Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Jets and Meteors - A Unity3D game

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
For all my modesty I have to admit, I never showcased anything I'm working on. Sure, I posted about a little tool I wrote in 71 minutes (that was useless at the end haha) and I wrote one .NET tutorial about component merging, but beside that I never posted anything related to my work that is huge and in progress mode. Mostly, because it was not that eye candy to show or simply to specific to fit into this forum full of PHP bunch freaks and MMO gaming modders. Some of the things I could have posted were inappropriate for public, as I get paid for it and have no rights to share it at all.

Today it's different. One month ago a friend invited me (the old C# lover) to get into game programming. He is a pro in management and wants to get into 3D designing while I cross my fingers on game development. We want to sell mobile games, and seriously, it's time for some fun. We decided to go for Unity3D, because even when the right decision would be to pick up C++ and even build an own engine for education purposes, this time we want fast results. Unity not just won by allowing me to go for C#, it even allows me to sell my apps with the free version of Unity, that's neat.

So today I show you a work-in-progress game I develop solo just to learn about Unity and also to build up a huge library full of scripts that can be re-used in later projects. If this would become something serious I would not post it, but let's see how it's going. The reason why I say that is, this game would not sell very good I think, because it's not what the most idiots would play, and let's face it, the world is full of idiots, excluding RZ *cough*. :zippy:

The game is a 2D side scrolled space shooter, inspired by Jet's and Guns (so this is where I got my development alias of this project from). You - the green ship - destroy enemies who are facing you and trying to kill you:

שเ๒єtгเ๒є - Jets and Meteors - A Unity3D game - RaGEZONE Forums

Behind this game logic you can find health/injury game objects that can hurt each other. Each weapon (body or bullets of entities) do some damage that can be catched by opposite colliding objects with shields and health that can be defined freely.

I already programmed element support allowing to decide that i.e. water hurts fire more by any factor. So as you see, even when this is a simple shooter, I try to think about other games while building my scripts. I want and will use them once when I finally program my first RPG.

Also there is ammo support, with reloading time, and duration points so your weapon can break after a while depending on damage or use count. This, however, is not used in the examples so far, everything stays on infinity ammo and auto fire. The reason for this implementation is I want my scripts to work for any ego shooters, too. They need to be re-usable.

On the next step of this game, enemies will learn to aim torwards you.

If you guys are interested, I gonna keep this thread up. :zippy:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This looks really awesome! You should add a health bar, ammo, score, and to many other's to list xD. Keep up the cool work, and thank's for the tut I shall watch some Unityz O_O... Cheers!

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
I really liked the short time I was learning Unity3D. Unfortunately, the team broke again due personal problems. I hate when something like this happens.
Now my vocational training is almost done and I have to learn learn learn + work work work for my final exam and project documentation and presentation.
Meanwhile I still working on a business enterprise website project.

Long story short, sad to say, it's over before it could start. However, I hope I can get back into it next year, maybe. Thanks for your interests.

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I really liked the short time I was learning Unity3D. Unfortunately, the team broke again due personal problems. I hate when something like this happens.
Now my vocational training is almost done and I have to learn learn learn + work work work for my final exam and project documentation and presentation.
Meanwhile I still working on a business enterprise website project.

Long story short, sad to say, it's over before it could start. However, I hope I can get back into it next year, maybe. Thanks for your interests.

I wish you good luck , I hope you can face it calmly .. :D

Back