Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DaTop100.com - Topsite CMS written from scratch in ASP.NET MVC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Desako Topsite - Written in ASP.NET MVC 3

Desako Topsite is a completely free website to use to list and rank websites/servers. It comes with an administration panel where you can control the cms.

Since a week ago i decided to blow some new life into this old project of mine. It was written terribly
with old school sql and with all the logic in the controllers. Now i have added repositories, business layers with multiple services that handle the logic of the application.

Topsite Features

• Register/Edit your account (Website gets checked if it’s online when registering)
• Add/Edit/Delete Website
• Request username & reset password
• Website page where you can rate the server and view last weeks in & out visitors including unique. Facebook comments are also included
• Vote for your website and if there is an url in the request, you get redirected back to that website
• HTML code to let people vote for your website
• API
• Search websites
• Report websites
• View statistics
• Poll & Website stats & Latest ratings & Time untill reset (You can create your own html modules)
• Receive weekly a report of the statistics of your website (from startup 7 days)
• View mini statistics (weekly & monthly)
• Pretty urls

Planning

• Online status checker
• Uptime checker
• Plugin & module system

Browser Compatibility (Didn't test any other browsers)

• Google Chrome
• Mozilla Firefox
• IE 7 +

There is a live demo at:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Wow. This is stunning. Simple & clean UI. Coded in MVC pattern. What else can you request? Good work man.:blushing:

Reaction score
The main issue is that is it not responsive. Thus, what's the point of adding bootstrap when it is not even utilized properly.

The hover buttons:
<span class="home"></span></a><span class="stats"></span><span class="flag"></span>
Could have been done properly with sprites.

Everything feel so plain and washed out. The colors are dull.
Nevertheless, everything seems to be completed.

Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The main issue is that is it not responsive. Thus, what's the point of adding bootstrap when it is not even utilized properly.

The hover buttons:

Could have been done properly with sprites.

Everything feel so plain and washed out. The colors are dull.
Nevertheless, everything seems to be completed.

Thanks for the feedback. This is an old project, thats why the html and css arent properly done. Im mainly focussing on the backend. Bootstrap is added for the buttons and modals at the moment, nothing else. I am planning to add some new themes that are responsive.

Reaction score
Lets put it this way, if you're intended to learn html, css, javascript or jquery, you should definitely stay away from bootstraps or anything similar to that. However, you would want to focus on backends and as well to have a plain nice UI, yes use them.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I have used bootstrap many times for my own projects, but I found one that I like even more!

Check it out!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
is also a good alternative!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back