Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Dead of Knight - Indie Game (Download)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, so this is a game that I made with a few other students as our final project a little over a year ago. As part of the school project I was required to build the engine under DirectX 9.0c but I'm considering upgrading this to DX11 and adding in some new levels, a "wave" mode where you fight increasing difficult waves of enemies, and possibly make it co-op.

Aside from that there are a lot of small things I'd like to fix about the game, a few bugs need to be fixed, animations need some work, and ui needs a bit of finish.

Posting this up here as I'd like to gauge some feedback on whether or not I should continue on this project and make these changes.

*Also as a fun side note, most of the game is controlled by lua scripts in the scripts folder making is easy to change a ton of how the game works. You can change what monsters spawn where, monster hp/damage, hit boxes, player attacks, armor ghouls wear, how monsters ai functions and much more.

p.s. If you experience any problems getting this installed or running, just let me know please. This was all, aside from the wwise sound engine, coded from scratch in c++ in 3 months. So, I know there has been some issues with people running the game.

Download the game here:

Here are some vids:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
I played the first level so far. In the options I could not change the resolution successful. The game itself is pretty cool as kind of mini 3D game. You cannot walk around the ways, just stage by stage your way, that was sad. Some more alternative ways would be awesome. Also, the movement of the player looks funny. He's not running, hes going, but he's going like hulk!
Also I think damage and regeneration should be lower, because you die very fast but get very fast life full again. I miss a parry, defense or dodge function, too.

Anyway my biggest respect, it's a lot of awesome programming work behind such things. For students this is a far yielded performance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I played the first level so far. In the options I could not change the resolution successful. The game itself is pretty cool as kind of mini 3D game. You cannot walk around the ways, just stage by stage your way, that was sad. Some more alternative ways would be awesome. Also, the movement of the player looks funny. He's not running, hes going, but he's going like hulk!
Also I think damage and regeneration should be lower, because you die very fast but get very fast life full again. I miss a parry, defense or dodge function, too.

Anyway my biggest respect, it's a lot of awesome programming work behind such things. For students this is a far yielded performance.

Thanks for the feedback!

The resolution change requires a client restart, however I've noticed it doesn't work all the time on Windows 8.

Yes, I agree it would be great to have different paths to choose from, I would really like to add that in. We had discussed doing that during design phase, however it was cut from the game due to time constraints of getting this done in under 3 months.

You can use the dash as a defensive maneuver. You are invincible while doing a dash (hence the little shield graphic while doing it) and you can also dash under arrows that are fired at you.

If you're interested in messing around with a damage setting that feels right and more enjoyable for you, the lua files can be edited in the script folder to control all of those settings. We tried to find a good balance between damage / health, it was hard to get a bunch of student to agree on something like that as each of us played the game with different levels of skill.

Also, there are cheat codes to unlock all the levels, teleport through levels, and make yourself invincible. I just can't remember them right now, gonna have to look em up quick.

EDIT: Cheat Codes!!

Open All Levels:
When on the level select or on the main menu, type "open" to unlock all levels without having to beat them.

Invulnerability: At any time in game type "op + f5"

Teleport Around Level: At any time in game type "op + 1" -> "op + 8" to jump to different rooms in the level.

Go To Next Level:
While in game type "op + 9" to jump to the next level.

Go To Previous Level: While in game type "op + 0" to jump to the previous level.

*note: All teleport/level jumps will give your character full health. However, I just noticed that in these the health restore is a hard coded 1000 rather than going off the script files as it should be... so if you edited the script files hp for the player to anything other than 1000 it will get 1000 hp on a jump.

Last edited:
Back