Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

iPaint - Drawing App!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
iPaint
Intro:
iPaint is an application made in several languages that lets you draw and save your image INSTANTLY to the web for easy sharing. iPaint is released as a Web version and an iOS app.

Languages Used:
Since iPaint is released on the web and as an app, I used several languages.

• iOS App - Obj-C, HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript (jQuery), PHP.
  • Web Version - HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript (jQuery), PHP.
The iOS app is just the same thing as the web version, but in a more convinient environment.

Description:
Original code for iPaint was made by Ben Nadel. I had to re-make it and re-write some code and added the PHP part (and the app). At first, I used my web server to save images, but now, I use 's to save images. I will be releasing the source code right after I post the thread. You will need to sign up for the Imgur's API and get a Client ID.

Screenshots:

Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 1.03.49 PM - iPaint - Drawing App! - RaGEZONE Forums
Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 1.04.32 PM - iPaint - Drawing App! - RaGEZONE Forums
I will add iOS screenshots later as my iPod is dead.

Links? Downloads?
To use the web version, go to .
To use the iOS version, download .deb file, place it in iFile, click on it, and select "Install".
Note: to use the iOS app, you must have a Jailbroken device with a firmware 3.0 and above.

Suggestions? Comments?
If you have any suggestions, please reply and post them in your reply. I do not want to add more colors as I want it to remain as simple as possible. I will be adding the application to a Cydia source as soon as I find a reliable one that is willing to host it.

I have not tested it on iPad yet as I do not own one, but it should be working.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
More paint sizes and colors?
Remove lines again?
Reset your image to white?
Undo, redo?
Allow visitors to continue drawing? (So saving not just the image?)
And just you would store the image as page to edit it: What when the receiver has a smaller window?
Anyway ...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
More paint sizes and colors? Maybe when I learn some more canvas I will learn this.
Remove lines again? So far I haven't figured out how to do that.
Reset your image to white? App features a "silent" refresh which basically resets the image.
Undo, redo? Probably in later versions. Would require a lot of work, but possible.
Allow visitors to continue drawing? (So saving not just the image?) This is a nice feature. I might add it to the upcoming membership system, but it would be pretty bad, and I would have to make it for the iPhone only as the canvas sizes would be different.
And just you would store the image as page to edit it: What when the receiver has a smaller window? I can't understand this suggestion. :p
Anyway ... Swag

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
I can't understand this suggestion. :p

My resolution:
Anybody else resolution when he/she views my image:
This problem only affects your program, when allowing to edit images of other people, not just view them.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh I see what you are talking about. I might implement this after the account system.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
onclick > register pixels that passed > pixels black > done?

Convert pixels to base64>make sure there is nothing vulnerable before I write it to the file>use imgur as an api and upload it there.

Reaction score
My resolution:
Anybody else resolution when he/she views my image:
This problem only affects your program, when allowing to edit images of other people, not just view them.

Your resolution:
When I view your images on that resolution:*** removed ***

But nice app, if you truely use canvas. you can draw a rect with the canvas size. It will clear everything.

Last edited:
• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Your resolution:
When I view your images on that resolution:

You don't get it. It's not about the resolution of the images / screenshots, it's about the real resolution when he would allow others to edit existing images later. Read before you post next time. ^^

Reaction score
You don't get it. It's not about the resolution of the images / screenshots, it's about the real resolution when he would allow others to edit existing images later. Read before you post next time. ^^

Ill add a end troll tag next time. Ofc i do know what he means....

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Butterfly

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am trying to make it perfect by adding User Agent checks on client side.

Intelligent DoucheBag
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Convert pixels to base64>make sure there is nothing vulnerable before I write it to the file>use imgur as an api and upload it there.

upload it for everyline you draw?

Whenever you start allowing to edit images again, I would try to shrink the image when the browser width shrinks too. That's pretty hard, however.

It's of no need.
Why resize the images if you open a image edited by someone working on 1024*768 (example)

The resolution should just stay, but the image should be centered o.o
that's it o.o

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
upload it for everyline you draw?

It's of no need.
Why resize the images if you open a image edited by someone working on 1024*768 (example)

The resolution should just stay, but the image should be centered o.o
that's it o.o

I use Imgur's API, therefore Icant upload it every time as so many resources and calls are wasted.

Back