Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hash Dictionary

All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well I got bored suddenly yesterday so I put this together lol
So far I put in every number from 1 - 1.7million'ish I would have gone higher but my script died out at about 1.7 lol
I put in about 2million entries

Here's how it works:
Any text string entered gets added to the database if it isn't already in there.
The "dehasher" looks for the text string of the hash (md5 or sha1) and if it's in the database it tells you what it is.

It takes a few seconds to search each time since there are about 2million entries lol

Link:

Lets lets all start searching and see how much we can "dehash" lol

Inspiration for this site:
I know there are other sites like this one but they don't have it where every search is entered to it, they only have a few pre-stored words. I thought it would be pretty cool to see how many entries we could get in there ^_^
Imagine being able to search any hash and get out the text string for it, but we're a while from that lol.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Database contains 166,649,764 unique entries.

Also, your server isn't going to be able to handle it.

All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Also, your server isn't going to be able to handle it.

Yah I've been there before... And they didn't have any of the strings I searched in lol
And yah I know my server won't be able to handle it but I'm workin' on it lol
It won't pickup that fast so there's no need to worry at the moment.

Plus, they don't have SHA1 either =p lol, course that will only make searches harder when the database gets bigger since it has to check both.

**Edit**
Whoops found a stray query lol, it loads MUCH fast now ^_^ like 10x hehe

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about making the same thing for MuOnline.. It doesn't seem to know a lot of hashes though.. :icon6:

All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about making the same thing for MuOnline.. It doesn't seem to know a lot of hashes though.. :icon6:

Yah... well what are yah gonna do right? lol I can only put some many in there lol
I thought about making a script to addin randomly generated strings but uhh, I got lazy? ^_^ Oh well...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, you should consider that almost all passwords are longer then 4 characters and shorter then 10. This means you have 6 spots. Each spot will most likely contain a alfanumeric character, ie, a-zA-Z0-9. Thats 26 * 2 + 10 = 62.

62 ^ 6 = 5.6E10, or about 56 billion entries. If you use a varchar(20) field for the hash this means 1Tb of data, including overhead etc you can make it an even 1.5Tb. Thats a lot'a data, but not impossible for current fileservers. It won't be fast, and it will be even bigger if you use an index to improof speed, but I daresay its possible to create a working sollution.

Ofcourse, another option is to design a webcrawler and simply index every word on the web, there are only like 20.000 words in the english language if I recall correctly, so it'll be a piece of cake to index that.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well, you should consider that almost all passwords are longer then 4 characters and shorter then 10. This means you have 6 spots. Each spot will most likely contain a alfanumeric character, ie, a-zA-Z0-9. Thats 26 * 2 + 10 = 62.

62 ^ 6 = 5.6E10, or about 56 billion entries. If you use a varchar(20) field for the hash this means 1Tb of data, including overhead etc you can make it an even 1.5Tb. Thats a lot'a data, but not impossible for current fileservers. It won't be fast, and it will be even bigger if you use an index to improof speed, but I daresay its possible to create a working sollution.

Ofcourse, another option is to design a webcrawler and simply index every word on the web, there are only like 20.000 words in the english language if I recall correctly, so it'll be a piece of cake to index that.

trust me fragfrog knows what hes talking about ;)

All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
trust me fragfrog knows what hes talking about ;)

lol, I know he is
I just got bored and decided to do something fun ^_^
It crashed my sql host and it took my hoster *counts* 1... 2... 5... 9... About 2 weeks to bring back online lol
I have had about 7 million entries in it teehee

It was fun while it lasted lol

All is well...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Upgrading the site today
Going to make it query faster ^_^
Going to make separate databases for each letter, number, and for symbols

Probably gonna wipe the database as well, just to clean it up since I made a few mistakes in the initial codings

I'll see how that goes
That should speed it up quite a bit

I'm editing it because I'm going to start a portfolio and I need sample works lol, effective sample works =p
My first version of the site was pretty nubbly coded lol, I couldn't stop it from executing certain queries so I just made it die after each process lol

This new version will be much cleaner in half the coding. It will also be about about 70x faster (since it now checks each database individually by first letter/number/symbol)

**Edit**
Script is now 100% scripted lol (that sounds redundant)
Graphics time now

The script utilizes 110 tables within a database. The tables are labeled according to first letter
1 table collated by initial text string first letter -- Faster checks during insertion
2 table collated by md5 hash first letter -- Faster searches for MD5 hashes
3 table collated by sha1 hash first letter -- Faster searches for SHA1 hashes

I think I'm getting better =p *pats self on back* go me!

**Edit 2**
I'm getting the feeling that someone here is exploiting my poor coding to cripple my sql server =p
Looks as though it's down almost 24/7 hmm

The samething happened with my previous site so I might have made the same mistake once again.

Last edited:
Back