Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[C#] GDI+ UI Kit

Reaction score
So because I wanted to have more than just "plain old WinForms controls" for all my applications I wrote myself a little library that can handle multiple styles!

Js4azIM - [C#] GDI+ UI Kit - RaGEZONE Forums

Currently some styles don't have the textbox, because I'm still working on it. The style is determined by the form which inherits not from directly from "Form" but from a class "ThemeController"

hfQeIxy - [C#] GDI+ UI Kit - RaGEZONE Forums

Some of the styles are from somebody of the hacking scene.

EDIT:
New self-made style!

NeEY751 - [C#] GDI+ UI Kit - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
So because I wanted to have more than just "plain old WinForms controls" for all my applications I wrote myself a little library that can handle multiple styles!

GigaToni - [C#] GDI+ UI Kit - RaGEZONE Forums

Currently some styles don't have the textbox, because I'm still working on it. The style is determined by the form which inherits not from directly from "Form" but from a class "ThemeController"

GigaToni - [C#] GDI+ UI Kit - RaGEZONE Forums

Some of the styles are from somebody of the hacking scene.

Looking nice, however seems some work to write ur own libr, however it could color up your own program.. though your using windows forms, why not WPF?

Reaction score
It's actually not "that" bad. The painful work was getting the controls actually to do what they're supposed to do ^.^ (Text box = text input etc.). And getting the "instant switch" in the designer working :).

Why not WPF? b/c I started (~8 1/2 ago) with WinForms, it's quicker to write an easy and fast working test program. WPF is too bulky for most of the work. And to be honest, I refuse to learn it. It's far too much code that I can have in WinForms with ~2-3 Lines I need 20 or 40 in WPF.

EDIT:
And I know WPF is rendered with DX and faster in rendering, you can do a lot more with it and so on, but actually I like the challenges WinForms provides me :D

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
It's actually not "that" bad. The painful work was getting the controls actually to do what they're supposed to do ^.^ (Text box = text input etc.). And getting the "instant switch" in the designer working :).

Why not WPF? b/c I started (~8 1/2 ago) with WinForms, it's quicker to write an easy and fast working test program. WPF is too bulky for most of the work. And to be honest, I refuse to learn it. It's far too much code that I can have in WinForms with ~2-3 Lines I need 20 or 40 in WPF.

EDIT:
And I know WPF is rendered with DX and faster in rendering, you can do a lot more with it and so on, but actually I like the challenges WinForms provides me :D

Yea we only switched from windows forms to wpf last year in college so its not a shame or bad thing to do win forms instead

Back