a picture. (Nevermind...you fixed it :))

Well those sections have less views.. I think.

Link works for me tough it's hosted on 000webhost.

And I think I can post everything I want in this section :p .

Decent game.

Some improvements:

Thanks again for this info. I did change it like this with less connections now the speed really improved. ^_^ I appreciate.

Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/a7237247/public_html/reg.php on line 121

Free Web Hosting
Could not connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/a7237247/public_html/reg.php on line 121

Free Web Hosting
Could not connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

fixed, please try again :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Let me know if you want something other than a crappy free host, I can put you on one of my servers free of charge.

Nice, thanks for the offer. I would love to but not now. I must find someone to make some animations/gifs for me, so the game will look better.

Reaction score
Better design and javascript implement please?
your register script is highly annoying

Wrong Username or Password back
Code:
Wrong Username or Password <a href="index.html">back</a>
see the hyperlink issue? try it yourself

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
make an automatic redirect from register to login, it would be easier for the users. I suggest you take a good look at this open source game and analyze it, before you can continue with yours

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
make an automatic redirect from register to login, it would be easier for the users. I suggest you take a good look at this open source game and analyze it, before you can continue with yours

It's good but this game.. like mine.. miss that good "game" experience.. you know graphics.. some gifs animations.. make the game more dynamic. The games are different in some ways.. they have that map.. I have different explore system. The battle is almost the same :p.

Better design and javascript implement please?
your register script is highly annoying

Code:
Wrong Username or Password <a href="index.html">back</a>
see the hyperlink issue? try it yourself

fixed that link.

Reaction score
Addablo - My browser game in PHP - RaGEZONE Forums

something
Reaction score
I don't know wether this is your final install of the game or not. But I would advice you to get some sort of professional hosting if you're going to open this game to public (when it's ready to receive players). However, the game itself looks cool. I am using a 1280 x 800 monitor atm, and the map is too huge for my screen, so you probably want to resize the picture to make it smaller.

The idea is cool. I'm not a fan of JavaScript messageboxes, especially not when they open each time I visit an area. However, I like the idea behind the game, and I think you can turn it into something fun.

One last thing. I think that you shouldn't make actions like "rest" an own page. Like you have

and you have

it should be like ?map=home&action=rest (for example)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
HP: -16

What? I died and had -11 HP, went to fight, died again and now I got -16. How is this even possible?

Back