Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A fps game i'm working on.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It could be caused by a lower frame rate. The program might just play the frames after each other which cause the recording to speed-up.

Well i'd rather use a diffrent recoding software in the future.

I have just finnished up the Battle Report screen this screen is showing the headshots, kills and deaths made in the battle and it's showing the total exp earned. and these stats are being added in the database.

And the level up system is working fine now, i had some issues before but i just fixed it.
Ive also made that the player's name is shown above their head, enemy names will display red and team names displays white.

Will be working on the Pistol animations soon and the weapon switching needs a fix.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Feel free to send me an alpha test invitation to break the game so you can fix it :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The animation speed seems fine. I think the key to having a realistic running effect is to have the camera dip a bit with every sway. Watch how other FPS's simulate the effect.
Good job nonetheless!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Whats the game size currently? do u have mobile assets?

not a programmer
Reaction score
The animation speed seems fine. I think the key to having a realistic running effect is to have the camera dip a bit with every sway. Watch how other FPS's simulate the effect.
Good job nonetheless!
It already is. View bobbing? With an option to disable/slow down yeah since most users like it but for some it causes nausea/motion sickness.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
looks fine, but you should be aware. Some days ago i found out that the engine i was using doesn't exist anymore, so i can#t buy a license and have to use the free stuff ( gpl license), means i have to share my source code.
If you bought an unity-license it shouldn#t be a problem, else if the free-stuff uses GPL-license you should first buy a license before publishing it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It already is. View bobbing? With an option to disable/slow down yeah since most users like it but for some it causes nausea/motion sickness.
With a bit of tweaking, you can find a good default amount of bobbing. Added a toggle feature, and you're good to go. ;)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Nice game. This looks Ducking sick as hell. Is it going to be free to play, or will it cost money?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Cool! Then sell it to big companies and get paid.

I don't think any big companies would buy this. Maybe some minor companies but i think the game isn't polished enough for a big company to purchase.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I don't think any big companies would buy this. Maybe some minor companies but i think the game isn't polished enough for a big company to purchase.

Agreed, a big company has alot more funds for their games so they'll just end up either developing it themself or hire some other section to program it for them, giving them everything at the end.

However when you create something like this it's always good for you to put in your portfolio.. so you can get into those huge companies and then get paid :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi People, sorry i have been away for a while, i stopped with the project lately, but going to continue with it again, I think i will make it a free to play game and maybe have it in gunz style not sure though, I do everything on my own. But the problem is that i cant create maps i really suck at getting idea's or even create maps. I'm more into GUI Desigm, Animations, Coding and everything that comes to create games. But the problem i have is making gameplay maps. The map i showed in the image is simple and huge, but it's not something i'm planning to have within the game.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Hi People, sorry i have been away for a while, i stopped with the project lately, but going to continue with it again, I think i will make it a free to play game and maybe have it in gunz style not sure though, I do everything on my own. But the problem is that i cant create maps i really suck at getting idea's or even create maps. I'm more into GUI Desigm, Animations, Coding and everything that comes to create games. But the problem i have is making gameplay maps. The map i showed in the image is simple and huge, but it's not something i'm planning to have within the game.

Try either looking at already existing FPS gameplay maps like CS:GO custom maps for example or try posting at the Team Recruitment section you might be able to get in touch with other people that do have the visual to create gameplay maps.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I can help you with development, if you need :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Make it work on galaxy s3 without lags and undeer 40mb, then i will salute you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But there are already too many similar games for PC, and u cant beat their quality...

I'm sure i can beat their quality, the video's / images you see at the moment are outdated i started this project from scratch once again as the other project was just to learn. If someone else can make a fps game i can do that to. however this is not going to be just another fps game, i have plans to make this game unique and fun to play.

Sure it's going to take time for this to become something especially as i don't make 3d models i have to buy 3d models, and when i buy 3d models i'm looking for quality. so i dont look for CS like models. I only buy AAA 3d models. But as they are expensive i just need time.

Back