• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Metro Typer 2 - Smart Auto Typer

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
New autotyper I created with a sleek(?) interface and easy handling.

Features:

- Metro-style
- Hotkeys (F1-F11)
- Different configurations, you're able to spam 3 different messages for each key in each different config
- Minimizes to your system tray, windows 7 = bottom right
- Easily change which configuration to spam from the system tray
- Save a configuration so once you re-open the auto typer, your messages are saved
- Clear a configuration
- Enter key checkbox, choose whether the typer spams enter after every message or not
- Help section in the application

Screenies are available

VirusTotal is available

Download is available

Official website : metrotyper.co.nf

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Protip: if you distribute your program without the files it uses, it will crash silently.

- Metro-style

In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya, you keep on using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means. That being said, looks good but it still throws a bunch of exceptions.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Protip: if you distribute your program without the files it uses, it will crash silently.

In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya, you keep on using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means. That being said, looks good but it still throws a bunch of exceptions.

It's a metro-styled form, and a metro-styled tabsystem. Not enough metro for you?

Exceptions as in what kind?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
It's a metro-styled form, and a metro-styled tabsystem. Not enough metro for you?

Compare and . Also compare . Microsoft dropped the 'Metro' designation about a year ago anyway, but it was originally about much more than having flat, text-based buttons. I can see where you're coming from since DotNetBar and others have started calling some of their user controls 'metro,' but what Microsoft used to call Metro is actually just a set of really specific design principles. Calling an app with flat buttons a Metro style app (now known as Windows 8 Store-style app, groan along with me) is kind of like me making an app with the Ubuntu typeface and calling my program Linux-style.

Also worth mentioning, your program won't run without the DotNetBar redistributable. It's also illegal to distribute it without a license. So I'd probably go back to the drawing board.

Exceptions as in what kind?

FileNotFoundException.

Back