Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

My first calculator coded in Silverlight C#

Good Guy George
Loyal Member
Reaction score
TlJQfZm - My first calculator coded in Silverlight C# - RaGEZONE Forums

O72Z95J - My first calculator coded in Silverlight C# - RaGEZONE Forums

sCEIvl1 - My first calculator coded in Silverlight C# - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I like the design but how is there a purpose of this if there are smaller, easier calculators embedded in the computer.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
I like the design but how is there a purpose of this if there are smaller, easier calculators embedded in the computer.

The purpose is to learn to code. Something that you miss, still. Every coder builds a calculator in his/her first time, and you should try this, too. :p

-----

Well done qet123, but the background is hard for my eyes. 8)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi

the download link has expired, are you able to provide new link to download.

thanks

Reaction score

Hilarious.

The answer to this should be obvious.

Look at my past threads, I released calculators in like C / PHP . It's all for practice and I released them when I joined ragezone and look it's basically 2014. 4 years.

Omega Male
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The purpose is to learn to code. Something that you miss, still. Every coder builds a calculator in his/her first time, and you should try this, too. :p

-----

Well done qet123, but the background is hard for my eyes. 8)
I think that's not what he's meant with his post. As a person learning to code, we all understands the need for practice, but what's the point of posting it here if it's not of any good use. And if you say that it's use is that it serves as a reference for others new to coding, there's like thousands of calculator codes available all over the net. He should have just keep it to himself, unless he needs help with it.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
I think that's not what he's meant with his post. As a person learning to code, we all understands the need for practice, but what's the point of posting it here if it's not of any good use. And if you say that it's use is that it serves as a reference for others new to coding, there's like thousands of calculator codes available all over the net. He should have just keep it to himself, unless he needs help with it.

Yea, I agree. But I'm pretty sure Pkamara does not mean it this way to this time. My answer was more an offense to get him into simple coding before trying to get involved into the big fishes in the ocean of programming. (You have to understand the whole kind of story about Pkamara here in the coding section to get it right.)

Well, your post is absolutely right, however. I'm coding a lot of things too, but I do not release anything here, because it's something that already exists or is so unique it would be a mistake to show my idea before the project is not finished and published. But some people might need to show off the learn process to the community, and I think it's okay.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cant help to notice, but your windows are like inverted horizontally. D:
Anyway, good job. I should try make a calculator myself! Never tried to code one before.

JavaScript Is Best Script
Reaction score
You would probably want to focus instead on the different patterns that can be used to write a calculator. AFAIK, Silverlight (and WPF) relies heavily on the MVVM (Model/View/View-Model) pattern. I would say that getting a good grasp of the MVVM pattern is probably what you should do when working with Silverlight/WPF. If not, you're basically just using WinForms with a different set of libraries IMHO.

Sorry I couldn't verify for myself the pattern you were using, it seems that your link committed suicide.

Just a suggestion... forget Silverlight. It's being phased-out. Switch to HTML5...

Well I will agree with you about switching to something that is going to get better support, but then again, it never really hurts to learn both. There are things in Silverlight that you don't see often in HTML5, and vice versa.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Well done, I like this calculator more than the Windows Default Calculator.

Back