Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gunz Online [Imagine It Text Based]

Reaction score
So one day like today where I'm completely bored out of my mind so I decide to make random projects or in general random stuff.

As everyone on RageZone or jsut a few know of the Game Gunz the duel. So I took Gunz to the web and made it completely web based, What I demonstrate is just an example of how Gunz would be if It we're written on the web.

FACT:
It's Gunz written without any characters and the whole jumping and pouncing off walls like a Hunter from L4D.

-
Here is teh video:

--

Features:
Fight,Inventory,Server,Shop, & More.

How was it made:
The connection is strictly and directly from MSSQL the original GunzDB.bak so I just called any functions that we're necessarily needed.

The Possibilities of Gunz In A Browser:
Graphic -> Text Based Game, ,heck for certain parts good designers could just input images and yeah, great for people who don't like to jump around like a turd. As we all remember gunz was never ment to have K-Style as it was a user made "Glitch" persay.

Yeah once again I was completely bored, I just show what I have here. I did this completely for fun and for copyrights Gunz the duel does not belong to me in any way as this is just a demonstration.

Comment Positive Comment Negative, I could care less but I do hope you enjoy the clip lol.

All Images And Content Related to Gunz Does not belong to me and only belongs to the rightful owners From Maiet Gunz The Duel.

Last edited:
Reaction score
sure I could, but gunz is a cooler base.
Trying to turn an instanced MMO (and arguably, most MMOs released today) into a MUD is a really bad idea.
Also note how using GunZ name is violating their trademark and using their images is violating the copyright they have on them. If the images were publicly released under a license, then pay close attention to the license. If not, then the image is .

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good effort from you!

I've tried creating a web-based MU Online before and realized how much effort it needs to get done.

Carry on, you're doing a good job. Incorporate what's necessary to create a good UI and gameplay, embed ajax and jquery elements to your project.

Reaction score
Trying to turn an instanced MMO (and arguably, most MMOs released today) into a MUD is a really bad idea.
Also note how using GunZ name is violating their trademark and using their images is violating the copyright they have on them. If the images were publicly released under a license, then pay close attention to the license. If not, then the image is .

I'm doing it for the fun part of it, I find MUD's really interesting to play now adays since most games are pretty much the same compared to MMO's. I'm trying to give credit to maiet for all their images i'm sure as long as its given to the respectful and rightful owner then they're should not be a problem.

Another fact is look at private servers of Gunz , most of them are affecting Gunz copyright as it's their engine and content. What's really the difference when making it text based graphic wised. Please explain as this is indeed a serious question and I do need answers to before I could get into any sort of trouble .

Good effort from you!

I've tried creating a web-based MU Online before and realized how much effort it needs to get done.

Carry on, you're doing a good job. Incorporate what's necessary to create a good UI and gameplay, embed ajax and jquery elements to your project.

Yeah it takes a lot of effort in making MUs and it is indeed alot of fun in my opinion.

I've recently added accurate online status for displaying how many members are online, and next i'm looking into incorporating better fighting systems. So far everything is going good and straight to plan, also it will for sure take alot of J based elements which could be done.

Graphic wise I haven't really decided on how I want it done, Preferably a exact live copy of the original Gunz to make it seem like they're with the good old design. I made a complete copy of the ingame lobby but on a website in example there is the chatbox bottom center > Friends / Clan > to the right and you're information to the left.

Thanks for the feedback ! :)

Reaction score
I'm doing it for the fun part of it, I find MUD's really interesting to play now adays since most games are pretty much the same compared to MMO's. I'm trying to give credit to maiet for all their images i'm sure as long as its given to the respectful and rightful owner then they're should not be a problem.

Another fact is look at private servers of Gunz , most of them are affecting Gunz copyright as it's their engine and content. What's really the difference when making it text based graphic wised. Please explain as this is indeed a serious question and I do need answers to before I could get into any sort of trouble .

Meh, if they aren't targeting private servers they could more than likely care less about a MUD. When a private server uses the name GunZ in its server name, it's violating a trademark. And there are oh so many ways most private servers violate copyright.

Reaction score
My advice is to check out other web-based games (specifically lotgd) and see how they do things. Text-based MMOs are still very popular because more people are realizing its more fun to follow along through a story than to mindlessly smash keys.

I've been wanting to do something like this for a while but just haven't gotten around to dedicating time for it yet. Good luck. :p

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I've been checking out a lot of web based games for a good example on how to do it. I'll eventually have sign up and let others test what I got.

Back